Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cant decide - Erevo/Revo Conversion, Savage Flux, or Summit

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bohh
Thank you. I've almost made up my mind. But one more question. What will I notice between a New emaxx converted to brushless vs the E Savage Flux?
You'll notice the savage Isn't broken.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by helibrian
You'll notice the savage Isn't broken.
Ignore the ignorant post, The Emaxx will handle better and sit a bit lower than the savage, also its completely water proof. The Emaxx isn't near as beefy though as the savage when it comes to the A-Arms and such. The new drivetrain though is solid on it, unlike the previous Emaxx when upgraded. I'm personally not a fan of the Savage layout, but they are still great trucks.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bohh
Thank you for all your help so far everyone. I already have a DX3R so the radio isn't a concern for me. To be honest, I am just bashing with it. That's all I want to do. To be honest, I am leaning toward the savage. The only thing that bothers me is looking on the web at videos all I see it doing is constantly flipping.

Is that driver error, or is it because the CG is so high? Walking over to the truck to flip it often would really get annoying quick.
The Savage flux is a little quirky in mid air, but all the videos I've seen so far of the Savage flux definitely show EXTREME driver error, and VERY poor driving skills. I can't believe HPI is releasing some of those videos, it makes the truck look bad.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Ignore the ignorant post, The Emaxx will handle better and sit a bit lower than the savage, also its completely water proof. The Emaxx isn't near as beefy though as the savage when it comes to the A-Arms and such. The new drivetrain though is solid on it, unlike the previous Emaxx when upgraded. I'm personally not a fan of the Savage layout, but they are still great trucks.
You've obviously never owned a Savage. No offense to you e-maxx owners. I have 2 of them myself.

The Savages get driven while the e-maxxes remain upon the shelf of safety. God forbid anyone actually put an e-maxx through the torture a Savage lives and loves.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by helibrian
You've obviously never owned a Savage. No offense to you e-maxx owners. I have 2 of them myself.
Your post nor the previous doesn't have any relevance to this. Grow up a bit and help somebody instead of being ignorant in assuming what somebody has owned.

BTW, I have owned a Savage, they may be beefy but they handle like garbage.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BOTTOM LINE: you have alot of people saying the same things with a lot of bullshit thrown in. heres what they are saying....and im sure almost everyone will agree with me.

if you are gonna bash MOST (well all of the time)of the time the Savage Flux is for you.

if you are gonna bash and race, the EREVO is for you.

the summit is shit. seriously.

no the summit is good for rock crawling with the occasional low speed bash.

PS, face it traxxas guys. its been proven for years. the savage beats the maxx hands down when it comes to bashability.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR

BTW, I have owned a Savage, they may be beefy but they handle like garbage.
Once again, driver error/ lack of setup experience. Not trying to pick a forum fight with you sir, just the facts. I implied the Savage was tougher and you agreed via your post, yet called my post ignorant....hmmmm I'm sure everyone would appreciate your not leading this thread in the direction you try to lead the others.

Have a good day!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MoparRules
BOTTOM LINE: you have alot of people saying the same things with a lot of bullshit thrown in. heres what they are saying....and im sure almost everyone will agree with me.

if you are gonna bash MOST (well all of the time)of the time the Savage Flux is for you.

PS, face it traxxas guys. its been proven for years. the savage beats the maxx hands down when it comes to bashability.
+1
What he said.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoparRules

you aint seen the beating my revo gets on the track
Old 02-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How do E-Maxxs fit into this? My goal is to throw a MM setup in some 4wd to BASH. Jump high, hit stuff, etc.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Rookie

From a personal perspective, I'd go for the new e-revo. The fact that it's 4wd, water-proofed & already set-up with brushless, makes it appealing. Especially as I'm not brilliant when it comes to upgrades/modifications.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Savage Flux all the Way
Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Despite what people may say, the E-revo is a great basher, coupled with it's handling on the track, go for it! I have never driven a savage, but the e-revo hands down bashes better than my old e-maxx. It also is way more durable. I only really had problems with the stock a-arms. After installing RPMs, i have yet to break anything!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Well this is turning into a Traxxas "vs" Hpi Thread I find a large portion of the answers can be byias. My opinion talk to your local hobby shop, find out if theirs anyone running these trucks, see if you can maybe run it once to see it first hand how they run. Best bet hands down!!!

Tyler
Old 08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Did anyone else notice this thread is 6 months old. I sure hope OP bought a truck by now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.