Wiki Posts
Search

NEW - HPI Brushless Savage Flux

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer
Its good to see the E-Revo has some competition. I've always liked the Savage design better than the Revo/Maxx designs.
revo's blow
Old 12-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickjamminracer
revo's blow
revos blow your truck away!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pre-Order at Amain for 649 and due on the 19th of Jan

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n%20Hobbies%21
Old 12-04-2008, 05:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

When they can make a BL truck thats waterproof and doesn't have a spur spit or driveshaft snap (hello E-Savage) every 5 minutes, I'm in.

Until then it's just another gimmick POS!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifting101
Pre-Order at Amain for 649 and due on the 19th of Jan

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n%20Hobbies%21
So, the 2.4Ghz TQ radio for the BL E-Revo is just 40$ more in comparison to the BL Sav Flux. Lotta radio for cheap!

Gotta admit, a standing backflip is just flat awesome!!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
When they can make a BL truck thats waterproof and doesn't have a spur spit or driveshaft snap (hello E-Savage) every 5 minutes, I'm in.

Until then it's just another gimmick POS!
How can you say that.....
This is'nt even the same truck as the E-Savage or should I say E-Zilla.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default new savage flux brushless

looks like this new savage flux is going to be a nice truck.

hpi didnt skimp out on the drivetrain by having castle creations supply their mamba monster esc and what is basically a neu motor with a green can. hpi can put a flux sticker on the esc but we all know its a mamba . lol

all metal tranny gears and all metal diff gears should make it a durable truck.

as a former savage ss and xl owner and current e-revo brushless owner im going to be picking one of these new savages up for sure.

im curious to see how the new savage flux will hold up on a race track. i dont think it will handle as well as the e-revo out of the box but with some tweaking it can be made into a good race truck.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

man thease new brushless trucks got me whanting another monster truck. im kinda baffled as why hpi went the 14mm wheel hexes? you know they're gonna strip. oh well if i get one im gonna do the hpi 17mm hex kit.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default yippee

ive got 1 on order cant wait ta see it fly out the beach lol
Old 01-19-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Savage Flux

Hey guys, just wanna know if the Savage Flux is competitive enough for racing against the E-Revos. It seems that each article I read about the Savage Flux says its the ultimate BASHING truck... I haven't seen any feedback that it can be used for racing? Just wondering....
Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default racing a savage

Originally Posted by rdumali
Hey guys, just wanna know if the Savage Flux is competitive enough for racing against the E-Revos. It seems that each article I read about the Savage Flux says its the ultimate BASHING truck... I haven't seen any feedback that it can be used for racing? Just wondering....
i have owned and raced both my nitro revo and my savage xl on the track andd in my opinion stock out of the box the savage cant compete with the revo on the track. thats not to say that you cant build a competitive savage racer with all of the hop ups that are available now. i think the new savage flux is a really good starting point to build a decent race truck.

i also have a brushless e-revo that im going to be racing this season . im thinking of buying one of these new savage flux and try it on the track to see how it compares to the revo.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

anyone else notice that the motor is almost compleatly surounded by stuff?? and that the 2 BIG heat components are right next to each other??
Old 01-22-2009, 09:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
anyone else notice that the motor is almost compleatly surounded by stuff?? and that the 2 BIG heat components are right next to each other??
Certainly no good for an Australian climate like that, the motor you'd think would get pretty warm.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Savage was never track machine, it's always been a Basher, and one of the best bashers out there. My Muggy would never take the beating my Savage takes. If I jumped my Muggy as high and as far as my Savage it would fall apart. So I don't think it's a fare comparison to criticize it's track performance when it was never designed to perform on a track. If you want track performance get something else. As you can see I have both, the Revo and a Savage, they both have their purpose, and are both good at what they do. I have the Mamba system on my E-Revo and heat is not an issue, granted they are not ontop of each other in the Flux, but I am pretty sure it won't be an issue. Both components can run very hot, so I am sure they will be fine. It looks like they put all the good upgrades on the Flux, the steel spur, thicker drive shafts, the good diffs, and the wheelie bar. Should be an awesome basher! Think I might have to add one to the fleet... LOL
Old 01-31-2009, 09:35 PM
pmp
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifting101
I would love to see a savy win on a track

A savy is a basher only IMO, revo now thats a racer
I think with a few tweaks the savy flux would be able to beat the e-revo on the track. I know the Savy SS with the right things done cant beat the nitro revo's with out a problem. you just cant compare the two out of the box. you could never jump a revo as high as a savy and expect it to stay in one piece but with some mods it probably could. Just like a savy cant beat a revo out of the box but with the mods to make it track worthy it can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.