Wiki Posts
Search

negative about revo

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by BigDaddy66
That's the only way I would get another one. Like I said, kit form would be GREAT!!
true...BUT....my buddy just bought the new 3.3 RTR and sold the following off it
rims
radio gear
servos
plastic boxes
tank
battery
hubs
arms
pipe

all that and made enough to buy half the hop ups he needed to make it a racer so all in all not bad....
Old 07-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

dam i wish you would have told me that before he sold it cause i would have bought some of it to have for extras lol. what all did he get to make a racer. like wing and mount and new pipe and stuff like that?

Kory
Old 07-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by REVO MAN
dam i wish you would have told me that before he sold it cause i would have bought some of it to have for extras lol. what all did he get to make a racer. like wing and mount and new pipe and stuff like that?

Kory
man we bought all kinds of stuff for our revos we tried to make them as light as possible to see how they reacted.

we have
rpm front arms and hubs
frog leg rear arms
ext chassis
single servo set up
rpm reciever box
jammin CRT fuel tank
resonator pipe
3.3 trx motor
center diff/rear brakes
hard ano shocks

and various little bits and pieces a lot of little stuff for strength or durability.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i traded for a revo a while back and didn't like it..it had the 2.5r...i traded for another revo ..it was a roller and i ended up putting a picco .26 in it..it changed my attitude towards revos after that..now i got another through trade..lol.. and it has extended chassis and foc and an os.18tm..i swapped my .26 to that and the stability is unbelievable..anyway..lol..traxxas engines are crap to me..i had a t-maxx and it was so hard to tune..traded it..came across another cheap one for my son..the engine became crap..yes i know how to tune..been into nitro for several years now.. that's the only engines i really had issues with.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

i have tuned a 2.5 and they are a PITA the 2.5r was better for me and the 3.3 has been an absolute breeze,the TM was set it and done no messing with it at all.
bought a TZ but never got to run it, the shaft was wrong so far the 3.3 has been out performing them all.

have you tried the ext. chassis and arms?or the center diff?

when set up it is awesome
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUSTNX
Had my first race with the 3.3 on the weekend, we were in a mixed MT truggy class. Finished first in the MT, even managed to beat one of the truggz.

http://www.taxonline.com.au/BDR/2006...in_Race_1.html

Revo kicks ass.
Wow you beat a tamiya and a thunder tiger. Everyone else looked like they were having truck troubles.

In a race against 3 other people I gurantee I would place at least 3rd or better too.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Wow you beat a tamiya and a thunder tiger. Everyone else looked like they were having truck troubles.

In a race against 3 other people I gurantee I would place at least 3rd or better too.

damn....nice man would you like a puppy to kick also?
Old 07-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you made sense , you might get a reply.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

The engine causes problems, they break axles, and they go lean when turning to the left, that's what happens at my track weekly.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2DMaxLST
The engine causes problems, they break axles, and they go lean when turning to the left, that's what happens at my track weekly.
never seen an axle break,and the stock tank was the first to hit the scrap pile

as for engine causing problems i havent seen that either
Old 07-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

I race with a guy who is second in the Texas state RC-PRO series, Traxxas is in Texas..., that's what I see and I pit with him. He is running 23mm hexes. He is looking to swapping tanks and his engine has been back to Traxxas for replacement once. These are the facts as I know them. If I push him in a qual he will break a axle, he has broken 3 so far.

I run the stock tank and axles, drive shafts, wheels on my LST. The Revo needs to replace all of these.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

He mentioned getting a HellFire tank and RDL 8mm axles like the LST.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2DMaxLST
I race with a guy who is second in the Texas state RC-PRO series, Traxxas is in Texas..., that's what I see and I pit with him. He is running 23mm hexes. He is looking to swapping tanks and his engine has been back to Traxxas for replacement once. These are the facts as I know them. If I push him in a qual he will break a axle, he has broken 3 so far.

I run the stock tank and axles, drive shafts, wheels on my LST. The Revo needs to replace all of these.
not denying it just havent seen any of that at our track.....i didnt like the stress the prolines put on the axles so im running the DACE MFG ones now.

didnt break an axle with the others though,yeah ive been hearing about tank issues for awhile was gonna go with the MBX5 tank but the CRT is cheaper and holds more fuel...and you can flip the lid around on it
Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

He's very dangerous to me now, when he gets those items straightened out I will have to improve my game, a lot.......

You can literally hear a stock 3.3 go lean on a hard left.........
Old 07-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

its too late to know all of these engine crap of revo... i have already ordered it.....waaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!! i hope there are some soulutions to fix it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.