Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Racing a nemesis

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Racing a nemesis

Im sorry about posting another new thread, but I searched and couldnt find anything relative.

Well We are doing pretty well on that lx that I first wrote about but now its the same thing with a nemesis 7.7. I want to make it into a race monster truck but I dont how I would put a legal engine into it. Im not so worried about the fuel tank because I run oversized fuel tanks in all my racers unless I run a roar legal race, but as far as getting the weight down to a legal limit and dropping in a .28, Im at a complete loss as to how to do this. Also what type of clutch would I be able to use with this thing. The stock clutch and CB are to big for a regular shaft. I know some people are racing these things so I know it can be done, I just dont know how.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

It may be alot cheaper in the long run to start with a another big block truck, everybody needs 2 trucks anyway....right?
Old 05-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wagonman72
It may be alot cheaper in the long run to start with a another big block truck, everybody needs 2 trucks anyway....right?
Well I already have the nemesis. I also have my mammoth st, and a rc10 gt that needs to be rebuilt, but now I need to get this nemesis legal, not to mention I need to setup this v-one rrr for racing aswell. But does anyone know how I can put a smaller engine on the nemesis?
Old 05-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default .28

Congratulations on your Nemesis. To toss in a .28 it is not as hard as it sounds. I have and race a converted Genesis 46 with the .46. In Ca. it is becoming less of an issue to run the .46 against the .28's. But, in some series races you still must use a .28. CEN is coming out with a motor mount for a .28 that you can plug in. but in the mean time you must buy another .46 mount cut it in half (removing a small section) and drill and retap the mount for .28 foot print. I believe any clutch bell set up can be used. Also you must run smaller 40 series (or smaller) tires for the gearing. Like I said, I dont run the .28 I run the stock .46. But, my teamate William Copely runs a lot of series races and he runs the .28. He has made a lot of modifications to his Truck to run the .28. I suggest that you contact him via the CEN website under "Meet the CEN Rep" or at his email address [email protected] He has done so much to his truck and it is extremely fast. You can also call CEN direct at Customer Service and ask Gabe or Andy they also both run the .28 but with less mods than William. I hope this helps----Billy
Old 05-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

I think Billy is correct, many tracks may not mind you running the .46 give it a shot it's worth a try.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wagonman72
YEP!!! lol

well i dont realy think its worth getting the nemesis race worthy...like .28's n stuff..can u fit in a .32? if ur racing for fun like recreational i reken u can use the .46....
near me theres a track wer its unlimited MT class....they race 4.6 SS savages VS the 2.5 R REVO !...the revos cant keep up unfortunately lol....and its all unlimited...so i can walk in with a .46 conversion in my savage with a supercharger and like 8inch wwheels and they cant realy say anything .... ITS UNLIMITED lol..
Old 05-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeh Ill probably race it the way it is until they some out with that mount(it wont be a problem at the local track). Cutting the mount and all that seems pretty diffficult. I just like having mostly legal parts just incase a pro level race comes around. Actually when we get alittle more organized as a team, the nemesis will be the local level team truck and Ill go with the 3.3 REVO. I get most of my trucks for very cheap anyway since I work in a hobby shop so its rly nothing to get another in a few months.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yungox
Yeh Ill probably race it the way it is until they some out with that mount(it wont be a problem at the local track). Cutting the mount and all that seems pretty diffficult. I just like having mostly legal parts just incase a pro level race comes around. Actually when we get alittle more organized as a team, the nemesis will be the local level team truck and Ill go with the 3.3 REVO. I get most of my trucks for very cheap anyway since I work in a hobby shop so its rly nothing to get another in a few months.

wer bouts r u located? maybe u can get me some shizz for my truck lol
Old 05-25-2006, 03:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

I live in snellville.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yungox
I live in snellville.
lmao
Old 05-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

yungox: running a .46 or a .28 is mainly preference. Properly tuned the .46 is stout. NO, you wont get the top end but the straighaway is only a minor section of the track I will always trade top end for grunt/quickness. Run your your .46. My Teamate William prefers the .28 due to the races he attends I prefer the .46 and do not plan to change it. I do absolutely NO mods to my motor or truck except for tires. I run 40 series Panther Pythons. Shock oil Losi 27.5, 7/50/7 on the diffs, rear toe -3, Front toe -1 (yes toe in) Camber -2 rear, -1 front. If you went to the CEN, you already know that CEN came in 1st and 2nd at the the US Gas Champs in Sun Valley April 28-30, there were plenty of"other" trucks with 28's, 32's etc...and I believe ALL the major brands were represented, but a Nemesis/Genesis was 1st and 2nd the entire race. William ran the .28, I ran the .46. Have fun with your Truck they are a kick. Here are some pics
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/billyl/2638.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...l/DSC_0158.jpg
Old 05-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dont get me wrong, I know the engine puts out. I just wated to have something legal for roar. Also, in those pics which one had the .46?
Old 05-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh no problem, I understand that .28 is the legal size. My truck is the Green one and it has the .46 motor. William has the orange truck and a .28. They are both very fun, William is an an amazing driver/mechanic. Here are some more Pics of Williams truck courtesy of Neo Buggy

Old 05-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

nice paint
Old 06-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Initiate

The Nemesis is a great race truck. I love smashing the smaller trucks on the track when they get in the way! That is the best way to get er done!