Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
RC Racing Instructor Needed for summer 2009 >

RC Racing Instructor Needed for summer 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Racing Instructor Needed for summer 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Joe, all the work feels good when you get the check though But I enjoy work, so that makes it a little easier.

Thanks for the offer Jeff, let me see what I got first
Old 12-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Rusty- racing this weekend in Cottage grove, try to stop by, let me know if you wanna run, I have some rental gear, especially batts...
I may be interested in this plan...I realized I enjoy 1/12 but I want no part of the general maintenance involved....Any SS 1/12?
Old 12-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $rusty$
Ha, seriously dude? I'm not gonna argue, cause I know who you are. I helped you at Mark's a couple of times. Just to put it this way, I used to ride a MOPED to Mark's when it was snowing, raining, whatever the conditions for a while.

I work 75 hours in 2 weeks with school, and all that fun stuff, and in the summer I put in around 125 hours every 2 weeks, so don't tell me about work.
I will put it this way, it is much different in the city (612) when it comes to getting a job. You don't have to deal with the UofM college students taking the jobs and having first hand at them, not to mention being in the most competitive HS SLC program in the nation (IB). Alright, how about we both have our jobs and lets leave it there, i'm not going into specifics as we cannot be compared and I can tell this is going nowhere.

I don't think i've even seen you before?
Somebody helped me with my TC5 there once but he was an older guy with a T2. I forgot his name. Mark helped me a ton lol. I just remember on the Barn thread you never could make it to the races that I was attending. You must be mistaking me for some other young guy.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Come on Joe, pick on someone your own size, you bully! . Besides, Brian did hack (sorry Brian) that chassis up pretty good before he had the sense to ask for help.

As for you Steve, careful who you call old, if it's me you're callin' old. I don't think I'm that old...Neither is Dave, and he's a decade younger than me. We're the two guys givin' tips and wrenchin' with you at the barn with you and your bud way back when...

Turn down the fire guys, you're boiling over...
Old 12-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Centerline Racing
Come on Joe, pick on someone your own size, you bully! . Besides, Brian did hack (sorry Brian) that chassis up pretty good before he had the sense to ask for help.

As for you Steve, careful who you call old, if it's me you're callin' old. I don't think I'm that old...Neither is Dave, and he's a decade younger than me. We're the two guys givin' tips and wrenchin' with you at the barn with you and your bud way back when...

Turn down the fire guys, you're boiling over...

Hey I didn't say old, I said older than me lol.

You helped me at the Barn, Hobbytown, and MMR- pretty much everywhere I have raced. You always seemed willing to help. I believe I still owe you a 46T pinion by the way... Thanks by the way!

Yeah unfortunatly my friend with the T2 (if you remember) decided to quit..Why? I have no clue...he really made it indirect and frankly that makes me mad that he gives up without even trying. Told him it takes practice...obviously. Pisses me off since I have nobody I know to race with now lol.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

all i have to say is way to take a spam thread, turn it into an argument and keep it at the top.

forget about it and let it fall.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Steve, don't let Joe get to you. He's a dork.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rustlerboi1052
You did realize that Brian had that s400 and rebuilt it right? Anyways I'd build more kits if I was 30 years old and had cash to spend- and if I had more time, all of which is beyond my control. But who am I? Just the only one in the state at my age who is passionate enough to drive 3 hours north to race an mbx for 2 heats, not to mention I didn't have time for it in the first place. Okay, if I suck at building I'll just quit the hobby ive been doing for the past 4 years and thrown thousands of dollars at and then there will be nobody my age in the hobby that dedicates as much time as I do considering my circumstances. And if I quit the whole industry will start to quit since I'm sure I'm the only one around here that is 17 and spends thousands of dollars in kits at hub hobby in order to support the shop, despite the fact I could buy newer versions of the kits for cheaper online that I probably can't afford anyway. I have sacrificed so much for the hobby I can't believe you could say that to my face. Maybe after you read this you'll edit your post bit for the most part that is just downright rude to say that to me on open forums.
"TEAM MEETING