Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Fox RC Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Little slow

Sorry guys I should keep a closer eye on this. I think by the end of the day tomorrow, I will be the only one able to still even wear a hat!! Not sure if I or Jake is more excited about tomorrow yet but I am sure we will be there plenty early to help out if we can. I got an email that my SMC batteries that those have shipped, but wont be here till Tuesday so I will get by with the 2 shorty packs for the buggy and Greg is letting Jake borrow one for the SCT. Just now got home from 14.5 hour day and hope to get the lawn mowed before the need for sleep catches up. Hope the weather holds out for us tomorrow. See ya then and there. And again to both of you and Greg if he reads it, THANKS A MILLION for being a good, fun, helpful, welcoming group. Maybe someday I can enter the hat contest with you guys. Pro-lines didn't show in mail today so I will be little slow till the next race.
Kris
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

theres always room for more in the hat race!...lol
hopefully the rain ends shortly, but its not looking good on the radar
Old 05-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rainy Day!! 5-26-13

We held out for a while then a few left, then a few more left and finally it started to look like there might be a small chance, the rain actually stopped for a few minutes and we all went to work trying to get the track close to useable, then the rain started again. The next 5 days don't look to good either. The orange tarp ya see under the drivers stand was a great idea and served its purpose of keeping stuff dry, but just kinda sucked that we even had to do it. Oh well we will hope for a little sunshine here and there and maybe a 1/2 dry track for next weekend, or maybe the one after that.... Here is a pic of the optimistic remaining few. Thanks a million to Greg for breaking out the waterproof stuff and letting us try to dry the track via rally car. When a wide open throttled 4WD goes power sliding thru the muddy corner, Jake learned that was no place to stand. I sent him to the crick to clean up after but he did have a great fun day anyways.
Attached Thumbnails Silver Fox RC Raceway-rainy-rc-day.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default make up race

Originally Posted by Blackpearl#1
We held out for a while then a few left, then a few more left and finally it started to look like there might be a small chance, the rain actually stopped for a few minutes and we all went to work trying to get the track close to useable, then the rain started again. The next 5 days don't look to good either. The orange tarp ya see under the drivers stand was a great idea and served its purpose of keeping stuff dry, but just kinda sucked that we even had to do it. Oh well we will hope for a little sunshine here and there and maybe a 1/2 dry track for next weekend, or maybe the one after that.... Here is a pic of the optimistic remaining few. Thanks a million to Greg for breaking out the waterproof stuff and letting us try to dry the track via rally car. When a wide open throttled 4WD goes power sliding thru the muddy corner, Jake learned that was no place to stand. I sent him to the crick to clean up after but he did have a great fun day anyways.

We will be making up last sundays rainout this sunday! 6-2 ,1pm start please register by 12:30
Old 06-02-2013, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default Looks Great

Was at track for a while last night and Greg and Mark had made some great changes-updates. Looking forward to today's racing with great track conditions. Good luck to all, and HAVE FUN!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default NOT SO SMART!!!!

Was a great day at the track today and I took a bunch of great pics, came home and deleted all the ones that we didn't want, then proceeded to delete ALL THE GOOD ONES TOO!!!! Thanks to everyone there that made it a great day for even us entry level guys and for the help taking pics too. Will do my best to get the next ones on here. Apologies to all.
Kris
Old 06-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

a quick reminder to all. this sunday is a regular race day!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Just made the decision to call off racing today. due to the rain last night and the rain falling now its to wet.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So..... do we know if last week is going to be made-up this coming sunday (the 16th.)??? or is it just a lost race?

(I mean, it is Father's day... and some of us *cough cough* have fathers who don't play with toy cars.) I'll be working on the ole' fart to see if maybe we can go chase a little white ball early in the morning or something like that... rather than a lunch.

PS. Even though Kris isn't to GURU level of digital cameras yet; I did manage to snag a couple pics of the day, and Kris used my phone to video the end of raceday Tom-foolery...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

thanx for posting the pics ben.
As of right now i believe we are planning on making up the race this sunday. maybe you should try to get him to race the slash on sunday. just a thought
Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by markkris
1: thanx for posting the pics ben.

2: As of right now i believe we are planning on making up the race this sunday.

3: maybe you should try to get him to race the slash on sunday. just a thought

1: You're welcome.

2: WE ARE IN-DEED racing for a "rain-date" on father's-day. (Confirmed w/ Greg via phone last night.)

3: who is "him"? ---bet your sweet Key-ster Ima' race the slash.
the last races were odd... I had like 100% backward treads or something...
Qual 1... 2nd to last...
Qual 2... Quit....
Main... Winner-Winner Chicken-Dinner! It's all about tires.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I will deff be comin out sometime this summer. Whats working for tires?
Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hoese37
It really depends on the day(how damp/dusty the track is.)

What trucks do you have that you'd like to run?

What tires do you have for them?

On an average day:
For my
-mini revo; i really like the goosebumps
-2wdSC subcultures or aka enduros in the rear, bar codes in front.
-4x4SC I just got into but my early favorite has been the goosebumps again.
-1/8 buggy there are lots of guys running different tires with deep pins. (Crime fighter, venom 45s, schumacher spirals,) and lots also run a moderate pin(sweep exagon, caliber, recoil, snipers, double dees)

But like i said, really depends on the moisture in the dirt.

-Cant wait to see another rc addict out for therapy.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by erevo1*16
1: You're welcome.

2: WE ARE IN-DEED racing for a "rain-date" on father's-day. (Confirmed w/ Greg via phone last night.)

3: who is "him"? ---bet your sweet Key-ster Ima' race the slash.
the last races were odd... I had like 100% backward treads or something...
Qual 1... 2nd to last...
Qual 2... Quit....
Main... Winner-Winner Chicken-Dinner! It's all about tires.
who is him? your dad bring him out and give him the slash for the day.

winner winner chicken dinner... really think you've taken the lead in the hat race again. i may have found a trophy for that race as well...

though i think I've got through my set up issues and i should be able to switch ends of the finishing order.
Attached Thumbnails Silver Fox RC Raceway-big_cowboy_hat.jpg  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hoese37
compound helps a lot too. our track is black dirt, no clay anywhere. it seems like the dryer track gets the harder the compound. i mostly run mediums, also have soft and hard. i tried super soft in the same tread as a set of mediums i have and hated it. but driving style is a big part of it.

feel free to ask any other questions

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.