Cant decide - Erevo/Revo Conversion, Savage Flux, or Summit >

Cant decide - Erevo/Revo Conversion, Savage Flux, or Summit

Cant decide - Erevo/Revo Conversion, Savage Flux, or Summit

Old 02-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Cant decide - Erevo/Revo Conversion, Savage Flux, or Summit

Hey guys,

I've never really bashed hard with a truck but I'm looking to get something I can with. Has to be 4wd brushless. Which of the ones listed would be my best bet?

Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

The summit is a brushed motor, so your looking at another 300 or so in upgraded to get it brushless. My thoughts:

E-Revo- For racing and a little bashing
Savy- For Bashing and a little racing
Summit -or bashing and a little rock crawling.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

The Savage and the Summit sound like what I want then. The only thing keeping me from a summit is the slower speed - but I'd like to try crawling. If I put brushless in the summit, am I really taking away 90% of the trucks ability like everyone says?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Got my Sav Flux this weekend, been raining when I've had any time, but what little running I've done on 4S, its unreal. The truck is super light and well thought out, need to buy some velcro for the batt boxes and make sure batts are in tight, only thing HPI didn't really have in the box.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bohh
The Savage and the Summit sound like what I want then. The only thing keeping me from a summit is the slower speed - but I'd like to try crawling. If I put brushless in the summit, am I really taking away 90% of the trucks ability like everyone says?

I would think you can just lower the voltage and go easy on the trigger. Rather than run 2-2s batteries in series for 14.4 volts, run them in parallel for 7.2 volts for crawling. Then when you want to bash bump it up to 14.4 again.

If it were me I'd go with the Summit. Blazing speed is fun but running all our the flield to flip it over gets old. I'd like a truck that can go anywhere.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Durability wise what do you think would be better? Summit or Savage Flux?

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Durability wise what do you think would be better? Summit or Savage Flux?

Thanks!
savage. all of the savages were the toughest of their time.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Arrow Consider This.

Hey guys,

I've never really bashed hard with a truck but I'm looking to get something I can with. Has to be 4wd brushless. Which of the ones listed would be my best bet?

Thanks
If you're already in the price range of the Savage Flux why don't you consider
the E-Revo Brushless Edition which is coming out March. It has a great
tuneable BL system, a 2.4 Ghz radio, a highly adjustable/tuneable chassis like
that of the Summit which you might use for casual crawling and is durable
enough to bash around with.

I have both the Savage Flux and an E-Revo with a CC MMM/2650kv Combo
installed. They are both great trucks each with its' own strengths, but
knowing what I know now I would opt for the coming E-Revo Brushless
Edition even if it isn't as durable and doesn't look as cool as the Flux(a
different body would fix that though).

Hope this helped.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The savage is the best out of the trucks you listed but traxxas is coming out with an E-maxx v-twin. It has twin vxl brushless systems in an e-maxx. Check it out!!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Don, you say you would choose an erevo over the flux - despite it being not as durable or as cool. Why then do you choose the erevo?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Arrow Reasons.

Don, you say you would choose an erevo over the flux - despite it being not as durable or as cool. Why then do you choose the erevo?
I would choose the E-Revo Brushless if I were you for several reasons-

1) Box Stock the ER can be made to handle better due to caster and camber adjustments.
The platform is more adaptable to all sorts of terrain. Bashing is not only about going
fast straight but also about taking curves at reasonable speeds without rolling over most of
the time.

2) You would not need to upgrade the ER to a 2.4 Ghz radio system which I believe to be a must.
You would want to minimize losing control or having a system glitch in a 10+ pound vehicle
capable of 40+ mph which is always a possibility in the Box Stock 27 Mhz Flux.

3) You would have the ability to utilize the ER platform for casual crawling like that you
intended for the Summit, the chassis of both being basically the same.

Having pointed out the above, you should consider the Flux only if you intend it for 100%
bashing and only if you can do the 2.4 GHz radio upgrade.

I reiterate that I have both the ER with BL system and the Savage Flux. I also have more
HPI rc vehicles than I do Traxxas and I would like to believe I'm much more objective than
I'm biased.

At the end of the day it is your money and therefore your call, it's really only you that can truly
determine which one to get.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

If all you are going to do is bashing, go with the Savage hands down.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you for all your help so far everyone. I already have a DX3R so the radio isn't a concern for me. To be honest, I am just bashing with it. That's all I want to do. To be honest, I am leaning toward the savage. The only thing that bothers me is looking on the web at videos all I see it doing is constantly flipping.

Is that driver error, or is it because the CG is so high? Walking over to the truck to flip it often would really get annoying quick.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Thank you for all your help so far everyone. I already have a DX3R so the radio isn't a concern for me. To be honest, I am just bashing with it. That's all I want to do. To be honest, I am leaning toward the savage. The only thing that bothers me is looking on the web at videos all I see it doing is constantly flipping.

Is that driver error, or is it because the CG is so high? Walking over to the truck to flip it often would really get annoying quick.
It's bad trigger control I love Traxxas, read over my past posts. Even though they have some flaws (all trucks do stock), I defend them heavily. Since you are purely bashing with it, the Savage is going to be much more durable and more of a play and go. I've seen em in person, got to drive the original electric version, and yah, they do seem to have a higher CG than an Emaxx or ERevo, but again, it's a much better basher.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you. I've almost made up my mind. But one more question. What will I notice between a New emaxx converted to brushless vs the E Savage Flux?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.