Drivers Etiquette @ TCHR

Old 02-21-2002, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

The thing that IFMAR qualifing does to help prevent aggressive driving *[besides having cleaner starts]*is that it starts everyone on their own clock, so car# 7 and car #1 can turn equally fast times with out the 7 or 8 car mad dash to the front to pass car # 1 so they can get a faster time, think of it this way, in order for all 6,7or8 cars to finish within the same 10 seconds, everyone has to run within car lengths of each other, were as with IFMAR you can all run close but use the whole track, you don't have everyone fighting for the 'front' spot and slamming into each other while there at it.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default /

(dont mind this post I just want to become a sportsman!!)
Old 03-03-2002, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[SIZE=1]I always thought that rubbin' is racing. All you have to do is talk to the inexperienced driver and ask them if they need some help with their set-ups. Make sure that they know who you are and which car is yours. And when you are talking to them make sure you talk about passing/racing etiquette. I am about to come back and race with you folks and all I want to do is has fun.
Old 03-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, hits are part of racing and I expect it, but when you continuously get hit from behind several times per heat while entering a corner it gets pretty frustrating In the mains I don't mind it as much(unless you get hit by traffic you are lapping, ugh) but during qualifying you shouldn't need to drive so aggressively.

Ben Pren.
Old 03-04-2002, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Talk to the race director. He should give a warning to rough driving. We all have been rookies at one time. Some people don't get to practice. Their only practice might be race nights.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We are having a Drivers meeting tonight, so bring these and any other concerns. 7:00 PM at the track be there or be ???
Old 03-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Just drive faster, JK. Seriously though,how about posting the rules somewhere at the track for the newbies to read so they don't find out the hard way. One thing I like is when the announcer says the leader is comming up on me or whoever so I can let them by. There is no point in getting in the way, all it does is slow things up. Now if I can only get good at getting out of the way, LOL. I try.

Good to see people posting here.
Old 03-04-2002, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ah man, I won't be able to make the racers meeting, I have to work Can you post some info that was discussed at the meeting so we can all have a looksee?
Old 03-09-2002, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Wow, its really funny some times to hear this stuff. 95% of the time the people that complain about getting hacked are the biggest hacks/blockers them selfs.
Old 03-10-2002, 01:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Madison, this has been a great topic and it's helped make our qualifying cleaner, what's wrong with talking about it? No one is bitching, we're just discussing it.

If you're calling me a hack, open your eyes! =)

BTW, last night was a blast, mod foam looks awesome!

- Ben
Old 03-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

I think Mod foam is cool to.

We will have our Board meeting Monday night, and I will post the results on the voting about items brought up at the drivers meeting.
Old 03-10-2002, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Ben, no need to get defensive, as of I was not refering to YOU!

I am just trying to say that people that complain about people bumping up to sportsman to quick or not giving them any room on the track or "Taking them out", are the ones that are not really the courteous drivers them selfs. I have seen this alot.
Old 03-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Madison is the Hackmeister of Hackolio.

Actually we are all hacks.

Yeah mod foam is fun, maybe a little too costly with the motor, and a little too out of control. There has also been talk of a 19 turn class. Only downfall is to buy a new motor.

When is the next drivers meeting?
Old 03-11-2002, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Madison

Hey Madison,

Whats up? Would give some detail to who the so called complainers are? Generalizations tend to be argumentative by nature but specifics really get meat and potatoes of what you are saying. It almost sounds like you want to start a flame thread by your words on here and tech talk. Anyway what do I know? Not alot! Your probably just being the jokester and I need to lighten up. So when can we hack the hackmiester?
SWG
Old 03-11-2002, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Pokie if it goes true to form, we have been holding drivers meetings about once every three months. The last one was one weeks ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.