1/8 KRATON 4WD EXtreme Bash Roller Speed Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

Default 1/8 KRATON 4WD EXtreme Bash Roller Speed Monster Truck

Arrma's at it again with a new Kraton bash roller on the way

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...er-p-ara106053

Introduction

The ARRMA® KRATON™ EXtreme Bash Roller Speed Monster Truck adds extra toughness everywhere it counts, making this 1/8 scale chassis the perfect platform for high-speed bashing over brutal terrain. It's fully assembled and ready to accept your choice of powerful electronics. Top off the KRATON™ Extreme Bash Roller Speed Monster Truck with the included, exclusive EXB matte and gloss finish body — and you're ready to bash without boundaries.

Features

• Designed Fast, Designed Tough
  • EXB (Extreme Bash) components for extreme durability
  • 7075 T6 Aluminum laser-etched chassis plate
  • Aluminum front and rear chassis braces
  • Center body support and brace for maximum durability
  • Strong composite chassis side pods
  • Aluminum front upper hanger, top plate, and rear suspension mount
  • Heavy-duty front and rear arms with aluminum strengthening cap
  • Heavy-duty steel turnbuckles
  • Heavy-duty front upper steel hinge pins
  • Heavy-duty drivetrain
  • Durable steel driveshafts
  • All-metal diff outdrives and gearbox internals
  • Plated limited-slip differentials
  • Safe-D input gears
  • Oil-filled adjustable shocks
  • 7075 T6 Anodized aluminum front and rear shock towers
  • Red-anodized aluminum servo mount
  • Large volume waterproof receiver box
  • Black matte and gloss effect body
  • Front bumper
  • High downforce wing
  • Multi-terrain DBoots® Copperhead™ 2 tires on multi-split spoke wheels
  • Durable wheel hubs
  • 2-year warranty (see website support for details)

Overview

"Designed Fast, Designed Tough" may be an understatement when describing the KRATON® Extreme Bash Roller Speed Monster Truck. Made of strong anodized 7075 T6 aluminum, the laser-etched chassis plate gains further rigidity from the use of front and rear aluminum chassis braces. Strong composite chassis side pods and a center body support and brace provide more rugged resilience.

Durable steel driveshafts plus all-metal diff outdrives and gearbox internals keep the heavy-duty 4-wheel drivetrain rolling over punishing tracks. An Extreme Bash toughened suspension system smooths the ride, with a steel rear suspension mount and adjustable oil-filled shocks mounted on 7075 T6 anodized aluminum front and rear shock towers.

The KRATON™ Extreme Bash Roller Speed Monster Truck's list of EXB components also includes the following — and more — to give this big machine uncompromising muscle:
  • EXB Heavy-duty front and rear arms with aluminum strengthening cap
  • EXB Heavy-duty steel turnbuckles
  • EXB Heavy-duty front upper steel hinge pins
  • EXB Plated limited-slip differentials
  • EXB Red-anodized aluminum servo mount
  • EXB Large volume waterproof receiver box
  • EXB Front bumper
Its aggressive dBoots® Copperhead™ 2 tires arrive mounted on multi-spoke wheels with durable hubs to deliver all-terrain traction — assisted by a high downforce wing that adds an aggressive edge to the look of the exclusive EXB matte and gloss effect finished truck body.

Dave_S likes this.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

€500 in Europe....

ps Just took a closer look though.. Just bought by first Kraton - a V4 about two weeks ago for €500.. Have spent about €60 so far on aluminum chassis plates, a front bumper, and skids..
Old 07-02-2020, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
€500 in Europe....

ps Just took a closer look though.. Just bought by first Kraton - a V4 about two weeks ago for €500.. Have spent about €60 so far on aluminum chassis plates, a front bumper, and skids..
Now that this came out ...Are you wishing you waited and bought the basher model instead....?
Old 07-02-2020, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Well having it come out two weeks after I bought mine makes me wonder if I would have. I sure wouldn’t mind having it now instead..
Old 07-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

You probably have electronics kicking around you could have thrown in it too...
Old 07-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Yep...

i’m not kicking myself or anything. I am not looking to send it to the moon and try to out-bash the YouTube superstars or whatever. But I would like to have the toughest possible truck for the money I’m spending… For my purposes the truck I got is probably fine. Still, tougher is always better of course...
Old 07-02-2020, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

I;m going to have to agree.... I.m kinda on the fence about Kraton.... not shure if I want to drop thge coin....
Old 07-02-2020, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

The stock Kraton is perfectly fine for the average basher, they hold up to everyday bashing. It's only if you want to go doing 30ft+ jumps that you'll run into problems
I only ever put alloy chassis braces on mine, and beefed up the motor with a leopard 4282 2000kv

I've gone and bought the v4 Talion now, and same thing, just alloy chassis braces and a beefier motor, this time a Leopard 4092 1730kv on 6S and a 20T pinion
Old 07-02-2020, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Why the beefier motor? Do you think the stock is too weak power-wise or it doesn’t hold up to 6S or what? Just curious..

