Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carpet Oval at MMR Direct?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'd be intereseted in a place to turn some laps.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Hot Diggidy Dog- I scored one off ebay and be here in a few days - How many does that make to run the circle track -hope we run stock Nicads as got some with the car or what ever all decide if there is nuff to make a race or to with, hope it happins - I will start , (Number 1 )take next number and see where we at on count
Old 08-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Stock Legends

Keep it all stock, except front springs, turnbuckles, and bumper. Other then that, box stock.

I understand the turnbuckles,the airplane style z bend wire is not impressive.
But what options are there with the front springs and bumper?
Scott
Old 08-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I'd maybe stop by and race my legend, or I might sell it. Anybody interested?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by mnscott
Keep it all stock, except front springs, turnbuckles, and bumper. Other then that, box stock.

I understand the turnbuckles,the airplane style z bend wire is not impressive.
But what options are there with the front springs and bumper?
Scott
Well, the front wheels stick out further then the stock bumper, and the front axle plates tend to shear off at the chassis plates pretty easy if you have a good crash (most of the guys that have raced legends know what I'm talking about) so... in addition to the stock bumper, some guys will run a second bumper only to help protect the front end from damage. The pic of my Bass Pro Shops car shows an example. I should of said, not to run a different bumper, but one IN ADDITION to the stock bumper. Stock front bumper would need to stay on the car.

Front springs... Most would like to run a stiffer spring, or add a spacer to the right front to keep it from digging in on that side on turn in. They traction roll bad enough the way it is.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like legends are getting the most support and I'll gladly run that class. I have no pref on what we run for motor and battery combos just whatever will bring in the most people. Lipos and brushless is where the hobbies headed so maybe run the same combos as the 1/12 stock class and the vta classes at mmr? If we run lipos I think we should run a certain c rating and mh size. X-treme magazine did some testing with different c rated batteries and showed a 5 mph difference between a 20c and 40c battery on a mod motor and smaller on 17.5s but still a difference in top speed and acceleration.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Initiate

I loved racing Legends back at Hobbytown and I would probably do it again, but I see a problem with the way the class is going.....

Legends is designed to be a super cheap and very equal class and I think it should be run that way even though there is newer battery and motor technology out there.

The Lengends should be run old school..... 540 silver can motors and 1500mAh NiCad batteries. Bolink specs call for 4-cell batteries, but if people want to go faster I think we should run 6-cell 1500 NiCads.

This would allow people to get into the class VERY cheap. The car is about $90, Duratrax makes 6-cell stick packs for like $20 each, 540 silver cans are a dime a dozen, I could even bring in a few for people that don't have one. And with the cheap motors and batteries no special speed control is needed.

Please keep lipo and brushless motors out of the Legend class and I would be happy to try to get one going to race on Saturdays.

If you want to run brushless and lipos, run a pan car.

If you insist on putting the new technology in a Legend, please at least offer a low-buck old-skool class for people like me.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.teamepiconline.com/shop/i...sp?item=SS2226

A popular one for Legends was the Trinity street spec... $25.00

Cool with me.

Note- The description on the website is not correct. If you enlarge the picture, it shows it's a 21 turn with locked timing.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Paul S
A popular one for Legends was the Trinity street spec... $25.00

Cool with me.

Note- The description on the website is not correct. If you enlarge the picture, it shows it's a 21 turn with locked timing.
No Trinity makes a Legends specific motor..... I'll try to find it.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Will that motor run on 4 nicad cells ?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Initiate

http://www.speedsportsusa.net/files/...ends_rules.pdf
Old 08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Initiate

And here is the motor we ran....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNL80
Old 08-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ctruss
No Trinity makes a Legends specific motor..... I'll try to find it.

They have not made that in a long time. If anything, it would go through RJ Speed, and Rick does not list a motor.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ctruss
That is the exact same motor I linked up just with a newer sticker on the can. Tower shows the old one.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

I like the rules for beginner class as stock and as get better then do the mod thing - as per group racers see fit within guidlines due to cost and abilty- Which comes to 2 classes Semi Box Stock with only minor changes allowed as to durability and driveability and MOD class for any mod setup as to motor Battery , shocks ETC- Ideas anyone to keep this a fun class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.