Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carb settings???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Carb settings???

I finally got my Maximum MT running!!!! If i trim the throttle on the radio all the way up, where the carb is about half open (maybe more) it'll crank right up. Then i have to trim it back down to an idle. If i trim it too much, it goes dead. If i put on the brakes, it goes dead. If i punch the gas, the Torq .16 engine speeds up without a problem although the truck doesn't even go that much faster (could be the slipper cluch??). I've got the high speed needle set 1 1/2 turns out from fully closed. Could this be the problem?? I would appreciate any help from u carb experts out there!!
Old 04-04-2003, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

You're a bit on the lean side according to the manual - http://www.duratrax.com/pdf/dtxc0064-manual.pdf. It should be closer to 2.5 turns out once broken in.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Low idle maybe?
Old 04-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks alot guys. It's running now, but 1 1/2 turns out. Your right, according to the manual that's lean, but that's the only way i can get it to run right.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default check your linkage settings

well i've got an st with the torq .12 and it runs great. i don't remember my settings but all i know is when i do run it some gas does spew out when it idles so i know i'm good. i myself try to stay away from the idle screw unless i'm stumped cause that's the needle that throws everything off if you ask me. i'd check the linkage settings cause if they're off then you're engine will run horrible. it'll also stall if you apply the brakes. i hope this helps you out. later, steve