Wiki Posts
Search

R/C X Games IV, Cambridge Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kemorc,

I have broken waaaay more parts at many other tracks than the X Games in the past 15 years of racing. I for one like the way Mike mixes the track up. I mis the wall ride he had a few years back!
If you race the track and don't jump things all out you won't break parts, but if you are trigger happy and don't care if you are putting down the smoothest laps you can break things. The nice thing about the X-Games is the dirt is soft and forgiving on cars at least til the A main finals then the corners start to get hard, but overall if you come up short on a jump it softer than most tracks.
I would be all for having a 1/5 scale class and would be glad to corner mashal them as long as they DRIVE the track and don't go nuts on the big stuff. I am talking just driving smart.
I am all for bringing in new drivers that may run a class that currently does not have a place to race! We are not talking about a bunch more classes, just adding 1/5 scale would be kool! I would consider buying one just to race at the X Games!
Just my 2 cents!
Mike, Keep up the great work! The X Games track rocks and if you want make the mountain bigger go right ahead or even add another mountain!
Later
BB
Old 07-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

The layout last year wasn't that tuff on cars at all... infact "menard's mountain" had a secondary lander for the guys who didn't want to go big or go home. Overall last year I was impressed with the layout/design... it had good flow and a nice variety of obstacles...

There will not B a 1/5th scale class- but they are welcome to run in the big air contest- so bring em out fellas.

Did anyone run Kimodo Dragon 2s last year--- running buggy this year and want to bring the right treads....

I ran Bow-Ties in Truggy last year and they felt great...

MIKE FISK- Still havent heard from Skinny?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Kemorc, I used to think the same way as you in the past about the mountain. We gave the X-games a try last year and loved it! The mountain looks harder than it is.

Notch, I would say, K2's, Crime's, Kendall was running Werk's W's last year.

Rex
Old 07-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Kelly,
Yes, Tea's has there outdoor oval done. I think they are just practicing on it on Wed. and Friday eve. If your in town you are welcome to run anytime it sounds. It's on Hwy 14 east right in the little town of Chester. If you see a huge Budwieser dist. it's right next door.

Rex
Old 07-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Rex- I was thinkin med soft for the k2s and m3 for the fighters?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 22Racer
Kemorc, I used to think the same way as you in the past about the mountain. We gave the X-games a try last year and loved it! The mountain looks harder than it is.

Notch, I would say, K2's, Crime's, Kendall was running Werk's W's last year.

Rex
I moved past nitro lately and straight up to gas... hopefully we can get some sort of a big event going for gassers too. I'd be hoping that there wouldn't be any jump like the mountain for gassers... say bye bye tranny.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Notch, I talked to Skinny today, he will be calling you this weekend, we are going to book the flights Sunday night. I wanted to let you know my brother in law has a set up a big card game for monday night after the X Games... you in???
Old 07-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is there gonna be any electric 10th scale 4wd buggy? I was going to run truck but I won't make 10 minute heats with regular cells
Old 07-26-2008, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

Mod 1/10th Electric Truck seems to be the only electric class.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mike, let me know what you plan on doing for runtime with the mod truck as soon as you know. I kinda want to come just to jump my b44 in the big air comp. I want to jump it straight to hell, where it belongs.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

could you take my tmaxx with the b44 up to hell? I need more space for my gasser!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Even though it says 10 minute qualifiers last year the mod truck quals were still only 5 minutes. I assume it will be the same this year because not everyone is running lipos. I have a 4wd i would like to run as well but I think the classes are already decided.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

They had a really good turnout of mod trucks last year.

Rex
Old 07-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Rcsignup says mod electric truck qualifiers and mains are 5 minutes. Only nitro classes are 10 minutes, which makes sense to me. I sure hope this is correct.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If we see a big enough turnout for the electric class, I will consider splitting them and letting the Lipos run a longer main. In the past there just wasn't much for electrics, but last year was the first year we had a decent turnout, I hope it continues to grow and then there will be the need to have more classes for them. People need to understand that the cost to put this event on is very expensive, in fact it scares the crap out of me every year, so we need every entry we can get to make this event possible!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.