Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

Fargo / Moorhead Area Radio Control

Hide Wikipost
Old 05-10-2019, 12:35 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Fargo / Moorhead Area Radio Control
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
This thread will be dedicated to information about the RRR/CCC club off road track in Dilworth, MN.

Visit us on Facebook.

Club Membership Information:

- $50 Season Standard Package
* Includes Benefits Package

- $100 Season Premium Package
* Includes standard package
* Full access to track anytime

Benefits
- 10% discount on purchases at Hobby Hut. Some exclusions apply.
- All racing classes will be $5 for members per class.
* For those with children under 18 and spouse, this also applies.
- Non-members will pay $10 for their first class and $5 for each additional classes.
- One vote per membership.

Track / Race Specifics:
- Track is for electric vehicles only
- There will be a minimum of 5 to run a class.
- Reverse is not allowed during races.
- If Race turnout is low we will run that day as a practice day

Tuesday Night Open Wheel Wars
- Races will start at 6:30.
- Classes include:
* 1/10 2wd Buggy 17.5 Spec
* 1/10 4wd Buggy 13.5 Spec
* 1/10 2wd Stadium Truck Open
* Mini Vehicle Open
* Sportsman

Thursday Night Truck Fights
- Races will start at 6:30.
- Classes include:
* Stock Spec Slash
* 2wd Truck Open (SCT and Stadium trucks, separated where turnout is sufficient)
* 4wd Truck Open (SCT and Mini Truggies, separated where turnout is sufficient)
* Mini Vehicle Open
* Sportsman

Saturday Races
- Races ran 1 day a month
- We will run all classes
- Track opens at 8am
- Races will start at 10am.

Details on Classes:

1/10 2wd 17.5 Spec Buggy
- ROAR rules for chassis dimensions
- ROAR Legal 17.5 motor
- Blinky speed control (no timing)
- 2s lipo, 8.4V maximum charge

1/10 4wd 13.5 Spec Buggy
- ROAR legal 13.5 Motor
- Blinky speed control (no timing)
- 2s Lipo maximum, 8.4V maximum charge

1/10 2wd Stadium Truck Open
- No motor limits (17.5 recommended for beginners)
- 2s Lipo maximum

Mini Open
- Vehicles must be classified as a Mini scale vehicle
* examples: LC Racing 1/14 EMB1-T, Losi Mini-8ight, etc
- No motor limit
- 2s Lipo maximum

Spec 1/10 2wd Slash
- This will be a box stock truck, model #58024.
- All trucks must use a "Slash" specific body.
- Body Holes can be cut to allow for airflow over jumps.

- Chassis:
* RPM Nerf Bars may be installed.
* Weights may be added.

- Suspension:
* Shock Oil may be changed.
* Shock Position may be changed.
* Preload spacers may be used / removed.

- Electronics:
1. Motor
* Tuning, tweaking, or modifying the stock 12T Titan 550 brushed motor in any way is not allowed.
* The outer metal sleeve on the motor is considered part of the motor and must be installed as is from the factory.
* The stock (bullet) connectors from the motor to the ESC must also be used and are not allowed to be soldered together.

2. Battery
* NIMH 7 cell Battery or 2S Lipo Battery only.

3. Radio
* Any radio and receiver may be used

4. Servo
* Can run Traxxas 2075X, or install the Savox SAV-SG-SC0251MG or Traxxas 2072X metal gear kits in the stock 2075 model servo.

- Wheels and Tires:
* Original Traxxas Slash 2.2” wheel only
* Traxxas Slash Spec, Kumho Venture, and BF Goodrich treads only allowed. No S1 compound tires allowed.

- Driveline
* Any of the 4 Traxxas spur gears (4676, 4683, 4686, or 4690) are permitted.
* Any pinion gear that mounts without modifications needed may be used.

