Wiki Posts
Search

gear ratios revo,3.3 need some help deciding

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default gear ratios revo,3.3 need some help deciding

I know the revo comes with a 15/38 spur/bell combo and I NEED way more launch from this thing. I have done a few things so far to help lighten the load but I still can't get it to take off like it needs to when coming out of a corner. I need almost buggy like performance if at all possible with the 3.3 trx motor.

I am thinking of going with the RRP 14/40 combo to try and get this thing to rocket out of the corners.

So far I have done a FOC, alum pushrods, close ratio gears, tasis pipe, alum f/r shock mounts.

Future mods are going to be ROTO start for sure, tekno rx box, throttle servo mount, batt box, extended rear a arms, larger fuel tank, center diff/rear brake kit, alum turnbuckles, titanium hinge pins, steel cvd's, single steering servo, alum rocker posts. Only as money permits.

By the time I get that far into It am not sure if the 40/14 combo is going to actually be the best option. I hate to spend the money on something that I am really not going to need to reach my final goals ya know.

Right now I am noticing a slight bit of hesitation on initial take offs and it doesn’t seem to spool up as fast as I would like it to. Don’t get me wrong it is fast, will tear up a stocker, but it still isn’t quick enough on launches.

I guess something else that might need to be answered, is it going to be possible to obtain that buggy take off and spool with a revo

BTW this is the track that I am running on most of the time,

http://www.radiocontrolledchaos.com/...s/track_photos

650 feet long
On site power
On site water for wetting track
AMBrc3 lap timing system
JLap Race Manager
Old 07-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

for that track the 14 40 combo is way to low of a gear
leep the 15/38 and put the close ratio gear transmission
You could try geting a trinity or resinator pipe, and the center diff. would help
and the only way to get buggy like acceleration u would need a big block motor but then u would start have drive train problems.

thats just my opinion

-joe