Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savage X or T-Maxx 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Savage X or T-Maxx 3.3

i own a mt2 and i was want a bigger and better truck and i was wondering wich one was better the savage x or the t-maxx 3.3?
help me plz
Old 07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the Savage X. if it was Revo 3.3 then id have more questions but T-maxx vs Savage is a wash out. Savage wins in every category except top end. but youll never get the 3.3 tuned good enough (if you make it through break-in) to run its best.

the Savage X has a MUCH MUCH MUCH better engine. the 3.3 is as bad as the 2.5.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dracy69
the Savage X. if it was Revo 3.3 then id have more questions but T-maxx vs Savage is a wash out. Savage wins in every category except top end. but youll never get the 3.3 tuned good enough (if you make it through break-in) to run its best.

the Savage X has a MUCH MUCH MUCH better engine. the 3.3 is as bad as the 2.5.

yeh i wouldnt trust the 3.3......if ur comparing the 3.3 and the X from julys RCCA...ur wrong....the 3.3 won by 3 points and that was a scam....its pretty obvious that the traxxas truck will win.....srsly.....the X lost because it didnt have a wheelie bar...the 3.3 wheelie bar is small and flimsy...the hpi wheelie bar is high tech and can withstand ANYTHING u throw at it.....mine just keeps on going n going n going after 7 months of hard bashing
Old 07-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

neither of u guys probebly never even had a traxxas motor or truck
the three point three is great motor
and at least the t-maxx can go faster than 29 MPH
the savages are bashers only
the t-maxx is a basher a racer
Old 07-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PeeWee1234
i own a mt2 and i was want a bigger and better truck and i was wondering wich one was better the savage x or the t-maxx 3.3?
help me plz
Depends on what you plan on doing with it. If you plan on just bashing...get the Savage.

Did you see what I wrote dracy69!?

LST2 rules! Haha. Phew...back to normal.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the t-maxx is more well suited for racing at the track, but the savage is best at looking mean, and for bashing. the 3.3 does give decent power, but i dont think it lasts as long as other nice engines. i have gone through 2 gallons, and now the engine is a pain to get working. if you do plan to race a t-maxx, get a nice OS engine. those will last.

i had a savage once upon a time... i liked it, but (real) cars did not... CRUNCH!!! and that was the end of mine... lol. the only part left was a wheel, 5 shocks, and screws. how did it get run over? the truck fliped over! and was helpless in dodging the... dodge truck. lol. that is one of the only problems with it, which i believe the t-maxx is better for racing. never fliped it turning.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
yeh i wouldnt trust the 3.3......if ur comparing the 3.3 and the X from julys RCCA...ur wrong....the 3.3 won by 3 points and that was a scam....its pretty obvious that the traxxas truck will win.....srsly.....the X lost because it didnt have a wheelie bar...the 3.3 wheelie bar is small and flimsy...the hpi wheelie bar is high tech and can withstand ANYTHING u throw at it.....mine just keeps on going n going n going after 7 months of hard bashing
like you would know
Old 07-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

savage all the way... i HATE maxxes with a passion... and the 2.5s sucked magor... the 3.3s have more power but the savage has more muscle!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCjunky22
neither of u guys probebly never even had a traxxas motor or truck
the three point three is great motor
and at least the t-maxx can go faster than 29 MPH
the savages are bashers only
the t-maxx is a basher a racer
ive always worked with my cousins pro 15 maxx (the only good trx engine) and ive always been around 2.5 t-maxx's. they suck. trx engine's are the worst engine's of all time. they are very unreliable and very difficult to tune. dont make good power unless they are overheating. then they just die after the 5th gallon. well thats only the case if the engine surviv'es break-in. about half of the 3.3's out there havent. and still have tuning and overheating problems.

the t-maxx is not a good basher, or a good racer. R/C Car Action actually rated the Savage X better at racing then the Maxx 3.3. and those guys practicaly suck Traxxas's d***. the Savage is the best basher and if you know what your doing can be good at racing. you just need a few critical upgrade's.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

The Savage IMHO,Its just a killer truck and can be raced/bashed whatever you want
Old 07-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Well I couldnt leave this one alone. I own both trucks. The Savage sucks on the track, because they dont handle that well. First off, they are too top heavy. Second, they really just weigh too much period. Anybody that has ever raced a savage knows how bad they push in the turns on a dryslick track. The T-maxx isnt that great either, but with some decent servos, they will still handle better that the savage. So if you are basing get the Savage. If you plan to go to the track and run, I would get the Revo, or the T-maxx. If you really want to spend some money, go and get one of those fancy truggies, or the LST2. You get what you pay for.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The tmaxx is not very durable. My son hit me head on with a revo and it cleaned the front end right off the tmaxx while the revo suffered 1 bent pushrod. The savage on the otherhand is one of the most durabke trucks out there. It can take a beating, just dont like to work on them though. Savages handle like crap too. I have has almost all the monster trucks and have sold all of them except for my lst1 that is converted to a lst2. It is durable and actulayy handles very well despite its size. The engine will hold a tune, unlike any traxxas engine i have owned and i owned the 3.5 and 3.3's. The revo's just didnt have enough power for me, i like the grunt of the big blocks. I guess if you upgrade the motor on the revo it would be better but i dont know if the drive train would handle it.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Well, I guess the owner of this thread decided that he won't be buying either a Savage X or a T-Maxx. Never did he replied back after he first posted his question.

It's one thing that you are a newbie or a veteran of this hobby asking for insights and opinion and being appreciative of all the answers you will be getting in this forum.

But it is a different thing when you posted a "THIS VS THAT" thread and leave. Checking it out every now and then to see if flaming wars started and the thread is getting out of control.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for all the replies i have had other things to do and i couldint read them that often. but thanks for the help