Search
Like Tree4Likes

emaxx troubles

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

@Funniekid
I like the hinge pin brace mod you did to your skid plate. That would add some support to them. At the time I was harder on my rigs and couldn’t believe I was bending Lunsford titanium pins, even the front uppers. And that was with RPM arms, can’t imagine what the pins look like on trucks with aluminum arms. I’d barely heard of ejector pins at the time and didn’t look into it further but I was tempted to drill everything out for 4mm pins though.

Then I got an LST and all was right in my world. It’s got all it’s stock plastic and once in a blue moon I hit something hard enough to break a front knuckle. It’s actually kind of boring so mod ideas keep popping into my head as an excuse to wrench on it. I was actually up to 3 LST’s at once point, 2 identical 1717 powered XXL’s and a LST2. Then I stumbled into some dirt cheap FLM hybrids, then found Ofna diffs on clearance at my lhs and eBay chop shopped my way to a half decent EMaxx instead of just flipping the Hybrids. Ran it a few times in front of my house, enjoyed the nostalgia of driving a Maxx again (first EMaxx), did an extended chassis experiment (they’re so easy to extend) and parted it out shortly after. Would’ve made more $ if I’d just flipped the Hybrids, at least I got Maxx trucks out of my system for a few more years.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:53 AM
Tech Initiate

okay cool an yeah its been plety durable for what i do with it so i think i will just go with the rebuidl the diff n shim the snot otu of it thansk for everyoens help
Old 02-25-2018, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default sorry

I fixed my nephews emaxx today , turns out i was WRONG so now is time to take it like a man and own up, I have no previous experience taking apart this machine and i wrongly diagnosed a blown diff, turns out it was simply the slipper/spur adjustment nut had come loose due to no locktite from the factory assembly, while dissapointing its was not a big issue, now i was not impressed with the drive shaft out of the centre diff or the size off the diffs fairs fair so here is my public apology for my previous rant, SORRY i hope for better times ahead.