New track in Aberdeen, SD

Old 01-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Default New track in Aberdeen, SD

Just a heads up guys. Myself and a bunch of local guys are starting up a track in Aberdeen. The track is up and we are have a meeting on Thursday of next week. It sounds like the popular car is the slash with a dirt modified body on it. I am looking for any rules that you like or don't like for our area. I want to get the rules done right the first time. What other tracks are there in the Dakotas? Does Fargo or Bismarck have anything going these days?

If you have a good set of rules for your track I want them!! Class rules, battery rules, track rules... What ever works for you guys. I want a track that attracts other racers in the area and I would love a group of guys from our track travelling to yours.

Right now its a carpet oval and we are hoping to have a dirt oval operating this summer.

The facebook site is called Dakota Slidewayzs RC Club.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Oval racing

Check with the hobby Plex in Omaha. They run dirt Oval.an I think the PRCP crew out of Pingree North Dakota had a carpet Oval going at one time as well. You could check with them.. both places have a great bunch of guy's that have lots of knowledge!! Maybe you could use there rules as a base line.good luck this town need's something like this...
Old 01-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SadDogg
Check with the hobby Plex in Omaha. They run dirt Oval.an I think the PRCP crew out of Pingree North Dakota had a carpet Oval going at one time as well. You could check with them.. both places have a great bunch of guy's that have lots of knowledge!! Maybe you could use there rules as a base line.good luck this town need's something like this...
Holy crap your from Aberdeen!! Are you interested in racing? Do you have any suggestions? We are having a meeting on Thursday. Your sure welcome.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I am from Aberdeen.

Yes live in Aberdeen there are a few of us that run Nitro off-road in the summer/winter from town! I will see if I can make the meeting. What time and where at? Is this open to anyone or a closed group of racer's? And if you guy's want I got a bunch off RC Banners from company's your welcome to just have to hang around your track I would guess there is maybe 10 of the most about 3'X 4' in size. Will you guy's have a pit area with power and tables or will racer's need to bring there own?
Old 01-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SadDogg
Yes live in Aberdeen there are a few of us that run Nitro off-road in the summer/winter from town! I will see if I can make the meeting. What time and where at? Is this open to anyone or a closed group of racer's? And if you guy's want I got a bunch off RC Banners from company's your welcome to just have to hang around your track I would guess there is maybe 10 of the most about 3'X 4' in size. Will you guy's have a pit area with power and tables or will racer's need to bring there own?
The track is east of J Gross Equipment on the south side of HWY 12. Will surely take some banners. It will dress up the track for sure. Not sure of the time yet but it sounds as tho its on the 12th of January.

The track will be open to anyone who wants to race or spectate. The pit area really has yet to be discussed. We were thinking of having the first race in February so for now I would probably think guys will have to bring a table and a power strip. Its a work in progress!!
Old 01-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

10th post so I can post urls!!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is also some guys running oval and off road in Brandon SD just east of Sioux Falls. Have not raced with them but sound like a decent bunch. They have a facebook page as well as a thread here on R/C Tech. It's called Aspen Park RC Raceway.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey just wondering if u guys are up and running if so what days and what classes etc... Thanks nick green
Old 07-22-2017, 12:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by greengo
Hey just wondering if u guys are up and running if so what days and what classes etc... Thanks nick green
During the summer we are running on Mondays starting at 7:00pm. We have a B mod class that runs the brushed motor and an A mod class that runs the Brushless 3500Kv Traxxas stuff and an open late model class. We are in the process of changing the open class a little. Thinking about a foam spec tire.