Electric MT??

Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 PM
MCF
Tech Initiate

Default Electric MT??

Have been considering an LST2 for a 'toy' and a basher and maybe one day racing...but are there any good electric monster trucks that come out of the box that would compare to the LST2? Any advantages of electric over nitro except the noise factor?
Old 02-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

None that would compare out of the box.

We have a guy at our LHS that converted his EMAXX over the the GorillaMaxx chassis and did quite well running side by side with a Nitro MT.

A fellow racer at our track also had a brushless EMAXX with the GorillaMaxx chassis and was able to run with the MT class but he just had a lot of trouble laying the power down.

they can be made to compete bur require alot of money to do so
Old 02-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Hot Bodies Ezilla

The Hot Bodies Ezilla is awesome straight out of the box. Throw on some decent tyres (Proline Bowties) and you can run with the nitros. You won't match them for top speed out of the box but the handling is awesome from a truck that is basically a lighter electric version of the Savage.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yes the e-zilla goes quie unnoticed for the kind of truck it is. i think id recommend that truck.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

personally, the only good electric MT that is comparable to nitro MT is EMAXX.
just my opinion.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

no the e-zilla can run with the best. check out the e-zilla thread, they race their trucks and have great success. im getting one in march....
Old 02-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

I own both and I think you would be happy with either one , but the E-Maxx is the bigger bang for the buck out of the box, also the E-Maxx is the better truck not by much but it is better. Just one mans opinion.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

ive heard the e-zilla handles awesome. out handling many nitros
Old 02-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

for race ability ive seen the emaxxs hand nitro's thier a$$ on the track.

i have seen the e zilla the only problem i have with them is HB they are known for throwing vehicles out there with little to no support.

maybe this has changed with them moving in house with HPI but then again HPI has been known to do the same

i have yet to see one at the track here or near by,so i cant comment on what it can or cant do but i have seen the emaxxs fixed up and if done right can run with the nitros no problem
Old 02-08-2006, 11:08 AM
MCF
Tech Initiate

Default The Emaxx....

looks pretty cool, but for just playing around and bashing, wouldn't and LST2 be better....I mean, I assume the Emaxx runs at full power for 8-12 minutes and then dies...just like a Nitro; however, the Nitro, you put more fuel in and ready to go....with electric, you have to charge the batteries, etc. How long does that take? Does it come with what you would need to charge it from your car? Looks like both come with three channel radio and have reverse out of the box....the E-maxx does allow you to shift gears from the transmitter which would be pretty cool. One last question...which would be quicker and what would be expected top speed of Emaxx out of box (I think LST2 is about 40-45mph). Oh, and another thing, E-maxx is 1/10th scale and LST2 is 1/8 scale (I think bigger is better)....thanks for the help...
Old 02-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

well for bashing, i would go with the e-zilla over the e-maxx or lst2, the e-zilla picks up traits from the savage for more durability. you still need to buy batteries and chargers and depending on how you charge the batteries and what charger you use will determine charge times, they can take 15 mins they can take 2 hours. you can alternate batteries though, get 3 batteries, charge on, put it in your truck, put another opn charge start driving then when your done the one battery will be charged and charge the one that was on deck and let the one that was in your truck cool. really the amount of time ou lose with tuning and sometimes even starting a nitro will make up for charge times. an electric mt will do like 20MPH out of the box. for big open fiuelds electrics are no comparison to nitros but you can still have fun with a good electric in good spots. the lst2 will probably do 35-40. as for 1/10 scale and 1/8 scale, there ist a performance factor there so just look at other areas of the trucks. if you want a 1/8 scale nitro for bashin then a savage would better fit your needs as a basher.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MCF
looks pretty cool, but for just playing around and bashing, wouldn't and LST2 be better....I mean, I assume the Emaxx runs at full power for 8-12 minutes and then dies...just like a Nitro; however, the Nitro, you put more fuel in and ready to go....with electric, you have to charge the batteries, etc. How long does that take? Does it come with what you would need to charge it from your car? Looks like both come with three channel radio and have reverse out of the box....the E-maxx does allow you to shift gears from the transmitter which would be pretty cool. One last question...which would be quicker and what would be expected top speed of Emaxx out of box (I think LST2 is about 40-45mph). Oh, and another thing, E-maxx is 1/10th scale and LST2 is 1/8 scale (I think bigger is better)....thanks for the help...
This is what discourages alot of people when they start looking at the cost of elec. vs nitro,batts are expensive and so are chargers.

