R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing

Old 06-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default nitro tracks in the twin cities?

me and a friend are just getting into nitro rc's. we are plannin on hitting a race in july in foley? any way to cut to the point, we would like to get some practice time in on a track before hand. we will be in the twin cities area from the 1-3? something like that and are looking to find a place or tow, maybe three that we can unload our cars for a little bit! any help is awesome! thank you. i would search up a little, but im posting this off my cell phone and its kind of a pain!

thanks again!
pcxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My favorite place to practice is Rick's Hobby Farm, just outside New Richmond, WI. It's about 45 minutes from the Twin Cities. It is free and open 7 days a week. They have a forum on this board. They also just rebuilt the track.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If it is 1/8th scale that you have, and you just want to "scratch that itch" and do some bashing, there are many road construction sites in and around the metro area that will be unattended this holiday weekend, and could be losts of fun on a very large scale. Check the MN Dept of Trans web site. (mndot.gov ??) I think the sites are listed there. You could pull over, unload, and run for a bit. A policeman might stop and ask you to leave, but depending on where or how you have parked, I doubt you would have a problem.
Rufus2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

thank you TC!! ill look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus2010 View Post
If it is 1/8th scale that you have, and you just want to "scratch that itch" and do some bashing, there are many road construction sites in and around the metro area that will be unattended this holiday weekend, and could be losts of fun on a very large scale. Check the MN Dept of Trans web site. (mndot.gov ??) I think the sites are listed there. You could pull over, unload, and run for a bit. A policeman might stop and ask you to leave, but depending on where or how you have parked, I doubt you would have a problem.
wanna do some bashing this weekend? lol, right now i just have a nitro rustler, so its 1/10, but its all aluminum, so its my basher.
pcxl is offline   Reply With Quote