Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
Genesis R/C Raceway: Marshall Madness Carpet Race March 4-6, 2011 >

Genesis R/C Raceway: Marshall Madness Carpet Race March 4-6, 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Genesis R/C Raceway: Marshall Madness Carpet Race March 4-6, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default March 4-6th, 2011

Ok here are some answers to questions: NEW RACE DATE MARCH 4-6, 2011
1. Ride Height for foam touring car is 4mm with weight of 1380 grams

2. Rubber touring car will be changed from open ESC to blinky mode.

3. Pit room. There is plenty of room. In fact Bob if you want to pack in 8 foot table just for yourself go ahead there is plenty of room.

4. Race Date: Due to Minnesota State high school Hockey tournament moved to Marshall Hotel rooms will be tough to come by I found out yesterday. With MMR racing the 13th so that weekend is out. So the new Date is March 4-6, 2011. The website has been updated but the promo video has not changed at this point but it does have a note above it that shows the dates have changed.

5. Marshall Madness 2011 will be a money race with payouts to 1st-3rd of the A-Main the 1st place lower main winners. Payout amount are based on entries into that class for the race.

6. The tech procedures will run for the most part identical to Prairie knight’s classic race. The “checkers” system seems to be very productive and keeping the program running and fair.

7. There is still a practice day for Saturday February 26th. more info here: http://www.genesisrcraceway.com/raceway.html

8. Lastly if anyone has made plans already for March 18-20th I’m sorry for the date change but from my seat with the hockey tournament moved to Marshall and hotels hard to come by this seems like the only option at this point. Again sorry about this, Brandon

http://www.genesisrcraceway.com/raceway.html
Old 02-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Default Mini Cooper specs

Box stock except open suspension and bearings.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Default marshall madness

We already have a modified class for 12th scale. what do you think about running the stock class in blinky mode?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Leave it open.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to see stock/17.5 be a stock class and not a speedo war! I vote for blinky! I realy liked the Prairie Nights format and its what everyone is running at the national level!
BB
Old 02-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Stock is always the most exspensive class to race.
Open speedo makes it the most even I have ever seen it.
Yea drivers can tune themselves in and out... Same with tire, spring, compound. Blinky brings back motor of the week. Battery of the week. Splitting teeth to get perfect roll.. Etc. Always same game in stock just choose which part to fiddle with... Gear, motor, battery, motor settings. Some are clicks of a button others are dollars and cents.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I vote for open speedo. Just because that's what we have been running all year and what most of the antendees are used to. Only because a Lot
of guys would have to purchase a whole new assortment of gears. I would like to see blinky in the future though. Just my opinion.

Last edited by WIITA; 02-14-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Changing rules always costs more money...
Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wildman
I would like to see stock/17.5 be a stock class and not a speedo war! I vote for blinky! I realy liked the Prairie Nights format and its what everyone is running at the national level!
BB
Next year sir bohlman next year.

Mod 12th scale will be gone and rubber sedan will rise to power!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Double post, WHOOPS
Old 02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Default 12th scale stock

