need some suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need some suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Initiate

I HAVE A X AND THE TRUCK IS EASY TO WORK ON 8 SCREWS TO GET TO THE DIFF I ALSO HAVE A REVO THAT I RACE WITH THE REVO IS NOT AS EASY TO WORK ON WHAT EVER YOU BUY MAKE SURE YOU CON GET PARTS EASY I STARTED WITH A XXXT GREAT TRUCK MY 5YEAR OLD BOY NOW DRIVES IT I HAVE MOVED TO A MF2 I DID RACE THE X LAST YEAR SO IF YOU DO GET IN TO RACEING YOU CAN DRIVE THAT TRUCK

STEVE IN KC
Old 01-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

you mentioned a XXX-T, your not going to be able to drive in the grass with that with much fun and unless you already have decent batts and charger you will exceed your limit.

what is it you didnt like about the looks of the MGT? Never heard that one before. I know I could have the electronics and engine out of mine in about 60 seconds and start cleaning it down with simple green after a day at the race track.

My MGT I had:

My LST2 I currently have:

My Savage I used to have:

My CRT Pro I currently have:

I had a revo too, completely modded for racing, I hated that truck so much I refused to take a picture of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reptilesnr/c
buddy of mine still thinks that the savage is i real big pain in the rump to work on so i don't know still. I would like the XXX-T but like the last post said they are more racing. But im not really going to bash hard core with it. I just don't wanna cost of racing a revo because i never have raced is it fun to race stadium electric?
The smaller the engine, the more cranky they can be. Multiply in how highly tuned the engine is and it gives you some idea of how demanding it's going to be for the end user. If the end user has alot of experience, than this shouldn't be a problem. The old 2.5 engine wasn't an easy engine to tune, so don't be dis-heartened. The chances are that the engine over-heated with you at some point, and that being the case, they never run right again afterwards.

The Savage isn't hard to work on, as it has a very modular design. However, diff access is labourious. With the Savage X and it's revised mouldings, it's much easier to remove the diffs. That being said, once you've settled on what weight diff oil you're going to use, the diffs will only need very occassional maintenance anyway. The Nitro Star engines are very easy to live with.

Basically, you're spoilt for choice. If you just want to mess about, MT's are good fun and you can use them on rough ground. You can also race them against other MT's. It's good fun. They pull wheelies and have lots of suspenion movement.

If your local clubs are racing MT's and Truggies together, than it's not much fun being the only MT in the heat. Truggies are stable and corner more aggresively than MT's, having a lower CoG.

Savage X, LST2, Jammin X1CRT, Hellfire etc look like your best bet if you want to stick with Nitro.

Hopefully, the pictures above have hit your MT sweet-spot!! It makes me want to rush out and get an LST2 to add to the fleet!!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok have a question then about the Savage X and the LST2 i have the mini lst and i already know how the chassis are made on them so would it be better to go with another lst or save up and get the LST2 but it's going to be hard to get the LST parts i would have to order them at my LHS because they don't carry them. Savage parts they carry, also my friend just gave me a MX-3 Airtronics Radio but no reciever can i still buy the missing part or should i just not even waste the money? P.S . the MGT is ok but i can't get parts at the shop like i said about the LST's and i just haven't really looked at that much, how are the radios on the MGT?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Having a local store that supports your choice in kit is always a bonus for both you and your LHS. However, I personally wouldn't limit yourself to choosing only what your LHS tends to stock. LHS vary considerably and the internet is your friend - just don't forget your LHS is there and support them when you can.

Radios on most RTRs are pretty poor. They're usually AM and at best, marginal for nitro use. Not so with LST and LST2 trucks - they come with reasonably decent radio, so if you don't already own a decent set, it's worth noting.

TBH, it all depends on your budget.

You can buy receivers (Rx) seperately, or as part of a combo with the Transmitter (Tx). Complete sets normally come with the Tx, Rx, 2 or more servos, a battery box (that holds 4 AA cells) and a switch harness, often with a charging lead.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

with the internet being your friend, parts selection at your local shop shouldnt be an issue. My LHS doesnt carry anything I ever need.

an MGT doesnt break much, at least mine didnt.

only thing ive broke on my LST2 is an upper arm and steering knuckle, both have been uprgraded since then.

LST2 is much much much better than LST1. you can slowly upgrade the LST1 to LST2 status if you dont want to fork out the coin initially. Plus, there are chop shops on ebay parting out new trucks that make it easy to do.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I LIKE LOSI I AM THINKING ABOUT BUYING BUGGY OR ATRUGGY LOSI HAS THEM 20 MM HEX SO IF WANT TO BARROW TIRES THEY HAVE TO BE 20 MM X COMES WITH 17 &14 HEX AND 90%OF THE GAS TRUCK ARE REVO
Old 01-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok so i should just get what i want instead of worring about if the LHS has the parts or not. Ok what should i do about the nice MX-3 radio that i have i'll need the crystal for the reciever and the reciever. Is it worth getting them or not? Plus i'll have to buy servos also. So should i go with the LST or LST or the Savage X

Last edited by reptilesnr/c; 01-15-2007 at 08:40 PM.