1/10 2wd Open Short Course Truck (Pro 2)
- No motor limits (17.5 recommended for beginners)
- 2s Lipo maximum

4wd Open Short Course Truck(Pro 4)
- 550 sized motor limit
- 2s Lipo maximum

1/10 Mini Truggy
- Mini Truggy style vehicle (4x4 Rustler, Tekno ET410, etc)
- 550 sized motor limit
- 2s Lipo maximum

Sportsman
- This is a class for the beginners only.
- Those running this class may not enter another class
- This is a run what you brung class as long as the chassis in general fits the other classes being ran. Any exceptions need to be approved by the club membership.

Racing/Track Etiquette
- Club Members are representatives of the club, and need to act as such
- Hacking, Rough driving, Retaliation, etc will not be tolerated

Marshall Duties:
* All racers are expected to Marshall
* Wear proper shoes
* When marshaling, keep an eye on your area of the track
* For safety, drivers are required to bring there vehicles to a complete stop before being marshalled

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 07:49 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm in for racing. Once you get the classes figured out I'll purchase a truck. I want to be in a class with good turnouts. In sure it must be hard for you to know what classes to have when you don't really know who's going to show up to race.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboundrmk
I'm in for racing. Once you get the classes figured out I'll purchase a truck. I want to be in a class with good turnouts. In sure it must be hard for you to know what classes to have when you don't really know who's going to show up to race.
It is tough. The biggest class will most likely be 2wd buggy. No matter what happens with the "stock slash" class, there will most likely be an open 2wd short course class for all the trucks that don't fit the stock specs.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Protrac

Is the proline protrac suspension legal
Old 03-19-2017, 03:50 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Fordraptorracer
Is the proline protrac suspension legal
Not in the spec class.

It would be fine in open short course.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Would entirely stock include the stock traxxas tires and wheels?
Old 03-19-2017, 05:28 PM
Regional Moderator

Would entirely stock include the stock traxxas tires and wheels?
In my opinion, yes.

The spirit of this class is to give people that already have a slash the chance to come and race it. I don't really mean for it to be filled with veteran racers that are going to push rules to the limit. If we get enough people that want to push rules and race stock, I'd much rather do that with better quality race trucks. Personally, I was not going to race the slash class. I will run open short course though.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:06 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Sounds like a good topic for the next meeting. Talking to some people I know who are interested in getting into RC the class does interest them, but they are wanting to know of the various traxxas slash versions what to buy that would be legal specifically for that class.

For other classes, Looks like around ND 1/10 4wd 13.5 could be a thing this year. We'll have at least two vehicles setup that way.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Cain
Sounds like a good topic for the next meeting. Talking to some people I know who are interested in getting into RC the class does interest them, but they are wanting to know of the various traxxas slash versions what to buy that would be legal specifically for that class.

For other classes, Looks like around ND 1/10 4wd 13.5 could be a thing this year. We'll have at least two vehicles setup that way.
We will have to get it figured out soon. It's really only the motor situation, maybe the servo that need to be decided on for the spec class. The rest of the truck should stay stock. No lcg, no Proline suspension, no aftermarket tires. Keep it simple is the name of the game.

4wd buggy will be open. You can run 13.5 of course, but there won't be a motor limit on 4wd buggy.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:53 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jon Carlson
We will have to get it figured out soon. It's really only the motor situation, maybe the servo that need to be decided on for the spec class. The rest of the truck should stay stock. No lcg, no Proline suspension, no aftermarket tires. Keep it simple is the name of the game.

4wd buggy will be open. You can run 13.5 of course, but there won't be a motor limit on 4wd buggy.
Sounds good. As other places are looking to do that possibly, I'll just leave it in that configuration and see if turn out grows in our area enough to warrant a look again at a spec class similar to what you stated about 2wd buggy.

Looking forward to hearing when the next meeting is and when we can get going more on the track!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Stock traxxas slash truck

Cain I am also racing the stock class I have a 2017 raptor completely stock i have added the rpm rear bumper and mud flaps I'm upgrading the chassis with rpm products where ever possible
Old 03-20-2017, 09:39 AM
Tech Legend

Cain I am also racing the stock class I have a 2017 raptor completely stock i have added the rpm rear bumper and mud flaps I'm upgrading the chassis with rpm products where ever possible
With the upgrades you are looking to do and based on what has been stated for the the stock spec slash class, you will most likely be in the open 2wd short course class which will still be fun for sure.

