Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Revo Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Revo Official Thread

I bought a revo 1 week ago today. Im very pleased with it. At first i was scared of it blowing up, the rod snapping or something else happening to it. but its had around 25 tanks through it and still going strong so i think its going to live a good life. All you Revo 3.3 owners check in here. Ill keep this first post updated with any good tech info that gets posted throughout the thread. I will start off with a Lightweight Revo 2.5R/3.3 thread ive made on another board that i used to be on but it got infested with terrible members. I would like to share it with you all. I dont know what the rule is on posting links to places like tower but if it breaks any rules LMK and ill edit it. Here you all go and i hope this thread takes off.

Originally Posted by thread
Chassis

Vantage Racing Carbon Fiber Revo Chassis
This will save weight dramatically because this chassis is half the weight of the stock chassis.

Vantage Racing Carbon Fiber Revo Chassis----VANRECFCA001---$89.99

Bumpers:

RPM Tubular Bumpers
These are Stonger and lighter than stock. They are made out of a special blend of nylons. They come in a variety of colors and carry a lifetime warranty.

Front
RPM Black Revo Front Tubular Bumper---------------80452----------$8.59
RPM Chrome Revo Front Tubular Bumper--------------80453----------$9.99
RPM Blue Revo Front Tubular Bumper----------------80455----------$8.59
RPM Dyeable Silver Revo Front Tubular Bumper------80456----------$8.59
REAR
RPM Black Revo Rear Tubular Bumper----------------80482----------$8.59
RPM Chrome Revo Rear Tubular Bumper---------------8048----------$9.99
RPM Blue Revo Rear Tubular Bumper-----------------80485----------$8.59
RPM Dyeable Silver Revo Rear Tubular Bumper-------80486----------$8.59

Body Mount Posts

Roll Bar

New Era Roll Cage

Suspension

RPM A-Arms for Revo
These dont reduce weight but they are stronger than the stock a arms from what i hear. They are available in Black, Blue or Dyable White. Its better to get plastic A-Arms over metal ones because you want to have some weakpoints so when your bashing they will give out. If you have metal ones they wont give at all and cause more damage. Metal A-Arms also add weight to the truck.

RPM Black Left Front Revo A Arms---------------------80222-------$13.79
RPM Black Right Front Revo A Arms--------------------80212-------$13.79
RPM Black Rear Revo A Arms---------------------------80192-------$11.99
RPM White Left Front Revo A Arms---------------------80221-------$13.79
RPM White Right Front Revo A Arms--------------------80211-------$13.79
RPM White Rear Revo A Arms---------------------------80191-------$11.99
RPM Blue Left Front Revo A Arms----------------------80225-------$13.79
RPM Blue Right Front Revo A Arms---------------------80215-------$13.79
RPM Blue Rear Revo A Arms----------------------------80195-------$11.99

Traxxas Extended Wheelbase A-Arms
Traxxas Extended Wheelbase Suspension Arms-------5333R----------$13.99

Aerosticks
These are carbon replacements for the following. These are likely just as strong as the metal ones if no stronger, but they are alot less weight.
For Revo Turnbuckles, LT, & Progressive 1,2,3 pushrods go here.

Radio System

Rx Box Elimination & Rx Relocation:

I know people have eliminated the RX box and also relocated them but i have no clue and couldnt find any good information about it. I have just seen a picture of it in a magazine. They didnt have any information about it.

Throttle/Shift Servo Box Elimination:

This Requires Reverse Elimination. Get the part below and you can eliminate your throttle servo box. This saves 2.3 ounces or 38 grams off the weight. This keeps the stock servo location.

Tekno RC Revo Throttle Servo Mount----------TKRC1001-------$8.95

Single Steering Servo Conversion:
By doing this you will eliminate one of the steering servos which will save you some weight. Converting to single steering servo also gives you more steering travel.
The minimum servo that should be used is the Hitec Hs-625MG servo for optimum performance. A servo with more torque will give you better and faster steering. When looking up Servo torque you need to know the following. The stock Rx battery pack is 6v. I highly recomend the Hitec HS-625MG servo because it puts out 95 oz/in of torque, has dual ball bearings, and comes with the servo horn that is needed. When you do this conversion you also may need to dremel some of the servo guard so the servo can make a full sweep. Ill try and get some pics of this because its the exact setup thats on my truck and works great. The Hitec Hs-625MG comes in J or S connector.

