Community
Wiki Posts
Search

**2008 Minnesota Off-Road Nitro Series**

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default **2008 Minnesota Off-Road Nitro Series**

The only thing to consider when wanting to run nitro off-road in Minnesota; the MNRC traveling off-road nitro series is about to kick off in less than two weeks!

Here is the 2008 schedule with fresh new tracks, and all of your favorite old ones!

April 19-20 - Motodome. Staples, MN. Indoor, weather-free racing perfect for the spring opener! Huge facility with a gi-normous driver's stand/scoring tower/snack bar! Located in central MN. 2 hours north of the Twin Cities on HWY-10.

May 17-19 - Rooster Raceway. Zumbrota, MN. Second year on the series for this large, technical, outdoor circuit in south-eastern MN. Large driver's stand, and plenty of open room for camping! About an hour and a half south of the Twin Cities.

June 14-15 - Loosenuts Raceway. North Branch, MN. One of the best tracks around! This one gets hard packed, and blue grooved, for deadly fast head-to-head racing. The race is held during the same weekend as the town fair, so there is plenty of action going on at all times! Located 40 minutes north of the Twin Cities on I-35.

July 19-20 - Full Throttle Raceway. Foley (St. Cloud), MN. FTR has a smooth, durable, black dirt surface that provides awesome traction! Large, flowing layouts are usually in play. Huge driver's stand, available indoor A/C'ed pit area, and excellent camping. Awesome facility! 1 hour north-west of the Twin Cities on HWY-10.

August 2-3 - Lake Superior R/C Club. Duluth, MN. One of the best track set-ups I have ever seen in my life. LSRCC took the best from their old facility, and added even more! This new track will be a hit for sure on its first official MNRC stop. Perfectly groomed surface with a HUGE "storage container" style covered driver's stand. 2 hours north of the Twin Cities on I-35. This place could hold the nats. Enough said.

September 13-14 - Gravity Ridge Raceway. Alexandria, MN. If any racing facility is going to impress more than LSRCC, GRR in Alexandria is poised to do so! This brand new facility is rumored to have state-of-the-art EVERYTHING. Built and ran by a perfectionist, this place sounds like it will blow people away. Located 2 hours northwest of the Twin Cities on I-94. Party at my cabin in Alex.

October 11-12 - The grand finale will be held at Full Throttle Raceway in Foley. The second series stop in Foley for the year, the final should be the best racing action of the season with the yearly championship titles being decided!

If you haven't heard about this series, I DEFINITELY reccommend going to a race! I gain nothing from this, so take my word for it!! The camping/partying is awesome. The hotel action is sweet. The tracks will be amazing this year. And the racing is second to none. If you have heard of the series, but haven't made it to a race...get out there! You won't regret it!!

All the predictable classes and rules are in effect. If you want to check out pics of the tracks and find out more info on rules/classes/etc., check out the series website and forum @ http://www.mnnitroseries.com!

If you have any questions, fire away! There are plenty of nice people that will provide answers!

Last edited by Eric Swanson; 04-02-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Nice post Eric! Really, this series is the most fun you can have racing!

Rex
Old 04-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

only one thing to say:

I wish I was single again.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice job Eric! You said it all, this is a great series with alot of great people racing it and organizing it. The competition is amazing and lots of track time from fridays open practice, 3 rounds of qualifing on saturday and the mains on sunday. LOTS of great door prizes throughout the summer too! I look forward to building another killer track at Round 1 in the Motodome, only a couple of weeks away!!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone with a nitro off-road vehicle should come check out the racing action!!!! This is the largest series ever in the state of MN, 100-200 entries at each race on some of the nicest facilities the state has to offer. All that along with the some of the fastest racers in the region, with classes to suit all skill levels.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WRPracing
only one thing to say:

I wish I was single again.
Hey, it's fun for the whole family! Or if its the crazy parties you miss...what happens at the Nitro Series, stays at the Nitro Series. haha
Old 04-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

12 days until the series kicks off!
Old 04-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eric Swanson
Hey, it's fun for the whole family! Or if its the crazy parties you miss...what happens at the Nitro Series, stays at the Nitro Series. haha
Its more a matter of getting divorced if I traveled to all the races I wanted to attend.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

One week untill the first round!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The series has improved in every way each year, and this year promises to be off the hook! The MN series is one of the premier state series in the nation, and the fields at each race are deep enough to provide racing excitement for all skill levels. This IS racing at its best!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Less than 3 days 'till track time bump!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

track opens in 24:05.38!!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Good luck to everyone back in MN for the Series!! Fuel-em up and hit the track!!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

hey guys, remember me? i just picked up a revo but im not looking to get in too heavy yet, just bashing for now.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Great weekend of racing on a killer track, we had a 140 entries, with racers from 5 states and Canada making the haul. Congrats to Brian Kahn in Expert Buggy, Sean Vandalen in Truggy and Chad Lundahl in Gas truck. I can't wait for round 2!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.