Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC X games - Oval race

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

OK good, I have about 3 other guys that I might be able to talk them into going...
Old 07-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default Class and rules

First off you can run sprints with gas trucks/they are slower and also your not going to attract anyone to come race there sprint cars if they are going to be playing crash up with gas trucks/ Second no performace difference between a .28 or .21 on the oval/ I have .21 in my oval and beat ever .28 .30. .32 that has come to the track. Most 1/8 cars are going to be RTR and none will come with .21. I would think it would be all about attracting peopple to come race so don't make rules or mix classes that are going to make people not attend. my two sence. Thanks Jason
Old 07-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

For the 1/8 scale running .28 should be fine then. I just want to keep this to a buggy 1/8 class more than anything. No big tires, no trucks or truggies. RTRs will be fine.

I really don't want to have more than say three classes also. Remember we are starting at 8pm and I don't think we want this to go until 3am!

If this gets to be big enough then maybe next year we would race two nights? You never know.... with Spektrums this could be at the same time on a different track.

Bill N.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Whats the oval track going to be like? Is it going to be hard packed dirt or loose and loamy type dirt?? Just kind of woundering what kind of tires to bring for 8th scale..
Old 08-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Snady loam, the same dirt as the offroad track. WIth a little bit of water the traction has never been an issue!

Maybe one of the 1/8scale guys could chime in on what tires they used last year.

Bill N.

Go fast and turn left!
Old 08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Panther K2, Proline Crime Fighter, Werks W, Step pins worked ok.

Rex
Old 08-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

So I guess the foams that I run on my 8th scale late model wont work than.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Qualifing

Am I reading this right? You will only be racing the 12 cars whith the fastest qualifing times? So if 30 cars show up for a class 18 will go home without actually racing?
Old 08-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Good question? I hope we run it to this problem! If we get 30 there would be a good possiblility that we could race two seperate races and then have the winning 3 cars from the Main race each other to advance to the Dash for cash. So this would mean 24 would race and 6 would not.

Again nothing is in stone yet, but we also need to keep the number of races down somewhat so we aren't racing until 4am!

Not everyone that signs up to race at Indy makes it to the show!

Bill N.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

A couple more things about the Friday Night Oval race.

Talking with Fisk we thought it best to accommodate more racers we are going to have timed qualifiers but Lap mains. This way we can race 10 guys or so per qualifier and then set std mains up but also have bump ups. (thinking at least 2 qualifiers and 2 or 2.5 mins per, want to keep this moving)

Also if we get enough 1/8 scalers we would separate the buggy's from the true wedge cars. Also if enough sign up adding a 1/8 truck class.

Now remember there will still be a dash for cash with the top two from each class going head to head but handicapped based on there top three qualifying laps times. So someone may have to do 3 more laps than someone else.....

Also Fisk is going to add another race sign up next to the Xgames sign up but this one will have the $15 entry fee instead. He couldn't just add the class to the xgames race because then it would have charged you the $45.
So keep an eye on the signup web site Fisk made.

Two weeks and counting!

Bill N.