Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 10:23 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

greg, the closest foam in qualifying behind me was at 21 laps.... and i agree the foam work better, but fyi, i have never trued a tire after it went on the car, just wore it down to the rim and i usualy get 4-5 weeks of racing out of a set...

http://www.mytsn.com/tracks/track.asp?cid=881

check the link...
if you sighn up and become a track member...it is free...and they do not send you junk, atleast they have not in two years... you can post reports, write forums and put pics and stuff up... just thought i would let you know, maybe next week we can get a few more pictures posted.... would be good.......

it is a shame national went under they were perfect for the begginner.. and i actually think we are too at hobbytown. we just neeed them to try alot of people are afraid of a race track??? not sure why it is the best place to learn.......but i understand..

the hideaway deal is to help the sport evolve, and give us a place to run larger cars if we wish ie 1/8 235 etc...... the closeest track i know of is over 800 miles away... i think we have enough racers that have evolved to the skill and knowledge base that we would greatly benifit from a large fast sweeping course with no walls......but it is up to us to mka eit happen
Old 05-16-2002, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Tires.....Roar says foam or rubber. Run what you want and quit bitchin. Enough said on that topic and I agree with Greg on all points.

I had a blast last night my GT4 was handling just great although the foams could have been a bit softer. The NTC3's looked a bit twitchy but I'm assuming the car will get better once people start dialing in the setup.

Andrew, nice work on the track and the sugar water definetely helped. I'm looking forward to another exciting season of nitro and it looks like the field is growing.

Shawn....I'd be willing to help out with a weekend series. Some things to consider.......track construction, $, timing equip, location, etc......

Later
Stephen Poles
"LooseCannon"
Old 05-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

I have only run foams, are they THAT much better

If they are, why doesn't everyone run 'em. Nobody at Hobbytown is such a good driver that they don't need an advantage.

I like foams 'cuz I'm cheap. I was driving the General Lee last night, sliding all over, and the Ellegi 35's seem none the worse after the abuse. I might make a month with 'em.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:46 AM
Company Representative

who went to brainerd and how did you do???
Old 05-23-2002, 06:31 AM
Company Representative

hideaway open track this saturday............... come and check it out, take a look runf your car around see what all the hype is about...... looks to be a great deal... 10 to 12 saturday........... email me for directions if needed [email protected]

also there is a new track coming in the beging of june.. in richfield.. running sundays this looks very prommising.. stay tuned and post any info you may have.. i will try and scan the flier.... so you can download it.... easy......
Old 05-23-2002, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Ammdrew...

Was last night perfect or what? I think the Gods wanted us to have a rain free night last night because it started raining right as we were putting away the track! Next week I will be bringing the gas grill again so anyone who reading and racing at Hobbytown... Bring your grill goodies!

Yes, June 2 will be the start of hopefully a fruitful quest to racing on sundays. The track will be located at The Transmission Shop in Richfield, just a stone throw away from Hobby Warehouse, on 69th street and Hwy 77 Frontage road. Racing starts @ 2:00. All classes are welcome. For questions call the warehouse!
SWG
Old 05-23-2002, 07:16 AM
Company Representative

swg, you may want to post on the trinity website.... is the warehouse helping to make this happen????
Old 05-23-2002, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Couldn't run last night since it was our anniversary. Who won? Did anyone break out their GT4Rs? Were people whining about foam tires again?

Let me know.
LC
Old 05-23-2002, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are the richfield races gonna be hosted by The Warehouse ?!? How about transponders ? Who is going to be directing the show ? Sounds like fun having some nitro racing on the south side again.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Nope ..Just the privateers running this one!

If you want more info. Call Gordy Perham at the transmission shop. As far as transponders go. It has not been addressed yet.
Any Hobby Shop help is appreciated and encouraged! We are going to be using some material similiar to Hobby town for track boarders. As far as a drivers stand, unsure there too. I think that it might be possible for us to get the HOA folks involved since they need a venue for there upcoming event here in the cities. But who knows?
Btw: This will be on a newly paved surface.. so the electric guys can't say it is too rough! LOL ..
SWG
Old 05-23-2002, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You might steal Dan from Hobby Towns trailer concept. I'm thinking you can find a used flat trailer fairly cheap, and get a few volunteers for some hammer swinging.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Company Representative

dan uses a modified car trailer... so a similar trailer would cost used a 1000.00 plus the build up...... and you do need that mutch trailer if you plan on moving it , but from the sounds of it they may ne able to build a permanant or movable stand at the track whitch would be mutch cheaper and easyier to deal with........... don't forget to show up saturday and check out hideaway
Old 05-23-2002, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

I can bring you a 48 foot skateboard (flatbed) if you want.

How are the nitro TC3's working out?
Old 05-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm a relative newbie but I was very pleased with my Nitro TC3. Most of my time (and Andrew's and others) we're focused on tuning my new engine so I haven't exactly "pushed" the car yet. The car was a little loose and wanted to oversteer exiting corners so I'll be spending the next week learning how to tune it. After bouncing off a couple of boards, it did appear to be durable with no apparent breaking or tweaking.

I would post my set-up but I think it would cause more harm than good.

A special thanks goes to Andrew and several of the other racers for helping me out during my first race (in 14 years). I would have been sitting on the sidelines without everyone's generosity -- Thanks.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:51 AM
Company Representative

we will probably be wishing you were on the sidelines in a few weeks when you are spanking my butt......

it is everybodys interest to help others especially the new guys....... it is alot more fun when we are all on the same level...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.