Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
Minnesota State On Road Championship / World of wheels  2011 >

Minnesota State On Road Championship / World of wheels 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minnesota State On Road Championship / World of wheels 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Unfortunately, my decision to not attend the World of Wheels was due to Conner's lack of school effort and BAD grades last semester. Parental discipline! And, I can't see going alone because racing is mainly for and with him.

Also, in light of this spring's expected flooding, my duties with the sheriffs office require me to be available and help with these natural disaster situations starting this Saturday.

I hope it's a great race. Maybe next year will be able to make it.

Allan

Last edited by Centerline Racing; 03-23-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Can anyone confirm my sign-up online? I'd like to swap 12th stock for VTA.

PM or email me. Looking forward to attending my first WOW race.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Amendola
I'd like to swap 12th stock for VTA.
Cmon! Who's gonna beat Wiita then?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WGT is the biggest class at the Nats this wknd and we dont have any running in MN? I will be running one next year and I am sure a few others will too! Would be nice to be running the same batts and motors in WGT and 1/12 just like the rest of the country!
All packed and ready to rollout Friday morning!
See you all soon.....
BB
Old 03-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wildman
WGT is the biggest class at the Nats this wknd and we dont have any running in MN? I will be running one next year and I am sure a few others will too! Would be nice to be running the same batts and motors in WGT and 1/12 just like the rest of the country!
See you all soon.....
BB
Wgt just never took off here. We do a lot of things the rest of the country doesn't do anymore but it seems to be working for now anyways.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

See you all soon.....
BB
We run sedans on foam tires too unlike the rest of the country.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

See you all soon.....
BB
And truly, it's a better deal, big picture. Most WGT guys seem to be 1/12 fans. There is some parts interchangeability between the two cars if you go with matching brands. It's a big 1/12th car. 13.5, 1s, not to outrageous, but still PLENTY fast enough. Lot's of tire on the ground and cars that work great with low maintenance and setup.

and, AND, they help get the groove up to code more quickly.

I think some of the best races I've been involved in the last 3 years have all been in WGT. Not as finicky about setup as 1/12th either. I don't know that I've even tweaked mine this entire season.

Kind of a shame if you guys aren't doing it. It's a super fun class with less work than 1/12th or touring.

Originally Posted by haywood
Wgt just never took off here. We do a lot of things the rest of the country doesn't do anymore but it seems to be working for now anyways.
I would also add that doing what the rest of the country is doing encourages people to travel. When we were looking at the Minnesota state on-road champs race. First thing we noticed, no WGT, Mini wasn't what others were doing and VTA was 1s?!?! Open 12th instead of 13.5 or 10.5 like every place else. I'm not saying any of this is wrong, but most people racing aren't doing those classes so it makes your ability to pull racers even harder. So you're back to racing the same guys again, like a big club race... Where's the fun in that.

BUT, I will also say that you absolutely SHOULD be doing whatever works for your guys locally. If people demanded 1s VTA and your pulling big racer numbers, then good for you guys for being pro-active. If open 1/12th pulls more than 13.5 then once again, good job on reading the crowd. Gotta do what works and brings in the car count.

just makes it harder for folks that are interested in traveling to a big show.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sorry Guys

Unfortunately RJ and I won't be making the trip this year either. He's definately bummed, but understands.

We did a lot of winter traveling around Region 5 and had fun and was looking forward to our 2nd trip to the DECC. We just can't justify the time away this year and would have to close the shop/track for 3 days to attend.

Mark S should be on his way sometime Friday I believe, so someone from down here will at least be up there.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wild_bill
Cmon! Who's gonna beat Wiita then?
Uh.... ME!

WINNING!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Witta VS Gubbs Tuff one but your not racing each other
Track is all set up. First half of the track is pretty fast ,second half is technical.
Very nice lay out by Witta.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikesbrother
Witta VS Gubbs Tuff one but your not racing each other
Lol, with Mitch, sweeny, bohlman, Billy and bahner in the field, I'll be happy with a top 5.

Thanks to everyone that came to help at the decc last night! The track came
together awesome!!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

I haven't been able to find info on how to get into the DECC yet. What door do we go in? Is there anything we saw to the ticket people to get in? Can we park somewhere near where we go in to unload? Stuff like that.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

I wasn't sure if I'd pre-registered (ADD sucks) so I tried it again this morning. The site didn't really respond when I clicked on submit, so if you see about 4 entries from me, that's why.

In case my entries didn't make it in...

Marshall Skare
Stock Sedan
Old 03-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Preach on bob! Every time I bring something up like rubber tc I'm almost crucified for it. Lol
Old 03-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

See you all soon.....
BB
Brian, when it comes to R/C in Minnesota it's like we are our own little world of RC. WE ARE MINNESOTA, WE ARE NOT LIKE.....ANYBODY ELSE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.