Wiki Posts
Search

Emaxx or ERevo for bashing

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default Emaxx or ERevo for bashing

I hate these as much as everyone else. I'm looking into getting 2 rigs for bashing around with my wife.

I know the Revo is a newer design, etc. EMAXX is cheaper, etc.

Either way, they will both get converted to brushless (unless I get the new Brushless EREVO).

For bashing performance, reliability, etc. Which would you suggest?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The Emaxx is a better pure basher - its tougher, its heavier and just built stronger. The Revo has a rep for breaking arms when used for bashing and my experience with my G2R which uses the front and rear end from a Revo has been similar. I've replaced all suspension arms with RPM and I stiil break a lower now and then.

The 16.8 is pretty much brushless ready with the stronger 3.3 type center drives and wheel axles and upgraded diffs. Only thing I'd worry about is getting better idlers for the trans and those are available from RC Monster or maybe UE.

I have an older 3906 Emaxx thats fully upgraded now and its a blast and I can run several sets of batts back to back without breaking anything. I started to convert it to BL, but just built another one instead. Been looking at that BL ERevo too. If it had been available on my B'Day in Oct, I would have one, but we're all still waiting.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Thanks for the help.

Btw, where abouts in Houston are you? My wife and I are near the Beltway and 59.