Hitec HS-625MG Servo w/ S Connector-----------32625S---------$39.99
Hitec HS-625MG Servo w/ J Connector-----------32625J---------$39.99
Hitec HS-645MG Servo w/ S Connector-----------32645S---------$39.99
Hitec HS-645MG Servo w/ J Connector-----------32645J---------$39.99

Drivetrain

Reverse Elimination:

Eliminating the Reverse saves alot of weight and also removes alot of rotating mass out of the transmission. This all works together in making the truck lighter and making some parts less likely to break

Traxxas Revo Forward Only Conversion Kit----5394X----------$9.13

RD Racing Revo Quick Turn Front Driveshaft
This replaces the stock front driveshaft with a metal one with a one wa bearing in it. This diverts all the brake power to the rear wheels allowing the truck tp whip around much better to exucute turns faster. It also supposedly increases stabability while in the air.

RD Racing Revo Quick Turn Front Driveshaft--REV101---------$69.95

Differentials & Axles
From what ive read the pinion rubs through the stock diff cups on the revo and causes gear mesh issiues with the pinion and ring gear and it ends up shredding the diff. These put a stop to this. Price is for one.

Maximiser Differential Cup------------------2360-----------$34.50

These are the adaptors that are needed for some of the wheels you can get for the Revo 40 Series wheels. Price is for 2.

Pro Line 23mm Heavy Duty Hex Adaptor--------PRO603400------$13.50

Body

Tekno RC Buggy Wing Mount Kit
This mount kit is bolt on and doesnt require any modifying for it to work.

Tekno RC Revo Rear Wing Mount Kit-----------TKRC1003-------$18.95

Engine:

Vantage Racing Revo Carbon Fiber Pipe
This pipe will save you some weight over the stock pipe. It is an exact replica of the stock pipe its just made from Carbon Fiber. Although the money you will spend on this pipe wou might as well get a good metal one unless you want to keept he stock one.

Vantage Racing Revo Carbon Fiber Pipe-------R180C----------$59.79

Trinity Hi-Flo Revo

Trinity Hi-Flo Inline Super Pipe------------TRI35007-------$57.99

Traxxas Resonator Tuned Pipe for Revo COMING SOON!

RD Racing OS .18 TM & OS .18 TZ Rod Spacer
Stops the wear of the rod on the backplate, and lower channel of engine block. Fits all OS .18 TM and TZ engines.
RD Racing OS .18 Piston Rod Spacer----------OS18Spcr-------$5.00

RD Racing OS .18TM & OS .18 TZ Backplate
Aftermarket Backplate for OS .18TM and OS .18 TZ engine. Requires Grinding the crank slightly.
RD Racing OS .18 Blue Backplate-------------BPTMX-Blue-----$22.95

Fuel System

Fuel Tank and Fuel Tank Relocation:
If your having problems with tuning your engine or the engine just wont tune at all then you likely have a leak in your exhaust either at the header, exhaust coupler, or the fuel tank lid is leaking. Test your fuel tank and mae sure its holding pressure because many ppl have ruined the 2.5R because the gas tanks have been known to leak and will blow your engine. If your tank is leaking then just get this lid rebild kit and youll be good to go.

Traxxas Revo Fuel Tank Rebuild Kit----------5376-----------$3.65

I know people have swapped to different fuel tanks and also relocated them but i have no clue and couldnt find any good information about it. I have just seen a picture of it in a magazine. They didnt have any information about it.

Revo 3.3 Hop-Ups for Revo 2.5R
Traxxas Revo 3.3 Extended Chassis
This is the OEM Extended Chassis from Traxxas. its 30mm longer than the 2.5R chassis. You will also need the Front Driveshaft for this to work. You can also use the Option Revo 3.3 Center Differential and Rear Brakes with this chassis.
Traxxas Revo 3.3 Extended Chassis----------------------------------------5322X---------$49.99

Traxxas Revo 3.3 Extended Front Driveshafts for Ext. Chassis
These are the required front driveshafts you need to run the extended chassis.
Traxxas Revo 3.3 Extended Chassis Front Driveshafts----------------5453-----------$4.09

