Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minneapolis Off-Road

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

S&N's Trackside was successful because everyone chipped in and helped out. It was a racetrack built by racers for racers. Scott can attest to that because when he first started it out after buying the place on Bradley from Joel Gish, he was a racer himself. He made it to Tamiya Japan and he was a racer, just like all of us...but he knew the ropes and jumps of the business because he was a racer. Not that the owner of MMR aren't racers, it's really that racers in the Twin Cities don't go and support the hobby. Not a consistent number turnout is the issue. I have seen many advertisement put up by MMR, Andrew have listened to the racers who attend and have met most all request. If you wanted something and if he didn't have it, it would be there end of the week if not sooner. So how do we all keep a track like this going....go support by racing it, or else everyone's just going to keep their nice looking toys on the shelf as beauty queens that never got the chance. Come on people, you should all understand Disney's Toy Stories. They need to be played with, not just laid around like some junk.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 22Racer
Charlie at Tea's is going to set up an offroad track on his oval this winter. He was talking Tues. nights but I think he should at least do once a month on a Sunday if it has intrest.

Rex
O RLY???
Old 08-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default OFF-ROAD

Would some sort of club or series just for electric vehicles work in the summer? What are your thoughts?
Old 08-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

+1 for what N2Deep said. I'm glad that we have MMR. They really run a great event. Let's all be happy we have them, and support them by showing up.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Hobby Shop

I am coming up for the XFest this weekend and wanted to know of a hobby shop in the Minneapolis area that carries Losi 8ight T 2.0 stuff. I need a couple of items that won't get here in time. Your help is appreciated. An email to [email protected] would be very helpful.

Thanks all....
Old 08-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Reno,

Try calling R/C Car Kings in Burnsville, MN. They would be the only shop that may have what your looking for.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Would some sort of club or series just for electric vehicles work in the summer? What are your thoughts?
I'm not sure what percentage of racers in the MNRC run both nitro and electric, but that might be a factor to consider if the idea of an "electric only" series gain momentum. It would be unfortunate to take some racers from the Nitro Series and move them to an electric only series, and have lower turnouts for both.

Maybe the solution is to have an "evolution" of sorts, and have the Nitro Series become more of an all inclusive travelling series? Maybe run electric races on Saturday, and nitro races on Sunday (or the other way around)?

There's no doubting the fact that electric racing is exploding...and it's only going to get stronger.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnnyshore
I'm not sure what percentage of racers in the MNRC run both nitro and electric, but that might be a factor to consider if the idea of an "electric only" series gain momentum. It would be unfortunate to take some racers from the Nitro Series and move them to an electric only series, and have lower turnouts for both.

Maybe the solution is to have an "evolution" of sorts, and have the Nitro Series become more of an all inclusive travelling series? Maybe run electric races on Saturday, and nitro races on Sunday (or the other way around)?

There's no doubting the fact that electric racing is exploding...and it's only going to get stronger.
I love the Nitro Series but here is the issue. Let say you run SC truck and 1/8e as classes you are done Saturday night with SC truck and then have to spend the night and wait till 2:00 the next day to run again for 12 minutes. I know this is the Nitro Series and electrics are not as important but I can't imagine that they would want to lose 6 or 7 heats of vehicles. I think we could come to another arrangement.

Last edited by haywood; 08-31-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnnyshore

I think you'd meet a lot of resistance to separating out the nitro and electric mains to separate days, although I like the idea personally. What they might go for is running all the electric mains on Saturday though. This depends on the lighting conditions at the host tracks, which vary as you've seen.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I plan on having an electric 1/8 for next year as well, I like the whole camping thing and do not mind staying til Sunday, but getting electric done at a decent time in the am sounds good to me. I like to get home at a decent time Sunday to get something done and hang with the wife and kid. No sense splitting up, that would be dumb. More racers at one event the better in my book.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

...and then have to spend the night and wait till 2:00 the next day to run again for 12 minutes.
That part is tough...basically the first half of the day is shot waiting for a single 10-12 minute race. Even if we could run the electric mains right away on Sunday morning, and get out the door before lunch would be good.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

A few racers posted and talked of starting an electric only series each of the last 3 years and that is as far as its gotten.

The Minnesota Nitro Series has added some electric classes this year to have some classes available to those that want to race in the series.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff Ford
A few racers posted and talked of starting an electric only series each of the last 3 years and that is as far as its gotten.

The Minnesota Nitro Series has added some electric classes this year to have some classes available to those that want to race in the series.
So would that be a big NO to any format changes for the 2011 season?
Old 08-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So would that be a big NO to any format changes for the 2011 season?
Discussions have just started about next season. I do not see any major changes to the Minnesota Nitro Series format. The decicsions we make are for the series as a whole not individuals. Some are not liked by a few but thats the way it goes, can't please everybody just have to do the best we can at pleasing the majority..

I think 1-day electric series is a great idea, with the shorter than typical Nitro mains and a fairly early start it can happen, just need racers/people to step up to make it happen. Years ago we use to have a Fargo-Twin Cities challenge series over the summer of 2 races at Fargo and 2 in Ostego at Minne-Golf and Hobby.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

If all of the electric racing was done on saturday, myself and a few others would take part. With having a family it's simply not possible to devote one full weekend a month to race a couple electric heats and one main.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.