Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
2003 Roar On-Road Carpet Nats at TCHR !!!! >

2003 Roar On-Road Carpet Nats at TCHR !!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2003 Roar On-Road Carpet Nats at TCHR !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

gmain, I simply can not believe the way you jump on ammdrew, or anyone else that has any type of opinion about how the nationals went down (other than the "you did a great job type comments" (and how much do you learn from those?)). Read his posts, most of what he is saying are positive comments, but whenever a point gets argued here, it is like you are defending your own actions in absurdum. I for one hate the turn this thread has taken, but come on, open your eyes. It is not that hard to see that everyone here thinks you did a good job at running the big event, accept that people, especially people that have been to the big shows in the past, will have opinions on how the race was done. Now, the proper way to handle this is to say something along the lines of, OK, point taken, we'll make a note of it for future reference, and consider it a day.Instead you jump on ammdrew as if it was a personal vendetta. His points are valid, if you run a roar national event, you can't bend the rules, you can't use your own rules, you play BY the rules. It is not that hard. When you run a club race, Richfield, Hobbytown, Tchr, even HoA (that tend to be somewhat relaxed about the rulebook as well), you can play by your own rules, that is all fine and dandy, sometimes even more fun than running at a big event, but simply because someone points out that a rule was overlooked does not mean you can jump all over him, especially when it is supposed to be the biggest carpet race of the season in the US. We are all Roar, Roar is us, so I do think that we all are entitled to have an opinion about how those rules should be reinforced. (What type of comment is "mind your own business" anyway?)We should make the Roar officials aware of when rules are not up to date, or are not pratical to follow, and it should not be discussed with the track, but with the roar official. Further, in my opinion, Ammdrew has made a great job by posting pictures of the race here and in other furums, promoting racing in Minnesota wherever possible. He went to the track every race day when he could make it, even tried to accommodate people's requests for specific pics etc. Is that a person that you consider a trouble maker? Or is it simply too hard for people's ego to take a step back and recognise when someone else has a true point, make necessary adjustments and move on. Before I read your last post I had made a descicion to not step into this again but you are way out of line on this one.

I think most people want to keep this forum a decent and civilized place to discuss R/C related topics, your post did really not belong at all, and prior to your post, neither did the one I am typing right now.

Over and out I guess....

Last edited by fmolzer; 03-13-2003 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

*yawn* darn i thought i was long winded
i personally dont see why this matter is being posted publically and not via e-mail.

if u could do better - you build a track and run it.

thanks gang at TCHR for doing your best for us
Old 03-13-2003, 05:36 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hey hey.. molzer keep it down, i did nothing involving anyone pit space nor was anyone more qualified to do any job....lets remove this argument from the threads.. we can do this off line, i posted that earliyer.... mark is a good guy and all of my conversations and dealings with him he has always had the racer in mind, yes we may not agree on aproach or path but the goal is the same..... so lets save the world the ugly stuff..k
Old 03-13-2003, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Amdrew Thanks and truce flag is up.

Fred - I can appreciate your stance in standing up for a friend. While my choice of wording may have been better, I have always been direct. To date I am not aware of one complaint, about the Nats, from a registered racer. Well one Factory driver kinda slaped me around a bit, but issue was handled.

My only point is the Roar Nats are behind us, lets move on to other issues. 60 degrees this weekend I smell nitro.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:06 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Talking

aggreed...
Old 03-13-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

gmain, ammdrew, averyone else, agreed. I read the debate here last night and, frankly got very emotional about some of the stuff that was being said. Let's just bury the dead, they stink... Let's move on and focus on making the 03 season the best one ever.

Nitro? where? I wanna go....
Old 09-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Lets get racing going.