Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 07:29 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

sad .... hopfully it will hold for us.. first race of the season and boy it does feel late.............................
Old 05-15-2002, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

what kinds of cars are u guys running? yok's, ae, trinity?
Old 05-15-2002, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

James you name it and it probably will be running there.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:49 AM
Company Representative

serpent
Old 05-15-2002, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Rain or no rain ..That is the question

I think I am jinxed. I think we are going to get rained on guys!
Damn!
Old 05-15-2002, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Yokomo......i'm going to pray now (no rain!!!)
Old 05-15-2002, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default Weather

From weather.com. It looks like we may get a shower around 5pm. But should be over quickly.....please oh please setup the track! I'll help take it down.
Attached Thumbnails Nitro Anyone?-us_mps_closeradar_large_usen.jpg  
Old 05-15-2002, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Yeah .. Well if it rains I think it maybe time to freakin go postal!

I hope too that they set-up the track. My problem it mainly with the traffic going to Minnetonka, then finding out they cancelled. So yes I hope too that they still try to get it going! Even with a little rainstorm.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

I've been checking the radar like every 5 mins. Its definitely heading NE looks like Isanti and Cambridge are going to get most of the rain. We may get some brief rain but it looks like we may get lucky.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Track is being set up. Should be ready by 3:30pm. I'm going early to practice cause I don't think we'll be racin'. Darn Minnesota weather.
Old 05-16-2002, 05:51 AM
Company Representative

wow great night.. we sure got lucky....

owwwwwwww my finger hurts.......

okay.. hideaway track will be open on saturday the 25th of may.... 10:00 to 12:00....... open track make a date to come and see, or just cruze the oval....

okay for those of you who are doubting this facility... last year i aproached the owner and asked him what it would take to put a roadcourse into the oval... after some discussion and a few talks, we camre to a deal that sounded more than fair, what he was asking for is a commitment from us to come and race, offering all the free practise we could muster in the first year, and prepay 10 race entrys, these would not expire and or would be tranferable,,, and i thought wow what a deal, the guy would run the race , build the infield, and we would have a excellent permanant track... okay i will work on it..........

some of the other arguments are it is a long ways away, and i agree it is a long drive, but i tell you what , if we were to setup and run our own races somewere on a saturday, that would be a lot of time and effort for a few...ie i showed up at the track at 1:30 dan and i had a raceable track at 4:00 ... i could of drove to and from hideaway twice in that time period. this would not be a replacement for wed night just a suppliment everyother week, on a lot larger scale....... please if you are having doubts or questions email me or call [email protected] 612-251-8267
Old 05-16-2002, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default A central located track

Ammdrew
Dont ya know that those NTC3's bite?
Congrates goes to Mr Loose Canon who took his first win ever!
But next week I am pulling out the big gun ..be very aware! I may have to change my then to outta control!

Last Night, admittely I felt kinda one the spot and really couldn't think of a very valid reason why I couldn't spend the 150.00 in money it would take to get the track started in Isanti. but now that I had the chance to think it over, and Yes I see what Ammdrew is posting is a good deal. My problem as stated was the distance factor. For most poeple that shouldnt be a problem. Then it hit me, only reason I was thinking that a another parking event was needed in the twin cities..was a need for centrally located event to draw racers of all types. As much as we would like to look at this hobby as an adult sport, I am thinking most parents would not want to drive that distance for thier kids. My focus is on drawing the most people in a high traffic area. I believe that is why the national venue and hobbytown venue have been so popular. I am not saying hideaway is a bad idea, but it will only cater to those few who know it is there.
With that in mind, If anyone know someone who has a "smooth asphalt parking lot" that they would like to "rent or donate" for a saturdays for the summer. Please email me. @ [email protected]. Yes I am willing to donate a few hours of my time to get this done every saturday, but I think it will be worth it! And for anyone else out there that would like to help, also let me know.
Thanks,
Shawn Carroll
The man with the biting TC3
Old 05-16-2002, 06:41 AM
Company Representative

and it bites hard
Old 05-16-2002, 07:21 AM
Company Representative

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=5224

check this out, it is last nights track
Old 05-16-2002, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Racing last night

I think a good time was had by all which is the most important. Some people knocked off some rust, myself included...but I thought the racing was close and for the most part very clean.

As far as results, I tq'd with 22 5:07 in Rubber and took second in the main but was the highest placing rubber tire car at 21 laps. Stephen(sp?) got first, and his car looked really good with 22 laps in the main.

For Foam, Andrew had a 24 lap pace for Tq, but I'm unsure where others fell. For Rubber, I came in at 22 5:07.00, Shawn had a 22 5:07.74, and Jeff Brustad had a 22 5:07.80. I'm certain the rubber tires have at least a good 23 in them, but the surface was still a bit dirty in places making spin-outs a popular item. Laying down the sugar water certainly helped, but I think a little sweeping around the edges would help moreso as the rookies tend to get outside alot and send the pebbbles everywhere.

The NTC3 made it's presence felt as there were at least three in the field including Shawn, Jerry, and Jeff. Having put a few laps down with this car, all I can say is they are smoooth and accelerates hard.

Also, it would be nice if the consensus decided to go foam altogether or not. I don't think anyone should kid themselves that they do offer an advantage traction wise. I'm just not sure if the wear factor would appeal to beginners. Assembly would be attractive to most, but I think a trackside truer provided by somebody, would make the class that much easier to run by removing the cost to support the tires for them. I'm not looking to begin the age old debate on tire vs. tire, but moreso, what do people really want to run and why... Personally from a fun factor perspective, I think the foams would help since they can make up for alot setup issue, clean up the racing by nearly eliminating the spin-outs, and solidify a segemented market so everybody gets to race eachother. Just my $.02

Greg

Last edited by Greg Amendola; 05-16-2002 at 10:51 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.