Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Losi LMT or Traxxas Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know I probably overhype the Maxx, in some people's eyes. But I think right now it is possibly the most fun RTR monster truck out. So even though the new LMT looks fun, I'd still stick with the Maxx for what I do. With the wide kit, it is great for what I do and has held up just fine (aside from some small stuff that is to be expected.) But I'm not a solid axle guy, so that still has to be taken into account.
werner sline likes this.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

2 things : solid axles are fun, but limited in performance compaired to independant suspension trucks. if you want to bash anywhere and jump higher, go for the maxx. solid axle are more like backyard bashers for monster jam lovers.
second thing : don't trust videos of people who got rcs cars BEFORE the others : those are mostly presents from the manufacturers so those youtubers won't say nothing bad ! ( they even repeatedly say the same kind words ). wait for actual bashers who paid for their RCs !
i would take the maxx, even if i love solid axles truck : this will be more of a allround basher. and at least, you can now find many videos and thoughts about the maxx !
angrymelon, Dave_S and AJH387 like this.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by werner sline
2 things : solid axles are fun, but limited in performance compaired to independant suspension trucks. if you want to bash anywhere and jump higher, go for the maxx. solid axle are more like backyard bashers for monster jam lovers.
second thing : don't trust videos of people who got rcs cars BEFORE the others : those are mostly presents from the manufacturers so those youtubers won't say nothing bad ! ( they even repeatedly say the same kind words ). wait for actual bashers who paid for their RCs !
i would take the maxx, even if i love solid axles truck : this will be more of a allround basher. and at least, you can now find many videos and thoughts about the maxx !
The ultimate reviewer is Werner... so we'll need to wait for people to buy the LMT, and then after a while, when a used one is available cheap, Werner can buy it and show us all the amazing mods he'll do to make it perform like never before.
werner sline likes this.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Buy both!
werner sline likes this.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

The Maxx reminds me of my HPI Savage Flux. Although the chassis of the Flux is a TVP chassis, the performances are near one another. One reason why I regret the Flux was after the chassis had been elongated, shock towers are beefed up and axles are done properly you get a truck that weighs a ton. The Flux that came right out of the box was light and performed well. I see the Flux much like the Maxx. I'm not a super hard core basher where I jump the trucks over garages literally to destroy it but anything that goes fast and high is gonna come down quick and hard. For ease of maintenance I think my Kraton is best all around for speed, jumps and handling.

That being said I totally agree with Werner Sline. To bad Jang quit on us for a fair and unbiase review. I think now he's doing Lego reviews.
werner sline likes this.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smirkracing
The ultimate reviewer is Werner... so we'll need to wait for people to buy the LMT, and then after a while, when a used one is available cheap, Werner can buy it and show us all the amazing mods he'll do to make it perform like never before.
haha ! thank you for the kind words ! well sorry, i will not buy the LMT ! money is tight !
and i don't think that my opinion is actually so interesting because the vast majority of people don't bash like me ! i'm in the tiny micro niche that interest a handfull of people in the world : "acrobatic RC car freestyle " ...
see how my channel performs badly : 1.8k subs after 4 years is lame !! honestly !

one case to notice : i like the hobao hyper mt+2 and bashed it like no one else ! funny thing is that i also had breakages no one else had while other people break stuff that i didn't break !!!
Old 11-18-2020, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail
The Maxx reminds me of my HPI Savage Flux. Although the chassis of the Flux is a TVP chassis, the performances are near one another. One reason why I regret the Flux was after the chassis had been elongated, shock towers are beefed up and axles are done properly you get a truck that weighs a ton. The Flux that came right out of the box was light and performed well. I see the Flux much like the Maxx. I'm not a super hard core basher where I jump the trucks over garages literally to destroy it but anything that goes fast and high is gonna come down quick and hard. For ease of maintenance I think my Kraton is best all around for speed, jumps and handling.

That being said I totally agree with Werner Sline. To bad Jang quit on us for a fair and unbiase review. I think now he's doing Lego reviews.
JANG !!! i loved him !! yes, he is doing LEGOs, because the community there is much nicer than the RC community !!
the original HPI savage is indeed LEGEND !!
Old 11-22-2020, 12:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just knew this debate would pop up!

It is actually kind of interesting, because for about the same price bracket you can have two totally different trucks to bash with. I could go all out and really dive into why I would choose one over the other, but its honestly probably much simpler than that.

I know its popular to defend the LMT by saying it shouldn't be compared to the Maxx and that the Maxx will get pumped up because its better at everything.. but thats just it isn't it? They are both MT's for bashing in the same bracket and kinda similar in size and power.. of course they can be compared! And when it comes to a basher, what makes something better?

I think it really comes down to what the potential buyer has fun doing. Do you want to go fast and enjoy watching the truck soak up everything like a Caddy? Probably should look towards the Maxx. Do you prefer your entertainment trying to wrangle a powerhouse bouncing off everything like the real deal? Look for the LMT. I see it as drifting a corner vs trying to get around the corner the fastest. Sure.. drifting a corner isn't the fastest but its a lot of fun. Things are usually funner when you are able to drive at the handling limit of a chassis anyways, which I am sure the LMT is going to be seeing a lot of.

So yeah, while I believe you can certainly compare them to each other its also kind of silly to even try to compare them. Both are going to be a lot of fun getting down and dirty in the local bash pit anyhow.
werner sline likes this.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

As stated two different directions, The LMT is catering to the new Solid motor Axle MT craze, and as such is fully legal (pending motor and battery guidelines) should you want to race in any NRCTPA race (not pulling) class. Losi already build a Maxx Style Truck back in the day namely the LST and the Muggy.

As for bashing it doesnt matter...
werner sline and fordfreak95 like this.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I was actually surprised to see that the LMT is considered 10th scale. I compared it to the wheelbase of my Mad Force and its identical, and I don't think the Mad Force is considered 10th scale. I am glad they made the drivetrain 8th scale though. Between the 2 I definitely want the LMT, I have plenty of other independent suspension bashers.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:43 PM
Tech Initiate

the LMT is 10th scale

and its huge just like a real monster truck is HUGE I run it on 3s lipos and it has plenty of speed and torque. And on 3s it does backflips against a curb no problem.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 01-30-2021, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by deviltrigger529
I was actually surprised to see that the LMT is considered 10th scale. I compared it to the wheelbase of my Mad Force and its identical, and I don't think the Mad Force is considered 10th scale. I am glad they made the drivetrain 8th scale though. Between the 2 I definitely want the LMT, I have plenty of other independent suspension bashers.

Losi has recently updated there website to now having the LMT as 1/8 scale