if your looking for all day bashing then the LST2 is your choice,the savage will do the job also but is not as quick out of the box as the LST.

top speed is 44 for the LST that has been proven witha radar gun and no mods just break it in and go,i know the savage tops out around 40 the emaxx is 35 i believe thats according to traxxas.

With the LST2 you get a quality radio and it is almost race ready out of the box and with the recent upgrade to the kit making it a 2 it is a lot more durable for bashing also.

BUT the savage is more than capable to taking a licking no doubt about it.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

traxxas asys the e-maxx does 30+ but it does about 22 mph proven by mags that have reviewed and hopped these up. a hacker burshless e-maxx with 4 GP3300 packs did about 40 MPH. as for out of the box bashing i dont think an LST is as fit for bashing as a Savage. you dont need the racing radio for bashing just a failsafe would be good, the new savage is more userfriendly and has a better slipper clutch. from talking with people who have bought lst2's their turnbuckles/steering blocks seem to be a slight weakpoint under extreme conditions (which is what bashing is). if we are talking about racing then the LST2 is the better performance out of the box would be better. but for bashing the savage would be better out of the box, and the lowerprice tag opens up the room for some small yet effective hop-ups (exaust, 3-speed, etc) and the savage seems to have larger aftermarket support (because its been around longer).
Old 02-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dracy69
traxxas asys the e-maxx does 30+ but it does about 22 mph proven by mags that have reviewed and hopped these up. a hacker burshless e-maxx with 4 GP3300 packs did about 40 MPH. as for out of the box bashing i dont think an LST is as fit for bashing as a Savage. you dont need the racing radio for bashing just a failsafe would be good, the new savage is more userfriendly and has a better slipper clutch. from talking with people who have bought lst2's their turnbuckles/steering blocks seem to be a slight weakpoint under extreme conditions (which is what bashing is). if we are talking about racing then the LST2 is the better performance out of the box would be better. but for bashing the savage would be better out of the box, and the lowerprice tag opens up the room for some small yet effective hop-ups (exaust, 3-speed, etc) and the savage seems to have larger aftermarket support (because its been around longer).
the new LST2 is everybit as capable of bashing as the savage if not more!

dude whoever hooked up that hacker should be shot youre gonna try and tell me 2 extra batts and a brushless only added 10mph????
the HV system from novak in an emaxx with 2 racing 6cells was able to pull a revo with a OS 18 down our straight last year,thats 45+ right there bro

better slipper clutch???LMAO!!!! have you even owned a running savage or a lst for that matter?
for bashing you have to take into account breaking stuff,i have never broke a turnbuckle in the 15+mo i have been racing my LST's and the components on the LST2 are much stronger.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

well ive never broken a chassis part on my savage during the 3 years ive owned it, just spurgears and a few diffs until i upgraded to the 4-spider gears which all savages now have. and i said the burshless and batts added 20mph. (40-20=20) stock e-maxxes do about 20. and in order for e-maxxes to do that you need alot of money into it and getting into maintenance like nitros ontop of batteries. and they actually used 1 motor which wouldnt change top speed, the truck couldnt be driven with both, too much torque it wouldnt keep the front wheels on the ground. and dont assume your revo was doing 45 mph on the straight, r/c's are more difficult to determine speed by lookin at them because once you put an r/c next to a full size car and do 40 it looks completely different. and the revo will spin its tires on a track whereas speed runs are done on pavement.

and i still think a savage is a better truck for bashers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.