Like Tree2Likes

***RCXtreme Racing--Sioux Falls, SD***

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default ***RCXtreme Racing--Sioux Falls, SD***

**Website** - www.RCXRacing.com

Creating an official thread for the club in Sioux Falls, SD called RCXtreme Racing.

We are going into our 2nd season for indoor carpet at the VFW located on i229 and Minnesota St. exit to the right.After a generous donation of 4 rolls of 3 yr old Grey Ozite carpet, Our re-formed club was able to take off!

We are currently on our 2nd season of indoor carpet and is going awsome! The classes we run are...

1. Novice (oval)
2. Stock Foam Truck - 17.5/27turn I think* (road course)
3. Stock Foam Sedan - 17.5/27turn
4. Box Stock Losi Mini-Slider (oval)
5. Box Stock Losi Latemodel (oval)
6. Limited Stock Losi 10th scale sliders *Run your own remote/receiver and gearing* (oval)
7. 18th scale open (oval)
(12th scale has interest, 2-4 people have them on hand)

**Open to more classes if we have a solid 3-4 weekly!!**

In the summer time, we race on a very, very nice dirt oval track located in Hartford, SD. It is located about 10 miles west of Sioux Falls, on I-90 interstate. It resides on the western part of Hartford of 3,000 people, at the Hartford Speedway. Track is located down by the pits. Cant miss it!

Our offroad dirt track is a sweet, work in progress that will take off next year with a good starting layout. The track lies on a little bit hill terrain, which will make it interesting from other normal flat tracks. The offroad's driver stand is seperate from the oval's drivers stand because we had to put it 20 feet up in the air for the hilly terrain.

For summer outdoor dirt offroad/oval, We ran these classes.

1. Novice
2. EDM Gas Truck Open
3. .12 Sprinters
4. .12+ Outlaw Sprinters
5. 8th Latemodels

Our club requires ROAR membership during the winter carpet racing. It costs $30 annually or $15 for a single event. ROAR membership is not required for our summer racing, as it is covered under the Hartford Speedway's insurance. We very much incourage you to sign up for the ROAR membership through the club, as it helps us out. But if you got the membership already, thats great! Just present your ROAR membership card to the Race Director. ROAR forms can be found at the track by the Race Director running the computer. Usually Lynn Schrum

Club Membership is optional, It costs $50 annually, It runs for 12 calendar months from April to March. Club membership is the only way clubs such as ours.. SURVIVES! Club forms can also be found at the track by the Race Director as well. With a Club membership, you obviously get a big discount on race fees weekly, You also get a (5-10%) discount from "The RC Guy" hobbyshop, located in Brandon, SD (10 miles east of Sioux Falls on I-90 interstate). You get use of the track on non-race days to practice. And you also rack up season points, that will be added to you for Season Points Standings.

I encourage you to stop by or check out our website at.. www.RCXRacing.com !!!! and register on our forums!
Bates99 likes this.

Last edited by BSchorr; 02-24-2009 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Our last summer race is Sept 28th like I said above, We will prolly take a 3-4 weeks break from racing to get ready for our onroad carpet racing.

We still need to have our seasonal carpet meeting. ( I will post the minutes/details if I get to attend to it this year! I missed the last 2 meetings cause of work schedule! )

But rest assured, we will be allowing Lipo and Brushless, and following ROAR rules as a "guideline".. Se we may change up a few things...
Old 09-22-2008, 10:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Little update for this years winter carpet racing. The Oaks hotel where we were racing at... Is going to be torn down starting in November... So I guess our new place is to be announced!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default carpet racing

Actually the last 2 races did have 12th scale. I think we had 5 or 6.
We are currently weighing out our options and trying to decide which will be the best location for our club to race. Look for more details soon.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Bump! Updated some info about or club and any class changes. Chris will correct me if I'm wrong. (strong possibility.. lol )
Old 12-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Rookie

What rules do you run for the 10th EDM and the 8th late model. Looking at comming to race with you guys this next season.

Ryan
Old 04-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Is there any racing going on in Soo Foo these days? Would be fun to take a road trip down there, but I haven't seen anything mentioned lately.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Havent updated this thread much, But we are still here! Offroad is starting to pick up some!

Here is a temporary website I setup, until we get our www.rcxracing.com domain name renewed.

All current classes and stuff are listed. Website is current.

http://metis.spexhost.com/~bschorr/RCXRacing/Home.html
Old 10-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

whats up sioux falls?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Heading to the falls this weekend and want to bring my 1/10 buggy if there is anywhere to run. Does anybody have info on tracks or local club races?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sodakota
Heading to the falls this weekend and want to bring my 1/10 buggy if there is anywhere to run. Does anybody have info on tracks or local club races?
Are you looking for off-road or what?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Would prefer offroad dirt but doesn't really matter as long as I can run my buggy
Old 03-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sodakota
Would prefer offroad dirt but doesn't really matter as long as I can run my buggy
The only dirt track around here is in Brandon South Dakota, and we dont start racing till like May.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default track still in or near sioux falls?

I am currently in Montana but will be moving near Sioux Falls within a year and looking to race indoor and or outdoor. i currently have a 2wd slash, an older model Xray carpet racer and a Tamiya 01 touring car. what do you all run for motors and tires? i been out of the racing scene for about 6 years use to race in California was into 1/4 scale racing and 1/10 off road. i would love to find a club and go racing with my with and kids. thank you
Old 01-16-2018, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

They do race in siouxfalls still friday nights road coarse on gray carpet they race other days but i am not sure the days as i raced there a few times but they do have a face book page im pretty sure one of the sioux falls guys can committee a little better than i can hope that helps
Bates99 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.