Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
RRR/CCC & FHF Present WOR at The Ranch! in Fergus Falls >

RRR/CCC & FHF Present WOR at The Ranch! in Fergus Falls

RRR/CCC & FHF Present WOR at The Ranch! in Fergus Falls

Old 12-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Exclamation RRR/CCC & FHF Present WOR at The Ranch! in Fergus Falls

There have been a couple of changes to the way things will happen. There will no longer be a gate fee, however your first entry will be $30 now instead of $25. The second class will still be $20. So the price is the same for the racers and spectators are free now.

There will be no need for tents at all, in fact where we will be pitting there won't be room for them. The pit area will be assigned to you when you get there Sat morning and you will be required to clean up after yourself. If certain people would like to pit in the same area that will not be a problem. It will be on a concrete floor with power overhead that you can plug into. Bathrooms are in the pit area.

There will be no fueling cars in the pit area. You can have the fuel there just wait until you are out at the track to fill bottles or cars.

Everything will stay nice and warm, good flannel shirt temps. There are bleachers overlooking the track so people can watch the racing as well.

I hope to see you all Sat. morning with cars ready to run. Track opens at 7 am. You MAY be able to get a pit spot a little before that but I can't promise. There is plenty of pit space available too so no need to worry.

Also, when you come into the building on Sat. you will be coming into the back and sign up right away. There will be large garden carts that you can use to haul your stuff in. There will be food available around 9ish. Not sure but he WILL be there before lunch. There are pop and candy machines there too.

Again, if you want to send me all your info I can have you signed up before you get there so all you do is pay and go in Sat morning.

You can pm me the info here.

Last edited by Jon Carlson; 12-19-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

So is it Friday practice and then Sat/Sun Qualys and Mains? Friend and I are looking to put our gas trucks to use this winter at an indoor race.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Here are some pic from Yesterdays race in Fergus Fall at the Red Horse Ranch!

http://picasaweb.google.com/billneu2/RCRace1210001

This has got to be one of the best indoor facilities for RC in the nation! And I'm not exagerating.....

With it being -26 below zero out it was 50 above inside! And when they flipped the magic switch the smoke disappeared and clean out the nitro in about 2 minutes. Then they quickly turned off the switch so we all did freeze in 4 minutes!

But have a look at the pics for all of you that decided to stay at home in front of your warm fire place it was actually quit cozzy at the Ranch too.

As you can see from the size of the track this is bigger than just about all of our outdoor tracks we race on during the summer and it held up quite nicely too. Jon water the track twice all day and it didn't even need it.

We were able to drive in and drop off our stuff and using wheeled carts (they had about 30 of them) we were able to get in and out in minutes.

We had room for about 400 guys but only 50 showed up ;( but since this was the first weekend and no one really knew what the facility was like this was understood.

We now officially now have access to probably the biggest and nicest track any of us will ever get a chance to race at.

The next race is January 19th, Jon can answer the logistics on the race.

Great job to Jon on the layout and the running of the race, we got out of there at about 7pm.

Bill

Last edited by billneu; 12-31-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Regional Moderator

It's all Saturday. Practice starts @ 7am and racing starts @ 11.

Here is a video one of the guys made from the first race.

Video from the Ranch.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Cool stuff! Nice video there.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

There should be 4 of us coming out from Bismarck for the January 19 race. We're still trying to decide if it's worth bringing our electrics - it doesn't look like there's much turnout for those...maybe Cain can bring his over from Fargo?
Old 12-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Legend

I am shooting to be there with my electric 1/8 scale buggy but I have no 1/10 scale stuff currently. I am still trying to get in touch with denver to see if he wants to make it has he has a variety of 1/10 scale electric vehicles he would be willing to run as well as his nitro 1/8 scale stuff. Also spoke with some other guys local here that main bash monster trucks to see if they would be interested as well.

I am thinking of picking up another 1/10 scale electric or maybe do a conversion of a CRT .5 to electric brushless. Buggy is where the heart is, just something about them.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Only a week away! I hope you guys are all getting excited to come and race some nitro! The track should be better and so should the turnout! Hope to see alot of you there!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Legend

excited to race, sounds like some guys from Grand Forks area will be coming down.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default wow

now i really cant wait for the 19th it looks like fun with a lot of good competion. we will see you there

thanks,
Travis
Old 01-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Legend

If anyone in Fargo wants to carpool let me know. Would be cool to setup something regular for carpooling for the race season up to pingree and Manvel tracks.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

F.Y.I.

109 cars! Sixteen heats.....

Pics to come latter and maybe the results.

Bill N.