I have always been a fan of 1/10 4wd buggies or "wheelers" and was really happy to see the class grow up in Warren as it has. With the vehicles being stronger than when I ran them last and using a spec style motor, it really ups the durability of the vehicles.

Its one of my daughters favorite classes too.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm sure it will all be brought up, but I personally think that the "stock slash class" should be thought of in more of the "sportsman class". Even though someone has moved into better control arms, better servo, "race" tires, doesn't mean they are ready to be in a class with better drivers just because they have had their slash for awhile and upgraded. If however they are able to " dominate" because they can drive and their car is set up, immediate move them to better class.
For example, Cain has daughters "starting" out, have killer setups, but the skill level is still that of sportsman.
It will be a feel out at first I know, but these are my thoughts. Besides, rpm plastic holds up better than stock. So why hold someone back who wants better equipment because if they upgrade they have to move up to a harder class because they broke. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray S
I'm sure it will all be brought up, but I personally think that the "stock slash class" should be thought of in more of the "sportsman class". Even though someone has moved into better control arms, better servo, "race" tires, doesn't mean they are ready to be in a class with better drivers just because they have had their slash for awhile and upgraded. If however they are able to " dominate" because they can drive and their car is set up, immediate move them to better class.
For example, Cain has daughters "starting" out, have killer setups, but the skill level is still that of sportsman.
It will be a feel out at first I know, but these are my thoughts. Besides, rpm plastic holds up better than stock. So why hold someone back who wants better equipment because if they upgrade they have to move up to a harder class because they broke. Just my 2 cents.

Yes and No, I believe a stock slash class should be basically stock, set up and tires mean very little with limited motors and stock parts, stock shocks, it is a cheap and level playing field and tracks seem to have a full class of them, as it comes down to driver, and how to get around other trucks within the racing line, so you could get pushed to the rear of the pack and drive to the front, several times thru out a race, plus by being stock, it limits what people can and will do to win with hop up parts, call them durability parts, also sportsman class needs to be a race what ya brung class, either 2wd or 4wd, as I will run the pro2 class and stock 17.5 buggy, and currently looking for a box stock slash, not that I really need another race vehicle, but looking at racing other trucks that are similar and on any given day can win.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:38 PM
Tech Legend

For me personally I started my girls on similar items to what I have that I also feel are durable too. Makes it much easier to support the vehicles thats for sure!

As for the proposed spec slash class or any others, my impression is that we will need to see what is finalized for the specifics of the various classes that haven't already been predefined as being mod classes. Slashes for one I am seeing have more than one configuration available (Slash RTR with LCG chassis comes to mind) and would hate for someone purchasing one with the intention to race in the spec slash class to find out its not legal after the purchase.

Assuming this will be a club decision, I am hopeful that the club can address that at the next meeting to give people who are interested in any classes defined at that point so they can purchase the setups in a timely fashion. It may even help the hobby shops who are looking to carry specific items to have those on hand and even promote those vehicles to people who may not fully know about racing that is looking to take place in the region.

As for concerns about racing with better drivers, if the turn out is there resorts after heats can help with getting similar skilled drivers bracketed together who no longer fall into the general "sportsman" level of skill. The big thing to me at least is that drivers who are better skilled need to remember that when racing with those of lesser skills that we all start somewhere, accidents happen, and we should show good sportsmanship to all to help promote the hobby.

Lastly and this is just a thought, if enough sportsman drivers show up who have multiples of vehicles (right now various places have it that you only can run sportsman if you don't run in other classes), maybe it could be worked out to even break sportsman class out further into different vehicle classes similar to the non-sportsman classes. Example: Sportsman - 2wd vehicles, Sportsman 4wd vehicles, etc. Again, this is assuming turnout warrants it.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:45 PM
Tech Legend

Next meeting with be April 20th at 7PM at the track weather permitting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.