Duratrax Warhead RTX 27 is it Good.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duratrax Warhead RTX 27 is it Good.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Duratrax Warhead RTX 27 is it Good.

Hi guys,

I have been planning to buy a MT for general backyard driving, light dirt bashing and parking lot racing. I have just bought a Losi electric Desert truck and love the build quality, specially the 2.4 MHZ radio.

Here is my dillema, I would love to buy a Losi LST2 MT, it comes to around $600 bucks delivered from Amain hobbies (On sale right now) after using their coupons. However I am tight on money. Tower has A Duratrax warhead RTX 27 on sale and it comes to $275 bucks after using their coupon.

Will the Duratrax be ok as far as build quality, features and reliabilty is concerned. I know it is not equal to the Losi but it also costs less than half.

Experienced members please advise, should I buy the Duratrax, or will I be better off in the long run by finding the extra money (can get from my parents) and buying the Losi LST2.

Any input based on your experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nightrunner.

Last edited by Nightrunner; 09-12-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

To be honest just about every car/truck that duratrax makes is junk. I'm sure many will agree. Look at a t-maxx or save your money up for the lst2 it's an excellent truck.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think you're better off waiting and buying a T-Maxx or a Losi LST2.

I own Losi, Traxxas, Associated, Xray and Duratrax products and out of all of them, the Duratrax is the biggest piece of junk I have. It breaks everytime I drive it, well, when I did drive it. It was either the engine or the transmission or the diffs that were breaking, usally the drivetrain. It was an Overdrive ST if you're curious.

I would either wait and save up or borrow the money for your Losi LST2 or a T-Maxx, new or used, would be better then anything Duratrax...
Old 09-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had a duratrax warhead evo for about a month. After fighting duratrax it took about 3 weeks after i got before i could even start it. There roto start systems a complete junk. If u do get make sure to buy a pull start for the motor it will save u alot of time and head aches trust me and as far a tough the truck is build like a savage well more like is weaker little sister. Its will take some hard landings and over all its not a bad truck for the money but the best bang for your buck would the tower terrer m/t rtr. Its got a nice big block and weighs almost nothing. The review in rc car action had nothing bad to say about it. you should look into it. Just my .02
Old 09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Truck_Buster
To be honest just about every car/truck that duratrax makes is junk. I'm sure many will agree. Look at a t-maxx or save your money up for the lst2 it's an excellent truck.
yes one of my friends have one and its a pain in the
ass to get started and just sucks he has nothing but problems
Old 09-15-2008, 04:33 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

dont do it, bite the bullet and get the better truck. must understand that you will be at the 600 mark with that truck sooner than u think. and thats not good nor does it consider labor costs (by a shop or yourself)

R
Old 09-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks everybody,

Your suggestions have been welcome. In addition I did research on my own and compared specs/features of different MT's.

Conclusion is that only the Losi LST2 RTR is worth considering. Even the Losi Aftershock is much stripped (a user on another forum has very nicely compared the two) compared to the LST2, so that has been rejected also.

Most other MT's don't offer good radios or as many features as the LST2.

In fact the LST2 is a bargain after all the things it includes, things that are additional with some of the competing MT's. Also the build quality seems A+, I looked over one at my LHS very carefully.

Have borrowed the additional funds from my parents.

My Dad will order one on his credit card tonight.

I feel real luck to get one, can't wait for it to arrive.

Nightrunner.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I guess my Thunderquake was an oddity. It ran great. Duratrax fixed stuff they shouldn't have fixed. Just sold it too, still runs like a champ.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nightrunner
Thanks everybody,

Your suggestions have been welcome. In addition I did research on my own and compared specs/features of different MT's.

Conclusion is that only the Losi LST2 RTR is worth considering. Even the Losi Aftershock is much stripped (a user on another forum has very nicely compared the two) compared to the LST2, so that has been rejected also.

Most other MT's don't offer good radios or as many features as the LST2.

In fact the LST2 is a bargain after all the things it includes, things that are additional with some of the competing MT's. Also the build quality seems A+, I looked over one at my LHS very carefully.

Have borrowed the additional funds from my parents.

My Dad will order one on his credit card tonight.

I feel real luck to get one, can't wait for it to arrive.

Nightrunner.

Good to hear you got the Losi ordered! I'm sure you'll be alot happier with that then the other option, even though it did cost alittle more.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Nice ! You're gonna love it ! The LST2 is at the top of the MT food chain IMO . I myself have converted a couple REVO drivers too the LST2 after they saw mine running on a track .

Take your time breaking the motor in and it will last a long time for you .
Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Nice ! You're gonna love it ! The LST2 is at the top of the MT food chain IMO . I myself have converted a couple REVO drivers too the LST2 after they saw mine running on a track .

Take your time breaking the motor in and it will last a long time for you .
Have you seen who has been winning the races? REVO hands down. LST2 equals big fat slow lumbering pigs.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Adam drake can drive the lst2 to victory all the time. revo can't even be compared its more of a truggy...
Old 09-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akrider907
Adam drake can drive the lst2 to victory all the time. revo can't even be compared its more of a truggy...
You know what I hear when I read your post blah blah blah I really wish the revo wasnt beating the crap out of all the comp. Blah blah blah mommy the bad man is making fun of my car. Dude get off my nuts. The stats speak the truth. Argue that. But if you could scratch a little to the left my testies itch.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:21 PM

Exclamation don't diss a warhead until you swap the crappy supertiger engine

I bought a warheaad evo it ran ok for a year, then the engine grenaded.
So I put in an Axial .28sNow she smokes can keep up with a revo no problem, as far as being tough?my buddy had to replace more stuff on his revo like plastic drives control arms x2 all steel with cv's on the warHead so don't knock, or unless your sour about spening $$$$$ on something that gets smoked by$$ later!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TROLL
lets not dig up 3 month old threads k?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.