Calling all Minnesotans

Old 01-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Meeting the middle works best.

I am still looking for a Truck. Then I was watching ended before I could do anything.

Your crush cars, all you need to do is go to toys r us and buy toy cars. Build a ramp call it good. I use to have tons of them, but threw them out thinking I would never use them again.

I am not going to commit to anything yet. Once I see something happening I will bu a truck.

As for rules, dimensions, motor and axle is a must.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Here is the rules they use at the NRCTPA

http://www.nrctpa.org/Rulebook/Racin...gataglance.htm
Old 01-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnate
The church raving you are referring to might Team Extreme and they do not allow clods there.
Just an FYI...Team Extreme is open to any 4wd electric monster truck, and Clods are absolutely welcome to throw down with us!

We have open racing on the 11th, which is this upcoming Sunday afternoon. If you're interested in shaking some of the cob webs off the Clod, come on down and run with us! We split the room rental cost evenly between all racers, so for under $10, you should get several rounds of racing, and a freestyle.

Let me know if you're interested...always fun to have solid axle trucks show up...they're fun to watch! We had a modified Clod run with us a few weeks back...good times!

John
Old 01-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Anyone know if you can mount larger wheels and tires onto an Axial AX10 crawler? Would it work well for something like this? I like the crawler/link suspension, and I like the fact that you can easily buy replacement parts for them. If you could throw some clod wheels and real tires on I'd be interested.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

I am not sure if you could mount larger tires on the AX-10 or not. I believe there geared down in there transmissions but I am not sure. I'd say for around 200.00 you could have a nice rolling chassis setup. If you buy some axles off ebay, Buy a chassis and sum shocks or sumthing you can get electronics pretty cheap now a days. E-Bay has some good deals sometimes. You could try to setup clod tires on an axial... I am not sure if they work but worth a shot!

I plan to get all rules and classes setup so we can eventually in the mean time get something setup and hopefully be racing pretty soon.

How many people are really down to race on a weekend event. Just put your name below. (copy and paste and add your name if interested.)

1. 2Extreme
Old 01-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would be all up for this. I would rather see just the solid axle trucks not e-maxxs or e-revos allowed.

Has to be a real looking monster truck. Body must be replica truck.

I mean I am not going to spend the money on one of these and we allow the traxxas crap. (e-maxxs, e-revos) just so the solid axel trucks git beat every time.

So if we stay away from them I am game.

1. 2Extreme
2. rcnate
Old 01-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, This is a solid axle only truck race. I am sorry but I dont want these other trucks getting involved. I think its a great idea to have replica bodies, It can be of any truck buts lets please try not to replicate anybodys trucks. I have 3 trucks I still have to choose bodies for. I am not sure witch I'll go with.... Ill have to see.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sound's cool, Wish i had a truck to run yet! Just have the electrics and lots of motors from my old clodzilla. Hope you guy's get some thing going would love to just bring my son and watch.. Was always fun to watch at TCHR years ago..
Old 01-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Well, My next question for everyone is... Who can replicate 3 Monster Jam Bodies for me? I am looking to have a few bodies painted for the 3 trucks I plan on racing and it would be nice if someone local could do em. Let me know.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I do paint work, i paint everything no stickers.. just would have to send me pic's of what ya want duplicated . I can send ya some pics of my work if ya want. [email protected]

Jason Klein
Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

I found a video of some of these trucks in action. Personally, I like when the track setup is closer to the real life courses. Tighter and more precise. I like when they use turn pylons that if you knock over you get penalized. If that's what you're thinking......I can't wait. Enjoy the video, It does show the types of trucks we are talking about in action. I love these things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-IoptF8coQ
Old 01-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Would be nice to have someplace south of the cities, i got two clods all set up for racing years ago when the clod craze was going on.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Ronnn....... I'm right there with ya. I live in Montgomery and I'm trying to acquire a TXT to possibly play.

What if I know a guy with a heated and finished poll building with about 30'x30' of open floor space? Just north of Montgomery. So for you city dwellers, that would be about an hour south.

2Extreme.....we may have something to talk about here.

Guys, I'd start dusting off your trucks. There may be some possibilities.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

fig865, I have a real nice TXT I would sell if your interested.

My honest opinion here is, the further South you go the smaller the number of potential people that will come to play. For me in the North metro you are talking about a hour and a half plus.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Either way you go you will lose potential racers. That is the downside of it being just a "hobby". The more we talk about it, then more interest will be generated. We can move forward from there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.