Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
2003 Roar On-Road Carpet Nats at TCHR !!!! >

2003 Roar On-Road Carpet Nats at TCHR !!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2003 Roar On-Road Carpet Nats at TCHR !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 09:19 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I don't see the problem with slightly-less-than-8-foot lanes. Heaven forbid the track is actually challenging.

I don't think the announcers could have done too much to prevent traffic accidents in the lower mains. No one was about to pull over anywhere from what I saw. It was cutthroat blast-through-everybody racing, which is, from what I'm told, how most national events end up in the Stock classes.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Rahe, I did not intend to imply that you did not cater to everyone at the race, I followed the discussions about how you went out of your way to accommodate everyone for pit space etc. and, let me repeat myself, I think you did a good job running the race. But, as always and with everything that you or anybody else does, there is always room for improvement. (Just like on my car set-up). I think every racer in Minnesota should be grateful for what Tchr does for all of us, but that still does not mean that I can't express a few points of potential future improvement. And, on a more personal note, I don't think there is any reason for you to appologize for your skills as an announcer.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

i think the layout was awesome. i'll have to read the rules again, but i thought carpet tracks couldn't be narrow'r than 6', but apparently i'm wrong.

i sat very close to the announcer's booth and i don't think anyone would want the job ray had this past weekend. this was my first time to TCHR and though i had some minor issues, overall i think the race directing went fine. i commend ray for being there early and staying late so everything could be put in place.

so good luck finding a new building and i look forward to racing with you guys in October.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Can we have a group hug?

Kidding.. You guys did a great job with EVERYTHING! I think the layout was top notch and so was the officating and annoucing.. And damn did you guys do a good job to represent a positive MN experence.
Laterz,
SWG
Old 03-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think you guys did a great job this weekend and I had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to oktoberfast.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

6 ft contiuous for 1/12th

irrelavant at this point.......
Old 03-12-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TheBarber

so good luck finding a new building and i look forward to racing with you guys in October.
Nooo! You aren't going to have to move are you?
How can this be? What would anyone possibly want with a dead mini mall in a questionable neighborhood?
Old 03-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Everything can be improved on, like my driving . But overall it was a good race except for the kid who decided to do a 180 in front of me a second before the tones went off. Getting taken out right as the race starts sucks
Old 03-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Amdrew - I've been patient please mind your own business.

You didn't run at this race, and do not run electric. You were not the Roar official at this race, even though you made an attempt to be. You did take every chance you have had, to list off rules you think were broken. You called every Roar official you could, and listed these issues. You have attempted to discredit our track, and the way we ran this race.

Please move on and work on your own Summer Nitro program.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

man some people just cant go somwhere and have fun. it was a blast getting my butt kicked all weekend. i would have paid 60 bucks to just watch all weekend. i didnt see anyone jump up and offer to anyone and announce themselves if it was so bad. try running a race yourself once and see how it goes. my only downfall is i cant get there enough to race
Old 03-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by spongebob
xcept for the kid who decided to do a 180 in front of me a second before the tones went off. Getting taken out right as the race starts sucks
I was there for that.. and even me being a newbie at my first race new that that wasn't something you should do
Old 03-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Company Representative

Originally posted by Gmain
Amdrew - I've been patient please mind your own business.

You didn't run at this race, and do not run electric. You were not the Roar official at this race, even though you made an attempt to be. You did take every chance you have had, to list off rules you think were broken. You called every Roar official you could, and listed these issues. You have attempted to discredit our track, and the way we ran this race.

Please move on and work on your own Summer Nitro program.
lets see i think yea i started racing Electric in 1990, and until the nitro sedans got really good, around 2000 i was only racing electric....... i remember the first day dave kurshner came to the track...

I think i offered my services to ROAR as a fall back.. and yes i did talk with every excommm member on something that they did that was extremly out of line and still is, but that is between me and them.. and i kept it that way as i do not feel it will do any good out here...

this is not were you want to bring all this stuff up.. you have my phone and email.. it will not do you or any one else any good to make this a pissing match , i think if you reread my post they are all in your favor.. so i would watch how you critisize, i am not going to bend what a rulebook says just to make you happy, they are the rules but at the point, and i bielieve it is 10 minutes after the race if a racer has not done anything it is no longer a issue as it is up to the racers to take care of themselves... therefore they do not have a grip anymore.. how else can i say this so it makes sence?

lets see.. okay if you were to shy to complain about a issue at the race shut your mouth now as you are outside the bounds to fix it... is that more clear?

that does not mean that any issue someone had may not have been valid, and could make for a better program next time... that is what you need to take from this.. is what will make it better, not why are they attacking me, because as far as i can see, or read i should say no one is saying the track did a terrible job.. there is always going to be a issue, and there is always going to be a problem.. there is no reason to make them bigger than they are...

i have been here for 13 years and will proibably be here a while longer you might want to get use to me...
Old 03-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by spitfire
I was there for that.. and even me being a newbie at my first race new that that wasn't something you should do

Yea, I got over it. He must not have been paying attention and was trying to get lined up better. Whoever you were sorry for yelling at you, it was the end of a long week and my patience were pretty thin. $hit happens
Old 03-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Oh i think were all used to you,that in fact is where the problem is.Why should we have to get used to you,who are you?I mean you show up at the track or on various rc fourms,and start making comments about rules and whatever.Why,you dont think people actually pay any attention to you,do you?Other than to vent there frustrations on your constant ability to insert your nose ,where i dose not belong.Move on dude,dont you have like some kinda project you could be doing ?somewhere else?hint,hint...............
Old 03-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Company Representative

Andrew Mowery
[email protected]
I do not just show up occasionally, i race two to four national events a year, work very hard to promote local racing and donate time and money to make things better, I usually race at a minimum of once a week sometimes three times, i try to do the hoa series when ever possible, the richfield deal is a great deal( weekends are really hard for me), wed nights are my usuall racing in the summer locally and will be adding saturday evenings soon to the list. and i think the best thing we can do locally is create and maintain as many tracks as possible... the last thing i want to see is any form of racing go away.. it really hurt loosing national hobby last year, and the brainerd tracks demise almost destroyed the gas offroad racing... and we do not want to loose any tracks ever... in fact i think we would have more racers if there were more tracks....
I have been a roar member for hmm 6 maybe 7 years, have done atleats one national event every year for the past 5.
I only post the rules as they read and how they are interpreted usually at the big events, i am also on a roar committe for deciding upon the rules to put forward, so i take a active role in ensureing that things are done correctly and written fairly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.