Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
How to prevent roll overs? >

How to prevent roll overs?

How to prevent roll overs?

Old 04-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred30
Fellas, you have my thanks on this one. I've been searching, reading your posts and have a great baseline to start with.

One question though on the offset wheels. Is this a spacer of some sort to use with my existing wheels or is this a set of offset wheels period? A link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
no, you cant really do that. you'll strip your hexes.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

here are the pro-line adapters. the second a page of some wheels. any of them that are for 23mm HD will work
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2835

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...sort/2a/page/2
Old 04-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Coolness! Thanks for the links, guys.

Instead of modifying the existing tires, I was going to grab a set of the HPI Dirt Bonz and I know they'll be ok in the dirt obviously, but will they wear prematurely on asphalt? We definitely do a lot of dirt and asphalt driving.

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Tech Initiate

There are a number of ways you c an lower your savage, you can fit limmiters inside your shocks. If you pull tour shocks apart and fit a peice of fuel tubing on the shock shaft and then refit the shaftthis will shorten the length of the shock. Another alternative method is to fit shorter shocks, I run CEN Genisis piggyback shocks, they are shorter than stock, but a lot bigger in diameter. I have about 1'' ground clearance with these shocks. I still have the odd rollover, but that's the nature of trucks. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred30
Coolness! Thanks for the links, guys.

Instead of modifying the existing tires, I was going to grab a set of the HPI Dirt Bonz and I know they'll be ok in the dirt obviously, but will they wear prematurely on asphalt? We definitely do a lot of dirt and asphalt driving.

Thanks!
I have the Dirtbonz S compound. and believe it or not, they havent worn from all the asphalt driving ive done in the year ive used them. just a little wear along the edges...im not sure about the newer XS compound though.

they were on a Savage 25 with a Picco 26.

those were my favorite tires but the truck has Nubz on it now.