Search
Like Tree17Likes

Losi LMT or Traxxas Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default Losi LMT or Traxxas Maxx

Okay guys, looks like the Losi LMT is in and almost everyone believes this is the vehicle to have during Covid-19 for 2020. Would you choose this Losi LMT or the Traxxas Maxx. I know, they are different drive train on them but they pretty much are within the price range and motor size. Your thoughts please.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Far too early to even guess.
performula and Buckland like this.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh man.... that new Losi looks REAL nice!!
Old 11-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm putting my money on that New Losi LMT. When it comes out, bammmm, I'm taking all three version. Too bad it won't be in stock till January unless you pre-order. Just hope Covid don't send me 6 feet under before January.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

The LMT uses "1/8th scale diffs" ... I guess they mean same diffs as those used in 1/8 nitro buggy/truggy? My impression is this truck is heavier than most in 1/10 scale size and looks to be quite robust for a solid axle class.

Also available as a roller. Too bad they don't have it as an unassembled kit version.

Last edited by userst; 11-13-2020 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you like Solid axle Trucks This is the one to have. I have seen and talked to guys who were involved with testing this truck and it is a tank. Powered perfectly and no weak points to speak of out of the box. Sure you can still break it and i am sure things will come up eventually but out of the box you almost cant break this thing.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Can't compare 4 wheel independant to solid axles. Solid axle truck will always handle like like a cinder block on shopping cart casters.
RazorRC likes this.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody01
Can't compare 4 wheel independant to solid axles. Solid axle truck will always handle like like a cinder block on shopping cart casters.
That’s the only drawback. It would have to be super wide and still landing on one side of the axle catapults it to the other side. So major air would have to be calculated. Still the truck looks fun.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Two totally different trucks. Depends on whether you want to SEND it or more about driving it around and having something that looks cool.

The Maxx looks lame compared to the LMT. And I would not want to launch the LMT 20 feet in the air doing double backflips.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I can just see the builds now. 17mm hexes, 1/8 scale diffs & a center diff. Drivetrain should be able to handle more than 3s.

Old 11-15-2020, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

I noticed that the wheels/tires set-up look weird ... the outer rims and tires have the normal monster truckish proportion but the inner side look like a low profile tire with a larger diameter rim. Probably to clear the steering knuckles?
angrymelon likes this.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by userst
I noticed that the wheels/tires set-up look weird ... the outer rims and tires have the normal monster truckish proportion but the inner side look like a low profile tire with a larger diameter rim. Probably to clear the steering knuckles?
I saw this as well. Was excited for a more scale MT until I noticed it, and now I can't not see it :P
Old 11-16-2020, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can't compare. The LMT is what you want if you are looking for that true to life monster truck experience. The way it reacts will look cool for vids and be fun in it's own right, for those purposes. If you just want a truck for ripping around, I don't think the LMT would even compare to the Maxx's performance. So I would say the determining factor is more down to what type of driving/driving experience are you looking for.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I agree with what folks on this thread are saying - solid axle rigs are totally different from independent suspension vehicles.

One thing to add, though, is that the LMT seems to be a game-changer in the solid axle category. There were no “RTR basher-friendly” solid axle trucks before the LMT. Most of the vehicles in this category were for enthusiasts who were willing to put tons of mods into their trucks to get something (somewhat) reliable and high-performance (for what they are).

The LMT is a big (10 lbs), burly, powerful, and almost completely upgraded truck out of the box. As a long time solid-axle enthusiast, I cannot see anything obvious (from the review vids of course) that needs upgrading to deliver a fun basher-friendly experience.

A lot of folks who run things like race clods (which cost well over $1000 by the time you are done) think this truck is extremely well-built and offers a lot of truck for the money (even though the price is not exactly cheap).

Buckland and AJH387 like this.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Guys, what I'm more interested in is if you had $600 and wanted a truck would you take the LMT or the MAXX? As stated they are completely different truck but because the price was near identical and so are the power plant, which would you choose? I know you guys, if you had the means you all would get both and more. Well I know I'll take the LMT and then the Super Baja Rey V.ii for sure. Losi is just spankin away.

Even Trigger King came out and declared the LMT as a worthy solid axle truck. I think the days of the Clod (or its axles) are numbered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.