Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about MT's

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

+1 here for the REVO.
good truck design, easy to run/maintain...
i don't race my truck, for bashing, totally awesome...
Old 03-30-2007, 03:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi I am New to the forum and also am thinking about getting a Revo 3.3 or an MGT. My Local Hobbie shop Has both of them in stock and to answer your question about size the MGT looks bigger. I Like the Revo and The MGT but Have never done Nitro MT's or otherwise but I own a T4 and B4. My Application would be bashing paln on getting one or the other and am going to be bashing alot so already planning to get RPM Arms all around but can't decide on which to get please help me out also thanks.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jdog123
Hi I am New to the forum and also am thinking about getting a Revo 3.3 or an MGT. My Local Hobbie shop Has both of them in stock and to answer your question about size the MGT looks bigger. I Like the Revo and The MGT but Have never done Nitro MT's or otherwise but I own a T4 and B4. My Application would be bashing paln on getting one or the other and am going to be bashing alot so already planning to get RPM Arms all around but can't decide on which to get please help me out also thanks.
For bashing the MGT is rock solid. Better radio gear too.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for that I will take that into consideration. But I wanna go Fast to so How is the top speed in the mgt?
Old 03-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

It's plenty fast for a big truck. And you can make it faster when you get the hang of it. Don't get me wrong the Revo is very fast too and not a bad basher, it makes a damn good racer but it's a pain to work on and the radio is way inferior. My revo and the one's at that track have problems on a regular basis. If you want a fast, easy to work on, with top notch radio you might consider the LST/2.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

No Losi and MGT support, so I ended up with a Savage X and a 3-speed transmission shortly after. Locally, parts support for the Savage is overwhelming.

It's not the easiest MT to work on, but the fit and finish of the truck overall is great.

Thanks for all the great information!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

MGT isnt geared right from factory for top speed, just add a larger clutchbell and its plenty fast. the .21 in the original MGT was actually quite peppy and a good small track performer.