E-Revo Conversion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Revo Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

im in a predicament. i have the money to get a mamba max, twim 2s lipo to make 4s total(so i can use them in other trucks too) and a GP Ammo 36-56-1800(feigao 8-9L comparison). but i already have my vxl system which is balls to the wall in an e-maxx. insanely fast and tons of torque. should i go for the ammo/mamba or should i try my vxl out first?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi! I'm going to convert my Revo into brushless i've already got the motor (Feigao 6XL) and i've ordered a 4s lipo 5000 and Mamba Monster Max.
My question is about the MMM. I have placed my order on wait for the moment because the guy from Bishop Power Products told me that Castle Creations were making a MMM version 3. Should i wait for MMM V3 or should i just go for the MMM V2?? Please inform me so i can order. Thank you very much for helping me.
Cyrus
Old 10-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default re e-revo conversion

although the traxxas velineon system is a very fast setup its meant for smaller lighter trucks like the stampede, jato etc. putting it in a much heavier truck like the e-revo would probably make it overheat and eventually fail. even traxxas doesnt recommend putting the velinieon systerm in a revo or e-revo .

your much better off going with the mamba monster max esc and a good brushless motor like a neu or a feigao .

as far as waiting for the version 3 of the mmm id just buy the version 2 and then you can update to the new firmware found on the v3 anyways through your castle link program.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Im actually running a MM wit ha Mega ACn22/30/1 with the 5mm shaft. Its pretty insane. I am going to be getting the MMM soon but need to get new batteries first... I ran the velineon in my e-maxx for a while on 3s and it pushed it absolutely fine. never thermaled it. But I am sure it couldnt push my revo which weighs more now and is running a clutch.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

There is more than just firmware diff between v2 and v3 MMM. The case is new and they changed some parts on the brainboard. Castle has implied that most of the failures of v1 and v2 should be fixed with the new firmware release.

I bought a v2 and I'm just going to send it back for a v3. The case on the v2 needs modding where the wires for switch enter - case rubs thru wires and they can short out and the inside base of the case rubs the bottom of the board eventually causing probs and internal BEC has continued to be a prob with v2. I would wait.

The 6XL (and 7XL) have a rep for running hot so with better cooling on the MMM thats the one I'd go with too.