Wiki Posts
Search

DIRT OVAL

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 12:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default DIRT OVAL

Hey Guys, just wanted to let everyone know there is a Indoor and Outdoor dirt oval in Princeton. The Outdoor season is coming to a close, but the indoor electric will be starting up soon. Here is a link: http://www.radmanracing.com/Lakeside...eside-Home.htm They also run 1/18 late model class..

Any questions you can pm me
Old 09-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The site doesn't have any information... Any pictures of the track or details of the facility and what classes you run? It would be cool to get a dirt oval series going in Minnesota between a couple tracks such as this and Tea's.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Matt D.
The site doesn't have any information... Any pictures of the track or details of the facility and what classes you run? It would be cool to get a dirt oval series going in Minnesota between a couple tracks such as this and Tea's.
The sit is a work in progress, there are some pics of the indoor. It is small, but its a blast when the there is snow on the ground. They run 1/18 (losi late model) ,1/10 2wd buggy (open), 2wd truck (open), Novice, and maybe even 1/10 4wd. The track is small, usually 13.5 is more than enough...
Old 09-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

To help gather interest until the site is up you should post some rules on here. And like Matt said, it would be cool to have MN dirt oval tracks work together. I'm very curious what the Open 2wd buggy class is like. Unfortunately I'm worried that it falls between two more standard classes. Limited Late Models which are 2wd off road buggies with limited modifications and Outlaw Late Models which are full blown purpose built chassis and suspension.

Although I don't always agree with them but Dirt Oval .com has a good baseline of nationally recognized rules that might be a good idea to work from. Also keep in mind that MMR will be trying to race Limited Late Models on carpet this winter also.

Just a couple ideas. I'm happy there is more interest in dirt oval racing, or oval in general. I might try to get up there to check the place out. I can't wait to see more pics too.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by fig865
To help gather interest until the site is up you should post some rules on here. And like Matt said, it would be cool to have MN dirt oval tracks work together. I'm very curious what the Open 2wd buggy class is like. Unfortunately I'm worried that it falls between two more standard classes. Limited Late Models which are 2wd off road buggies with limited modifications and Outlaw Late Models which are full blown purpose built chassis and suspension.

Although I don't always agree with them but Dirt Oval .com has a good baseline of nationally recognized rules that might be a good idea to work from. Also keep in mind that MMR will be trying to race Limited Late Models on carpet this winter also.

Just a couple ideas. I'm happy there is more interest in dirt oval racing, or oval in general. I might try to get up there to check the place out. I can't wait to see more pics too.

Well actually I am just another racer a this track, and the track hasn't been around very long. Last year was the debut for us, and basically a bunch of guys getting together slingin dirt. They do keep points, and the 2wd buggy class is probably the most competitive class there. Its a lot of fun, and its cheap. The classes really dont have much for rules, basically can run whatcha brung. No motor limit, but you cant have a frankenstein car..

More to come...
Old 09-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

It sounds cool and I hope to see more pictures. I just read the website and noticed you guys run Friday nights in the winter. It might be fun to mix it up a bit.

What kind of car counts do you guys get in each class? Is there a scoring system?

Last edited by fig865; 09-22-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Corrected myself.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It sounds cool and I hope to see more pictures. I just read the website and noticed you guys run Friday nights in the winter. It might be fun to mix it up a bit.

What kind of car counts do you guys get in each class? Is there a scoring system?
Last year we had some good turnouts, then some bad ones, so it really depends, but I would say on average probably 6-10 in 2wd buggy, and about the same for 1/18 late model, little less for stadium truck. There are some pics of the indoor track, albeit small ones, but the track is not large by any means.
As far as scoring, we are still stuck in the 19th century, so we use "counters", or the marshall's count for someone.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Cool, keep us updated on here and have the track stay on top of their website for us. Share any pics you have too. What do you run? If it's 2wd buggy, what chassis? What tires work?
Old 09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Cool, keep us updated on here and have the track stay on top of their website for us. Share any pics you have too. What do you run? If it's 2wd buggy, what chassis? What tires work?
I run an Rb5, and an RT5, usually DD's or holeshots, sometimes even bowties. The track is clay-black dirt mix, and it kinda sheds, so there is some dust on the outer half. I usually run 17.5 or 13.5, there is not much need for more than that..I picked up a Losi late model, because they fit the track size really well..
Old 09-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

When do the Friday nights start?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Friday nights usually start right after Friday afternoon.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Bill C
Friday nights usually start right after Friday afternoon.
Dont worry about Bill here, he's totally harmless. I am unsure the exact date, but I will find out shortly and report back, or you can email Joe
http://www.radmanracing.com/Lakeside...de-Contact.htm
Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

I did email him. He's hoping to be indoors by mid November.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Alright, weather has sucked quite a bit lately. All the big car races rained out last weekend and the next couple weeks are probably not going to be great either. I wanna start racing indoors.

I forgot to ask this: Do you guys run LM bodies on your 2wd buggys? I got my Tea's Limited LM ready to go and we are limited to a 13.5 so it might just be a tire swap to run up there. Besides, the more I think about it Friday nights might work well for me.

I can't wait.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All the big car races rained out last weekend
Must be IMCA? All we run is basically stock off road buggys, with mod motors(which have way too much power for the indoor).You should be fine with your 13.5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.