Silver Fox RC Raceway

Old 03-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Silver Fox RC Raceway

Sliver Fox RC Raceway
we are located 9 miles west of la crosse WI directions can be found on the flyer link below

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...1/track002.jpg

we had this flyer made mid-summer 2010.
comming this season:

expanding the main offroad track = our goal is a 1000ft + centerline while maintaining the 10 to 12ft lane widths

new short coarse/ dirt oval = size is yet to be determined but will accomadate both classes

track timer = we have purchesed and are in the procces of getting it working
(does not support personal transponders)

we are currently working out the the grand opening date
tenative race shedule is going to be every other saturday( there will be a race fee tbd)

practice times will be fri evenings and non race saturdays (no fee)

Please pm me here with any questions
mark
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Mark,

It is exciting tha someone in the area is getting a track up and running. I have been involved on & off in Rc racing for over 20 years and have always traveled hours to get to a track. I have several friends who have vehicles I know they would dust off if a quality race program got going. When do you plan on starting to do some running? Looks like the weather may finally be turning.......
Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eekern
Mark,

It is exciting tha someone in the area is getting a track up and running. I have been involved on & off in Rc racing for over 20 years and have always traveled hours to get to a track. I have several friends who have vehicles I know they would dust off if a quality race program got going. When do you plan on starting to do some running? Looks like the weather may finally be turning.......
We are open!!
the main off road track is done is complete and we have a few laps on it. before the last couple tweaks to help with drainage the track measured 972ft. all the lanes are 10ft. wide. we still need to finish pit lane, the track office. we have purposely left some of the jumps/features off of the track just because of the size it has grown to. there are still alot of elevation changes, off cambered corners(forces slide at speed), and the hardest thing to get used too for all that come out will be. this track does not on a grid system wear most of the lanes run either inline or parralell with the drivers stand. our lanes also run diagonal. which is tacking some getting used to.

the short corse/ dirt oval the general layout is done. we still need to get more pipe. and to smooth out and define the lanes on it better.

please feel free to come out and talk to myself or gregg(owner) and take a look. we are usally there friday afternoons working or prepping for saturday.otherwise come out saturday and at least say hello it would be great to have someone come out with your experience to give feedback on the track.
If you have any questions call or post it here. looking forward to seeing you at the track.
Mark
Old 05-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default vid of new track

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a short vid of our new offroad track for 2011.
lane width 10ft.
centerline length 975ft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QbRpl-MbA0
Old 05-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looks like a sweet track. Great Job!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That turned into a pretty large track. Nice work.

I got fam down that way. I'll be keeping on eye on when you guys are running.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr. Bubby
Looks like a sweet track. Great Job!
Originally Posted by dski
That turned into a pretty large track. Nice work.

I got fam down that way. I'll be keeping on eye on when you guys are running.
thank you for the positive feedback.
the biggest challenge we have right now besides the weather is getting people to come out and run. Remember there is no charge to use the track for practice. there will be a race fee once we get enough people comming out that want to race.
dski, we are roughly 2 hours from the twin cities. hope you can make it down.
Mark
Old 05-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default memorial day weekend

memorial day weekend hours:

Friday: 3 pm till dark
Saturday: 10 am till dark
Sunday: 10 am till dark
Monday: 10 am till dark

There will be No Charge to use the tracks all weekend!!!

the oval/s/c track has been completed!

we are thinking of having a grill out one of the days. let us know which day will work the best. we will pick the day thats most popular. either post here or send me a pm with the day you prefer.

Mark
Old 05-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Very nice looking track!!

Please make sure to let us know when the racing will officially fire up...I'm sure we can get a group of guys together from the Twin Cities to come down and play in the dirt with ya!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ya track looks amazing be fun to come down and run!!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default ohya

John and I were talking about packing up the canopies and generator and heading down this sat with as big a group we can gather.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnnyshore
Very nice looking track!!

Please make sure to let us know when the racing will officially fire up...I'm sure we can get a group of guys together from the Twin Cities to come down and play in the dirt with ya!
Originally Posted by Tennis91
ya track looks amazing be fun to come down and run!!
Originally Posted by Zach Peterson
John and I were talking about packing up the canopies and generator and heading down this sat with as big a group we can gather.
I wish i could give you all a date for an official race date. there has been no organized racing in this area before. so getting people here is our number 1 priority. if you can make the trip down we will be happy to discuss when and how often to hold races that you would want to come back for.

Zach and john if you can let us know by friday how many may be comming(the more the merrier). When i spoke with Gregg(track owner) tonight he is thinking about grilling hot dogs for those that come out and we are trying to get a sense of how much we need.
If you have any questions please feel free to call the number on the flyer or post/ pm me here hope to see you saturday
Mark
Old 05-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markkris
I wish i could give you all a date for an official race date. there has been no organized racing in this area before. so getting people here is our number 1 priority. if you can make the trip down we will be happy to discuss when and how often to hold races that you would want to come back for.

Zach and john if you can let us know by friday how many may be comming(the more the merrier). When i spoke with Gregg(track owner) tonight he is thinking about grilling hot dogs for those that come out and we are trying to get a sense of how much we need.
If you have any questions please feel free to call the number on the flyer or post/ pm me here hope to see you saturday
Mark
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, after talking with some of the interested parties, there were too many time constraints and too short of a notice to manage a trip down this weekend.

We DEFINITELY want to make a trip down soon...probably looking at the middle to end of June, based on other races we'll be attending locally.

Thanks,

John
Old 05-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

john
yeah i realize it was short notice,and it seems the days of just picking up and going some where with out planning is getting harder for all of us(maybe thats where some of the fun in life has gone?). keep us posted when your going to make the trip down.
looking forward to slinging some dirt with ya
Mark
Old 06-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Register and post this up on mnnitroseries.com i'm guessing there will be a few interested parties.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.