Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On-road @ TCHR

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dave S, you need to chill. I don't think anyone was bickering here, just posting some of their thoughts. What's wrong with talking over your thougths and ideas? No one is demanding a change.

I for one love racing at TCHR and I don't have any problems with how the races are run, none at all. I have a good time any time I am there and I love the competetive racing in the mains. It's a blast!

For some reason, a few people got confused where they were supposed to start and it caused a little trouble in the beginning of a few races. If this continues to be a problem for some people, a really simple solution would just to have them line up, back to back, in the correct order near the back corner of the straight. No big deal, no one gets hurt, no one's upset- just a really simple solution, and just an idea that popped into my head as I was posting the other day.

Ben Prenevost
Old 04-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

For the record, my lineing up side by side was meant as a joke, maybe not all that funny but still a joke.

The ifmar starts are great but need a little getting used to for the racers and the race director. Give it a week or so and all will be fine.

I can never remember when I am supposed to go. If they called out names instead of numbers or just saying go go go it might be less confusing for the memory challenged racers like myself.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

And I was just being a smartass
Old 04-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sponge ~ The only problem with that is the screen reverts back to the original order after you push start. So for the first round its not a problem to call out names. The second and third rounds do present a problem however. It seems to me if the director calls out the order, and the cars line up in that order, there should be no reason for any confusion.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last nights IFMAR went better, there was only one time I noticed that the racer didn't go when told. When I've called or started an IFMAR qualifying style race I've always written the car numbers down in order right before that race but then the drivers have to remember their car numbers which they don't always do. Mod foam was fun last night but very hard on motors and diffs.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:55 AM
Tech Initiate

It sure would be easy to put numbers on the passenger side windows. Have them available when we pick up the transponder for the first heat and slap it on!
Old 04-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Tech Initiate

I think last night went well except for the extremely poor sportsmanship of some. I wish the race directors would step up and enforce the rules that we are supposed to live by. Drivers stand etiquette and timelyness in getting to marshalling duty come to mind. As a father of a 14 year old myself, and sitting next to one last night, I found the language in the pits and by drivers on the stand very innapropriate.

Clarification: it was not the 14 year old that was the problem, it was the people around them.

Last edited by Joevano; 04-07-2002 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2002, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Last night went great except for the fact that my car sucked.
Old 04-07-2002, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Last night was a blast!

Thanks TCHR for a good time last night! Mod foam was fun as always and I thought the IFMAr start thing is going really well.
Joevano, yeah your sportsman rounds were very brutal, it would be best though if you spoke with the management about how things were going so that they may access the issue and address it. Chad T. did a good job as a race director and is very open to feedback if that helps, but I dont think he will see it on here if ya know what I mean?
SpongeBob,
Send me an email, maybe I can help you out on a practice night getting that car "hooked up" in the back before the NATS.
My email is [email protected].
Later all!
Shawn or Alias "SWG" =P
Old 04-07-2002, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

I think I found the one thing I overlooked. My center one way was slipping so I pretty much only had rear wheel drive under hard acceleration. The one way bearing is inside the plastic pulley and was spinning inside the pulley. All 4 wheels would turn so I never thought to look at it but I can hold the front wheels, hit the gas and watch the bearing slip inside the pulley. That would also explain the inconsistancy of the car also. I glued it for now but will be getting the upgraded version soon.
Old 04-07-2002, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Pete, your becoming a X-ray troublshooter?
Old 04-07-2002, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Someone's gotta do it.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is it illegal to put one companies armature in another companies can? I assume it is but I'd like to make sure. . . oh, I'm refering to stock motors.

- Ben
Old 04-08-2002, 05:17 AM
lee
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jeff have you been running the new Hellfire much. If so what brushes/springs are you using?
Old 04-08-2002, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Ben, it is illegal in stock and mod
Lee, i've been running 4499's in mine but the motor needs a rebuild every 3 runs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.