Traxxas Revo 3.3 Steering Linkage Set

Traxxas Revo 3.3 Steering Linkage Set--------------------------------------------------5341--------------------$3.39

Traxxas Revo 3.3 Extended Body
Traxxas Revo 3.3 Extended Clear Body-----------------------------------------------------5312----------$21.99

Traxxas Revo 3.3 Center Diff/Rear Brake Kit
These are all the parts required for the rear brake kit.
Traxxas Revo 3.3 Rear Brake Linkage------------------------------------------------5418----------$4.79
Traxxas Revo 3.3 Rear Brake Kit----------------------------------------------------5417----------$17.49
Traxxas Revo 3.3 Trasmission Case--------------------------------------------------5391X---------$9.29
Traxxas Revo 3.3 Center Differential-----------------------------------------------5414----------$34.99

Traxxas Revo 3.3 Engine Area Chassis Brace
This is the brace that goes around the engine mount. it strengthens the engine mount area from flexing and stripping out cpur gears to to variable gear mesh.
Traxxas Revo 3.3 Chassis Brace-----------------------------------5361--------------$9.29

Traxxas TRX 3.3 .20 Smallblock Engine

Traxxas TRX 3.3 Racing Engine Bumpstart SG Shaft-----------------------------------5404------------$152.99
Traxxas TRX 3.3 Racing Engine Bumpstart Threaded Shaft-----------------------------5406------------$152.99
Traxxas TRX 3.3 Racing Engine Pullstart SG Shaft-----------------------------------5407------------$152.99
Traxxas TRX 3.3 Racing Engine Pullstart Threaded Shaft-----------------------------5409------------$152.99

Traxxas Revo 3.3 Chrome Split Spoke Wheels

Traxxas Revo 3.3 Chrome Split Spoke Wheels (set of 2)-----------------------------------5172X----------$10.19

Misc

RD Racing Revo Starter Box
This is the best starter box for the Revo it fits on it perfectly and makes contact everytime. Its a bit pricey but its worth it.

RD Racing Revo Starter Box Blue-------------REV200-Blue----$129.95
RD Racing Revo Starter Box Black------------REV200-Black---$129.95

This is a work in progress. Ive covered all i can utilizing my sources. I would like you all to help me keep this well rounded. The descriptions are pretty good for new people. If there are any flaws, problems, things that should be added or changed then please let me know and i will update this post so you dont haft to sort through pages and pages of information. I hope this thread takes off and becomes as informative as i want it to be. Thanks
Old 05-27-2006, 12:04 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

already a revo thread,
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56377
Old 03-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HELP!!

ok so I bought a 2.5R revo like six months or so after they came out and did some stuff to it had fun with it, then ran out of money and didn't mess with it for a long time. then a few months ago got some money and dropped a 3.3 into it. since i have gernaded two tranny's, all my drive lines, twisted the spool in the rear end so far it broke, and my front diff clicks when i'm slowing down and turning (its stripped to hell). Now I have put RRP all hardened steel gears in the tranny and am going to put an hardened steel spur gear in it. Is it just me or does everyone else have problems with braking drivelines like i do. and i haven't jumped it once since i've put the 3.3 in it. wanting to know if i should just put some stock drivelines back into it or should I just spend the money and put in the steel constant velocity driveshafts and all the other stuff for that conversion?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I've only broken 1 drive line in the 3 years i've had mine. Only reason it broke was because it was on the throttle when i landed. At least thats what I think broke it.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the only thing ive broke front bulkhead ( hidden brick in feild)

ive run this pretty hard but i clean it after every 1/2 gallon and constantly checking screws and anything thats not right
that is a complete cleaning. i do quick cleans after every run
Old 03-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Stu
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default servo horns

hey guys just wondering if the traxxas servo horns are the same as any other type of servo, or are they completely unique?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yea.... the founder of this site started the revo thread about four years ago... and it was still going
Old 05-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default rear brake

hey all
i have 2.5r and wanna install rear brake kit - i have all the parts 5414, 5416, 5417, 5391x. however, the rear output shaft (5416) necessary for center diff in 2.5r is too short, and also doesnt have hole in it for brake disc.

so, i put original long shaft back in center diff, and now rear driveshaft wont install cause it is now too long

any help would be appreciated - thanks !