I have never experimented with motors much. I have had two MT4 G3s, and I put a MT4 G3 power system in my converted Tamiya TRF801XT. I then put a 2200kv motor, and noticed a bit of higher revving - wheelies later in the power band etc.. But that's it.

The Kraton seems OK in terms of power. But maybe just a hair short of totally mental like I was expecting. I have a 15t pinion in my MT4 G3, and on 5S I feel it's faster than the Kraton on 6S. The Kraton is more tank-like and loud(metal spur..) than I expected...

Both trucks probably need fresh oil in the center... I haven't even begun to look at how to disassemble the Kraton yet...

Last edited by Herrsavage; 07-02-2020 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awe man.....OK I want one. Anyone want to buy a new built Losi 8ight X converted Monster Buggy? LOL. If I had known this was coming I wouldn't of built the Losi. Oh well....shoulda woulda coulda right
Old 07-03-2020, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

clever marketing ! arrma understood that their customers buy multiple arrma cars : so why not sell them another car ! selling hop up options doesn't make as much profit !
Dave_S likes this.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Why the beefier motor? Do you think the stock is too weak power-wise or it doesn’t hold up to 6S or what? Just curious..

I have never experimented with motors much. I have had two MT4 G3s, and I put a MT4 G3 power system in my converted Tamiya TRF801XT. I then put a 2200kv motor, and noticed a bit of higher revving - wheelies later in the power band etc.. But that's it.

The Kraton seems OK in terms of power. But maybe just a hair short of totally mental like I was expecting. I have a 15t pinion in my MT4 G3, and on 5S I feel it's faster than the Kraton on 6S. The Kraton is more tank-like and loud(metal spur..) than I expected...

Both trucks probably need fresh oil in the center... I haven't even begun to look at how to disassemble the Kraton yet...
Yeah approx 400-600w more power from a Leo 4282, and approx 1200w more power from a 4092 can motor, that's a truck load.

I've had a change of plans in the last couple of days. I did a swap with something with a mate of mine's shelf queen Kraton. My new v4 Talion has been shipped
I've cancelled an order of electronics, and gone a different path for both my new rigs
So my new toys are...

V4 Kraton with a Max6 and Surpass 4092 1650kv - crazy power basher with a 18-20t pinion, 6S
V4 Talion with a Max6 and Surpass 4092 1650kv - off road speed truggy with at least a 22-24t pinion, 6S
Old 07-03-2020, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

So I could put in a 4092 1650kv Motor (link?) and just have a big increase in power, no need to change anything else?

And an 18t pinion to go with it...
Old 07-03-2020, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

So I could put in a 4092 1650kv Motor (link?) and just have a big increase in power, no need to change anything else?

And an 18t pinion to go with it...
I'm not familiar with the Arrma electrics so I can't say tbh. On paper the stock blx185 would probably cope, but the motor does draw 160amp max, so??
You would also need to solder 6.5mm female bullets to the ESC motor wires.

The other alternative is a Leopard 4082 or 4092, they have 4mm bullets so it's just plug and play. Both draw far less amps than the cheap Surpass motor, and are better quality.
I thought I would try out the Surpass motors, they are half the price of the Leopard because I can only get the Leopards from RCjuice, and postage is the killer to Australia, and the $$$ conversion
When the Surpass die an early death (i might be surprised though) then it's the Leopard 4092

Oh and the original question "Why the beefier motor? Do you think the stock is too weak power-wise or it doesn’t hold up to 6S or what? Just curious"

The stock 4074 can motor is a bit small for a rig the weight of the Kraton, it just needs that little bit more. Which is why the 4082 is a good size as it has that little bit more, and will run on the stock ESC no problems
Old 07-04-2020, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks. So 4082 or 4092 then if I were to get the EBX? I would just look for a stock 185a ESC out of a Kraton if possible. Something cheap and plug and play in any event..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.