Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onroad carpet racing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Onroad carpet racing...

Just checking if somebody have secret carpet onroad track some where in Minnesota. Is Duluth racing alive, any dates?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Jari, you should get an off-road Taxi Cab and race at TCHR. There is plenty of competition
Old 10-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jari

it looks like there going to start running the first weekend in november. but they havent said for shur yet. i will let you know as soon as i find out.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (99%+)

i am trying to get a club going on in the metro area. Just seeing if there is any intrest out there for it. The only thing is that we will have to set up and take down every time. Let me know if people are intrested.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

If i get a club going the class will be 1/10,1/12 and oval. we will run all the classes on the same day.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Have you touched bases with Dan at the Warehouse?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

he told jari that if we find a stop that he has the carpet
Old 10-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Don't get involved with or RELY on him for anything....words to the wise.

If they want a track let them build it/pay for it as they are one of only a few shops that benefit $$$ by having a track. As we have all seen, if the track isn't making enough money to sustain itself, it will CLOSE. I think its a better idea to support the guys up north and help them develop a good program.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Amendola

If they want a track let them build it/pay for it as they are one of only a few shops that benefit $$$ by having a track. As we have all seen, if the track isn't making enough money to sustain itself, it will CLOSE. I think its a better idea to support the guys up north and help them develop a good program.

Nice!!!!!!! All that they are trying to setup is a location where at track could be rolled out for a day of racing, not a permenant location.

Why give Dan shit, all he wanted to do was get local racing going. He works for the hobby shop, and does not benefit if a track is open. Should Dan have kept the track open when there were not enough people showing up to cover expenses. The track was not for profit.

Lets not race locally if we have a chance, we would all rather spend 5hrs on the road to race for a few hours.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

And this is the reason i quit carpet. We need a program like they have in Kansas City. One owner, One race director, And no bitching. Does anyone remember how great dueys was? Thats the way to do it.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Default grow up greg

hey greg you did not help the situation down there either!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Having been involved with this deal internaly and externaly I'll make a couple of points and shut up.

The only way a carpet or dirt track can survive is with a succesfull hobby shop attached. No offence to the guys that work at or run other hobby shops, but a track by its self cannot pay the rent.

People have used Trackside as an example, and Scotty couldn't survive without the hobby shop either.

So if a track is to open and survive the other hobby shops need to back off and support it. Not slam/undercut every attempt the tracks hobby shop undertakes to make a buck.

The regular racers need to realize that everything they do and say has an effect on the tracks chances for success. So to put it simply leave your petty differences at home. If you cannot say something nice about a fellow racer don't say anything.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
tmj
Tech Rookie

i would agree with you mark, that you have to have some other source of full time revenue to support a full time race facility(it doesnt necessarily need to be a hooby shop) however it doesnt mean that a group of racers couldn't put together a portable track.(check out the iroar site) they do it once or twice a month, rent affordable space for the day and run onroad,offroad and oval all in the same day. this kind of club style is all over the country in local areas where rc racing families just want to go and have fun
Old 11-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Thats true but if we all can't get along then you might as well forget any kind of racing.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:11 PM
tmj
Tech Rookie

peter, again being the (road) schloar that you are,that is the real issue at hand, without comradery it truely will be a dead issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.