Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
Shamrock RC Raceway: Mankato/St. Peter Offroad Turf Racing >

Shamrock RC Raceway: Mankato/St. Peter Offroad Turf Racing

Like Tree3Likes

Shamrock RC Raceway: Mankato/St. Peter Offroad Turf Racing

Old 06-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

What tires are recommended for a T4 truck on the astro?
Old 06-29-2016, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

F/R Schumacher V3's (full rear, trimmed fronts), or Schumacher Micro Spikes on the rear as an option.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Racing today - join us!

We are racing today, Sunday, July 3rd. Heats start at noon and we usually finish 4 pm.

2 WD Stock Buggy continues to be the biggest class and I'm betting we'll have another drone class today.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Haven't touched a radio in over 20 years but recently thought about getting back into RC for a fun hobby and was pretty excited to see that there was a track close by. Trying to decide what class to go with and was wondering how the turnout is for the open sct is normally. Also any suggestions for stores in the Mankato area that carry RC? Don't mind going to the cities if there is nothing local.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SeanC81
Haven't touched a radio in over 20 years but recently thought about getting back into RC for a fun hobby and was pretty excited to see that there was a track close by. Trying to decide what class to go with and was wondering how the turnout is for the open sct is normally. Also any suggestions for stores in the Mankato area that carry RC? Don't mind going to the cities if there is nothing local.
Turnout is okay for Short Course. Usually at least 1 heat of 'em. 1/10 scale Electric Buggy is "Where it's at though". 2 full heats last Sunday.......Love it. Any of today's Buggy's will work excellent on the track as long as you get the correct tires--Schumacher tires!! Mini Pins for the rear and Stagger or cut Staggers in the front in the Yellow compound should do just fine. SCT's are cool too, just not as many of them and they do have a tendency to float in the air after taking some of the bigger jumps on the track. Either way, you will have a Blast.
As for the stores in Mankato, not sure about that, but if you're willing to drive up to Burnsville, RC Car Kings is an excellent place for all your RC needs. Otherwise a lot of us order through A-main Hobbies or Stormer Hobbies online. Welcome Back!!!!
Old 07-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

No hobby shops in Mankato. Closest is car kings in burnsville or hub hobby in Richfield.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Bubby
Any of today's Buggy's will work excellent on the track as long as you get the correct tires--Schumacher tires!! Mini Pins for the rear and Stagger or cut Staggers in the front in the Yellow compound should do just fine.
Blue compound (hard) in the front is also a good option...that's what I've been running on my YZ-2, and it takes a bit of the edgyness away, and they last a tad bit longer. Still tons of grip though...gotta love outdoor astroturf!
Old 07-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the replies, may have to take a trip to the cities this weekend.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Copied from the Shamrock Facebook page...

"The track is under construction. Please check back here to make sure it is open before making a trip to the track this week. Expect a new layout for Sunday's race!"
New layout for Sunday...SWEET!!
Old 07-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New Track Spy Shots

I managed to snag a few spy photos of the new track layout. Should be fun.
Attached Thumbnails Shamrock RC Raceway: Mankato/St. Peter Offroad Turf Racing-img_9662.jpg   Shamrock RC Raceway: Mankato/St. Peter Offroad Turf Racing-img_9664.jpg   Shamrock RC Raceway: Mankato/St. Peter Offroad Turf Racing-img_9663.jpg   Shamrock RC Raceway: Mankato/St. Peter Offroad Turf Racing-img_9665.jpg   Shamrock RC Raceway: Mankato/St. Peter Offroad Turf Racing-img_9668.jpg  

Old 07-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Rained Out.

We are canceling races for today. It's too wet. If it clears up the track with it's new layout should be ready by 2 or 3 this afternoon. If you have to race today, come put some practice laps down.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any video of the WHOLE new layout, not just the static shot of the finish line jump? Looks like a fun, new configuration. I think I saw some elevation changes in a quick, facebook video. Very, very cool.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ryan432greening
Any video of the WHOLE new layout, not just the static shot of the finish line jump? Looks like a fun, new configuration. I think I saw some elevation changes in a quick, facebook video. Very, very cool.
I know it's not a video of the whole track, but here is a photo from the drivers stand of the entire track.
Attached Thumbnails Shamrock RC Raceway: Mankato/St. Peter Offroad Turf Racing-img_9760-2-.jpg  
Old 07-21-2016, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hope you guys have a great time this Sunday. I'll be going out to Marshall to do a little Touring Car Crashing. LOL
Old 07-22-2016, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

I'm out this Sunday as well...it's the wife's 40th birthday, so I'd better stick around town, or else! :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.