Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Carpet Racing >

MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Carpet Racing

Like Tree51Likes

MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Carpet Racing

Old 07-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Big Track Sunday Carpet Racing

Sunday On Road dates:
Nov 17 (AJ and Doug will be in town to make that happen)
Dec 1 is still not locked in with most of our staff out of town. We hope to have that locked in shortly
Dec 15th MN On Road State Championship "The Can Am Race"
Dec 29th
Jan 12th Race #3 of the Series

Feb 9th
Feb 20-23 MMR Challenge
Mar 22nd
April 5th Finals!!!!

Molzer Mowery Racing - Racing News

This is a family friendly environment, make sure you act appropriately.

No alcohol is allowed.

Anyone harassing other racers or bringing alcohol into the building will be asked to leave.

MN On Road Championship Series 2018-2019 Sunday Championship Classes List

Min of 3 cars to run, or ability to mix and run with another class and score separately

Only ROAR approved motors legal to run

1/12th Pro-Lite 21.5 ( currently in discussion for Handout Motor for 18/19 season), ROAR legal Blinky Speedo,Lipo,Motor, Max roll out 100mm, CRC Spec Ring Tire, PFM-12 Clear Body : GT12

1/12th Stock 17.5 BL Single cell, ROAR Blinky Speedo, LIPO 1s, JFT Spec Tires

USVTA National rules. Yes that includes driver figure

1/10th Sedan Stock,ROAR Legal 21.5, Rubber True Blue JACO tires only.

1/10th USGT National Rules

1/10th F1 Final rules TBA

Novice, Chassis is open, all safety guidelines for batts must be met( no soft cell LIPO's) Driver may both race any other class except Pro-lite or VTA. If a driver is able to manage the course in a competitive manor and there chassis fits into a existing class may move them into the correct class.

Option classes: These are classes that are new or resurrecting. I.E.

1/10th Off Road, WGT, USVTA, 1/12 13.5 WGTR, 17.5 sedan They will be run as long as they have Three or more racers for the class and/or may be combined with another class during the day. Racers in those classes need to conform to the rules package..

First Points race heats will be set random. We will work to avoid back to back races and move accordingly, Also we will work to separate groups who have traveled to race and Family members so they do not have to race each other..

2nd and following races will be set by Points Standings.

Mains will be set by Top 9 drivers with the 10th driver Bumping in, If the class is marginal on the next main, ie 1 or 2 drivers in the C with 10 in the B we will run 3 or 4 in the lowest main and bump 2 drivers. This will be true of the b,c,d etc.

Example: 11 drivers in VTA, top 8 will go to the A, bottom 3 will race the B with two of the three bumping into the A.

12 drivers in VTA, top 8 will go to the A, bottom 4 will race the B with two of the Four bumping into the A

We expect to resort after the 2nd round. Currently that is the choice of:

1st half of season Top Qualifier of the 2nd largest class that day.

2nd half of season Top Qualifier of the 3rd largest class that day.

As long as we continue to see the track change through the day Qual points will be used . Qual points will be 2 out of 3 rounds on normal Sunday's . 2 out of 4 rounds for large events ( Bone Crusher, Challenge)

Handout Motor Rules: Season Motors must be purchased from the shop. Motors will be Locked, Labeled , and numbered. Motors will be handed out at the beginning of each race day and collected at the end of the race day. The motors will not be allowed to leave the shop. Drivers will get random disbursement of motors on Series race 1. Every race after the lowest points racer will have first pick Highest finisher will have last pick of motors. We will inspect and check motors to make sure they do not fall out of tolerance.

If a driver has the unfortunate event were they over push the motor and it fails they will be responsible to replace the motor.

Spec classes tech: Speedos may be checked before or after any qual or main for compliance with ROAR rules:

Motors will be deemed legal as long as all factory markers are in place and no signs of tampering with case or Soldering of winds is evident to the RD.

Winning Motors in Spec classes maybe Teched for $20.00 by any top 5 finisher in that class. Motors will be checked on Shop tools for legality.

Protests must be filled out paid and turned in within 5 minutes of the following race ending.

Spec Tire Modification rules:

Spec tire may only only be altered in the following ways:

CA or Shoe Goo on the sidewalls.

Foam Tires maybe Trued down in size.

Rubber tires may have mold seam sanded.

The only Tire compound allowed on any tire is SXT.

Penalty for modification of the spec tire is disqualification

Attached Thumbnails MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Carpet Racing-screws.jpg  

Last edited by ammdrew; 01-25-2020 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Awsome I cant wait to drive the new 1/12. Will there still be other racing during the week?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

3 cell NI-MN am i reading that right?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:57 PM
lee
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hows the balance going to work out on a 3 cell 1/12scale?
Old 07-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Why not 3 1/2 cells ? Kidding .. I understand the need for parity. Are you enforcing a minimum wieght?
Finally decided to get some rug eah?
Cool beans... it's about time.
Shawn
Old 07-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Company Representative

What we have seen in the past 7 months of testing is they are very equal. 3 cell to single cell lipo. So we are going to leave the wt at the ROAr min for 12th and adjust if needed.

3 cell balance in a T plate car way better then we have been able to balance a single cell.
speedo and single cell on same side two cells on the others and the remaining electronics can be used to balance.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

3 cell nimh equals - no need for a new charger, i get to keep my FF07, batteries i have are still usable

single cell lipo and mod i might be able to handle

i will be tring the sedan this year.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What does 12th SS-Mod mean exactly. To me SS is 13.5, mod is open. Please clarify.

Now that's not to say a 13.5 won't be a good choice and plenty fast to win, but if it is really to be Mod, just say that? If it's mod, I will most likely buy a 10.5, or faster option becasue I already have a 13.5. Now if it is really 13.5, I may buy another one of those so I have for two classes. Others may be in the same boat.

Excited to run on new carpet at MMR.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Company Representative

13.5 single is a bit soft for our cutting edge racers so I fully expect to evolve to full mod but that means those who wish can still run a 13.5.

This will have a evolution through the preseason and will determine if it needs to be pulled back at that time. Though I am not forcasting that.

This will be based soley on track performance and actually racing results/issues/turnouts.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply. I think that this class will be a big boost for several "cutting edge" guys in the area to take the chance and push their limits personnally, and as a group we will all get faster.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

This way when Mitch and Yari come to town next year, they only put one lap on the field instead of two or three!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default MMR

Yes,I am very excited for the fall and winter series!This is a great venue to race at.If you have not attended yet you should stop by and check it out.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABspeed
This way when Mitch and Yari come to town next year, they only put one lap on the field instead of two or three!
Who are you kidding, they're gonna be up by 4 or 5 at least
Old 07-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Company Representative

Printable flier uploaded
Old 07-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Andrew, 1/18th is not listed on the flier. I was going to be stopping at KK Hobbies on my way down tonight and post one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.