Wiki Posts
Search

Twin Speedies for an E maxx

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 07:29 PM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do you know exactly why it was as slow as christmas, was it the elctrical setup u were using the esc's or what other factor?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Jaybeedee- I agree on you on that one, if budget can allow go for evx or the new HV maxx, that if your lukin for speed. Used to have An emx and e-zilla aswell. Rite know I run my twinforce with just a low cost LRP plus Runner and bolted a typeS motor, with the stock pinion(18T) I may say it runs faster that a modified Clod or TXT etc. Can you hit me bak regarding your twin force?
Old 07-16-2006, 06:21 AM
DJB
Tech Regular

whats the HV maxx speedie is it any good??
Old 07-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If the speedo is still in the truck but just fried, check the Traxxas site. They repiar for a flat fee of $15 plus $5 shipping here in the US. Your shipping would obviously be different, but still a lot less than a new speedo. They also have onfo on motor turn limits, etc. If you're going to stay with brushed motors and have to buy a new speedo, just get the new Traxxas one. It's made by Novak, same as the EVX I believe. If you go brushless you won't need more than one motor.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DJB
whats the HV maxx speedie is it any good??
HV maxx is a brushless ESC of novak. The novak Super Duty XR is for brushed motor and can handle 2 motors and 14.4V of juice.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/index.html
Old 07-16-2006, 11:22 PM
DJB
Tech Regular

thanks thats what i needed to know

the HV can be wired to take dual battery packs and thats awesome, a mod i cant wait to do.

In the mean time i emailed traxxas and they said as you said 15 dollar fixing fee plus since im an international customer 25 dollars shipping and also you have to insure it for 180.00 err what lol

Also, they talk about about charging you, but where do u pay, do they send you a bill and you fix it up later? or can you direct debit traxxas or send a postal money order? what would be best
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

DJB, I think it is more hassle free if you buy a new one.

You have to consider those shipping charges and custom duties. But if it is still under warranty, thats different. For international, they are requiring credit card info when you mail them the product for servicing. You can download their form on their website (traxxas.com). But, personally, mailing card info is very risky.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

DJB, I'd definitely look into the shipping costs. I traded trucks once with a guy in Canada, PAID IN FULL here to ship it to him. When it got to Canada there was something like $42 in fees added to it by their customs and shipping people. I forget the whole deal now, I ended up splitting the fees with him. But yeah, look on the Traxxas website. I only know all this b/c I have a used E-maxx on the way to me and it has a fried speedo, LOL. But I'm in Houston and they're in Dallas so it's a no-brainer for me. If the fried speedo is an EVX it can cost more, but they still cap it at $40.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:15 AM
DJB
Tech Regular

Thanks heaps for both your input, my models esc was actually swapped with another and i got left with the dud one and the truck in perfect nick, so im still unsure whether to send it or not. I think ill ring and get the price direct. thanks for you help.....

On a bit of a different note, what mods do you emaxx guys have out there to get land record straight line speed..... ok the obvious brushless donks or very low turn brushed motors, but as far as drivetrain and other bits and pieces go what would be best??

I've seen the steel diffs and they look cool and hit the wallet a bit, but i assume they would hold up to brushless a bit better, what about say the u joints or the drive shafts??

and the arms and things like that, the aluminium upgrades would obviosuly be heavier but would there be any harder type plastic ones on the market?? Post whatever pictures you have of your trucks too that would be mad if you have some awesome bits and pieces on them

ive heard of a truck crackin 67 km/h here and that was 2 years ago, i cant wait to see what sort of speeds u guys are getting
Old 07-18-2006, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DJB
Thanks heaps for both your input, my models esc was actually swapped with another and i got left with the dud one and the truck in perfect nick, so im still unsure whether to send it or not. I think ill ring and get the price direct. thanks for you help.....

On a bit of a different note, what mods do you emaxx guys have out there to get land record straight line speed..... ok the obvious brushless donks or very low turn brushed motors, but as far as drivetrain and other bits and pieces go what would be best??

I've seen the steel diffs and they look cool and hit the wallet a bit, but i assume they would hold up to brushless a bit better, what about say the u joints or the drive shafts??

and the arms and things like that, the aluminium upgrades would obviosuly be heavier but would there be any harder type plastic ones on the market?? Post whatever pictures you have of your trucks too that would be mad if you have some awesome bits and pieces on them

ive heard of a truck crackin 67 km/h here and that was 2 years ago, i cant wait to see what sort of speeds u guys are getting
thats only like 30mph or sumthing.....not very slow...with brushless u can prolly go like 40-50mph max...
Old 07-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

First off, 67 kph is 40 mph. Second, top speed is primarily a function of gear ratio and the RPM your motor will spin. Bigger pinion/smaller spur + more top speed, but it's harder on the motor and batteries and acceleration will suffer. Lower wind motors like you said. Friction is the other force that comes into play. Make sure your bearings, etc. are in good shape and nothing is binding so the motors don't have to work to overcome drag. Where did you see the metal diff cases? I've been toying with the idea of building a dual brushless Maxx, but that will take some serious drivetrain reworking.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Got interrupted and had to do some real work before I finished. The other thing that will make a big difference in top speed and everything else are batteries. Buy batteries with good voltage and low internal resistance. Buy good matched cells.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Speed For the Emaxx

How is the best way to build more speed from the RTR EMaxx!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Use 7 cell and put bigger pinions (or smaller spur). Then use road rage street tires, regular maxx tire size. Check if motors or ESC is heating too much. YOu might be overgeared if ever. Install heat sinks and the optional motor mount.

If you have the extra dough, buy the trinity mod motors.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

On my Emaxx I am running the HV Maxx system from novak and the truck is pretty quick. The acceleration is amazing! I was running it with Orion 4800 lipos until I lost all the transmission parts while moving. I was going to install the lightweight shafts inside the gearbox and put better bearings in it. I also have Powerstroke shocks and aluminum bulkheads and center rails. The truck had decent top speed. I put a Robinson steel T-Maxx 72 tooth spur gear and slippper with an 18 tooth pinion. it was wheelie city anywhere in 2nd gear. I would say it did roughly 35, plus or minus a few mph with the lipos. Just imagine what it would do with the 66 tooth spur gear! I want the new 6.5 HV brushless, and the 66 tooth Robinson slipper and spur so it isn't so out of control (20 mph wheelies) when it hooks with good tires on the dirt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.