Wiki Posts
Search

quark 125b monster vs mamba monster

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default quark 125b monster vs mamba monster

which of these would you say is better? i know the quark is "rated" to handle more lipo cells.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

They are both rated to 6S lipo, I have run both. The 125b overheats, I ran it mounted on a RCM heat sink with dual fans and it still ran hot. I had a 125b modded and added a piece of copper plate inside to replace the thermal pad that seems to be the source of all the heat probs. Haven't run it yet though, the MMM has been getting the nod.

125b was smoother starting than anything that was remotely competitive so everyone was willing to put up with or try to solve the heat issues. But now with CC's new firmware for their controllers, that diff seems to have disappered. Plus the fact Quark closed its USA operations and if you have a prob, its got to go back to Korea for service. Unless Quark has dropped the price, I don't see the diff in cost (125b was $275 when I bought mine) buys you anything.

I'm waiting on a new CC combo myself. I'll run my modded 125b when I have a chance, but its more of a curiosity than anything serious thinking it'll be better than an MMM.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Quark went bankrupt last year. thus Mamba it is.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Lord

Thats for real??

Darn, no support at all, I've got a couple of 33a 18th scale speedies too. Guess we have CC to thanks for that as well.....
Old 01-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

I believe if not true then something really weird is going down.

But as far as i know now their website is gone, they dont respond to any of their e-mail adresses nor pick up international phone calls.

People have sent items to Korea for repair to never see or hear from them again.

Thus leading me and the distributor here to think they went out of bussiness.

most likely the SSB is the cause. R&D for that thing must have been ginormous and when it finally did come out it didnt do what it was rated for.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Lord

There are a bunch of us still using 125b's on RCM - that's where I got mine modded and we'd kept up with them moving back to Korea and had their address, email and phone number, but hadn't heard this latest. Shame really, they had a good customer service.

Thanks for making me aware they're no longe rin business. We had a poster on RCM that lived in the city where they were located and the SSB had looked good, but he didn't post a real review.