Community
Wiki Posts
Search

newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default newbie questions

i am a new owner of a LST2. I have some questions. first has anyone else had any problems with the stock glow ignitor? mine will not start with the ignitor it came with. i had to use a buddies with 2 D's in it to get it started. once warm mine works well. is this normal? secondly what is works well for cleaning? I need something to clean the dust and dirt off of it. we run it in lots of places with lots of dust. my friends clean theirs with either brake cleaner or carb cleaner then blow it off but they say it takes the paint off of almost every part of the truck and i dont want that. just want it clean. is it necessary to oil both parts of the foam air cleaner or just the outer one? i only oiled the outer one and run it in a really really dusty area and almost nothing got through. I did clean the outer one after each tank of fuel or sooner to keep it clean. what are some spare parts that will come in handy? i broke a stearing knuckle yesterday and just want to know what else might be handy to have just in case. i would like to know because i can order them online cheaper online than in the local hobby store but it'll take longer to get. has anyone thought of adding any color to their fuel if it is clear? we run nitrotane (spelling?) and its hard to see how full the fuel tank is. we were wondering if a couple drops of food coloring or something added just to add a slight tint to the fuel would hurt the engines. i know this is alot and im sure i'll have more so thanks ahead for any info!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Stock ignitor blows, get a rechargable

Compressor+Metho =

ALWAYS oil the inside one, and the outer one if in a dusty area, only oil the inner one in a std/not too dusty area.

Front upper arms and bearings

Dont do it, if you really wish to add some Nitro Speed Scent (which is coloured) which will colour your fuel and also make it smeel good

Good luck, hope this helps