I think at this point so late in the game keeping the 12 stock open speedo is good call here. In the future i think blinky is way to go but for this race open is what we need to do. Thanks for everyone input i enjoy healthly conversations on here.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brandon,
This is your race and I will run what ever classes you offer, but I just need to say what I have to say! lol
Running blinky ONLY makes the racing closer and does not favor the motor or the battery of the week and I have proven it. Open speedo only favors those who have the time to test and test and test and test speedo settings!
I have been running a non tuned 17.5 that I purchased from Horizon all year and I have done ok in the boosted class but have won twice in blinky? why? I have tried many speedo setups including the setups Wiita is running and they are not fast for me. Everyone has a different driving style, car setup and to run boosted it requires lots and lots of testing to find the right one for you. This is why Dumas runs a different setup than Lia and so on...
I find it funny how some drivers that are running at MMR 17.5 boosted have waaay faster cars than mine, but when we ran blinky at Prairie Nights I was faster and was running the same motor i have all year? This tells me I need to spend some time getting the right boosted setup for my driving style and has nothing to do with my box stock motor or battery!
17.5 blinky is waaaay easier for anyone to race and be competitive in due to only having to change roll out to get on pace! No testing speedo after speedo setups for every track size and layout.
Sorry to go on about this but we need to get on board what is being raced around the states and what is easier for getting NEW drivers to run the class not what will make the fast guys faster!
Here I will make it simple for everyone to run Blinky. If your running a Tekin Speedo on a 48x96 open flowing track r/o is 98 with 8deg of motor timing or r/o 100 with 0 motor timing....If the track is tighter or smaller gear down 1-2 teeth. Simple!
See you all soon:-)
BB
Now everyone can go fast!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Brandon,
This is your race and I will run what ever classes you offer, but I just need to say what I have to say! lol
Running blinky ONLY makes the racing closer and does not favor the motor or the battery of the week and I have proven it. Open speedo only favors those who have the time to test and test and test and test speedo settings!
I have been running a non tuned 17.5 that I purchased from Horizon all year and I have done ok in the boosted class but have won twice in blinky? why? I have tried many speedo setups including the setups Wiita is running and they are not fast for me. Everyone has a different driving style, car setup and to run boosted it requires lots and lots of testing to find the right one for you. This is why Dumas runs a different setup than Lia and so on...
I find it funny how some drivers that are running at MMR 17.5 boosted have waaay faster cars than mine, but when we ran blinky at Prairie Nights I was faster and was running the same motor i have all year? This tells me I need to spend some time getting the right boosted setup for my driving style and has nothing to do with my box stock motor or battery!
17.5 blinky is waaaay easier for anyone to race and be competitive in due to only having to change roll out to get on pace! No testing speedo after speedo setups for every track size and layout.
Sorry to go on about this but we need to get on board what is being raced around the states and what is easier for getting NEW drivers to run the class not what will make the fast guys faster!
Here I will make it simple for everyone to run Blinky. If your running a Tekin Speedo on a 48x96 open flowing track r/o is 98 with 8deg of motor timing or r/o 100 with 0 motor timing....If the track is tighter or smaller gear down 1-2 teeth. Simple!
BB
+1
Old 02-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Brandon,
BB
Think what you want, your getting beat the same open speedo or blinky. In the end the driver makes the car. You have this idea that your car was standing still at MMR last time but in reality, it wasent. You ran the same lap times as everyone else just could not do it for the entire race.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kave
Think what you want, your getting beat the same open speedo or blinky. In the end the driver makes the car.
I'm gonna respectfully disagree. I've been one of the guys that has done a poor job of setting up an open speedo. As an example, I was getting KILLED in WGT at the Prairie Knights race. Pulled 30 feet on an 80 foot straight and passed everywhere, at any time. I was truly in the way and my motor was 240 degrees with a conservative roll out. Cookie looked at my speedo settings, proclaimed them junk and put in something better. Next run, I went from 18th to 3rd qualifier with a 140 degree motor. 1/2 a second behind Cookie, and Randy.

Sure, you still have to drive it... But I was COMPLETELY tuned out of the hunt (nobody to blame but my own ignorance). And no amount of driving can compensate for what I had going on. I ran the error correction numbers and nobody in the top 10 was driving as accurately as I was from the 18th qualifier spot. What I had was being driven to it's potential, at that time.

What I had was wrong speedo settings, and there was nothing I could do about it but watch and ask questions. Blinky would have solved that.

Same problem in foam touring. We thought it was 13.5 Blinky, and we were getting KILLED for speed by open speedo 17.5 dudes!!! WTH?!? I had Bohlman tell me what he thought I was doing wrong, tuned the ESC, put in a 17.5 and I found 2 laps and TQ'd the next run with a slower motor.

If you don't have a home track, place to practice, gobs of spare time or generous friends, you will suffer with open speedo stuff. And it's unique to the driver just like Brian mentioned as some guys are easy on the trigger, some not.

I didn't realize how important it was until last week. I guess I was kind of in a rut and maybe even potentially lazy with that part of my racing program. It took me a hard week of fiddling here and testing and making a few laps and pulling a car and testing (for a week). I think I'm narrowing in on some setups that will help me...FINALLY. Even a few points in boost in either direction cost me 2/10ths. You gotta know that stuff. I made 1500 laps just yesterday testing. It takes time. A car I like that steers well, pushes for my son Randon. different driving styles.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 02-16-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.