Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends >

Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends

A horrible accident happened last night that took the life of Matt Monson.

We have just spoken with his family.

I do not have exact information except that it was a accident and his father found him.

Memorial Service will be held at David lee Funeral Home in wayzata.
952-473-5577. 5-8pm Friday

Funeral The following day. more info to follow as we get it.

We will also be helping the family sell matt's rc gear after the weekend. All funds going to the family we will post what and were.

Last edited by ammdrew; 10-23-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow, that's unbelievable. I always had great battles racing 1/12 against Matt.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

matt was a good guy had some great battles with him back when we were racing at air lake

ps andrew u have a time but no date just wondering
Old 10-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Company Representative

Thanks fixed it. friday.
I have looked through some of the pictures taken over the past year. I will post images of matt racing etc, if you have some please post also. The best we can do is enjoy the time we had with him and the exsperiences he left us with.
Attached Thumbnails Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends-img_6482.jpg   Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends-img_6521.jpg   Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends-img_6539.jpg   Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends-img_8173.jpg   Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends-mmrchallenge-007.jpg  

Old 10-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Company Representative

a few more.
Attached Thumbnails Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends-mmrchallenge-032.jpg  
Old 10-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default Matt Monson

I am saddened to hear of the passing of Matt Monson. He is a great guy and always a joy to be around and fun to race with. I hope his family is comforted by the support of the R/C community within which Matt had forged many a friendship. Thanks Matt and have a safe journey.

Mitch Witteman
Old 10-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Matt was far to young of a man to go so early. We were all talking about this tonight racing. He always showed up and left with a smile. He was always willing to lend a helping hand. We will deffinately miss him.

God speed young man.

Last edited by Mark O'Brien; 10-23-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I will miss Matt!

Matt,

Thank you for the fond memories that you have left with others and myself! I really enjoyed traveling with you to many of the out of state races!

You taught me a lot about racing but about life as well! Take care my friend!

God Bless you and take care!

Sincerely,
Michael de Vera
Old 10-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Matt was truly one great individual. My heart pains for his family and friends, me included.

Although Conner and I didn't get to know him very well until the heat of the nitro season 2007, he jumped right in to help us extensively during the HOA race in Lincoln, NE.

I smile right now as I type this because Conner had a fear of Matt in the beginning. When I asked why he felt scared, he told me that it was Matt's smirk that somehow made him seem a little mischevious. I told Matt how Conner felt, and then the familiar smirk surfaced and he asked how far he can take it with Conner.

Of course, I gave the go-ahead to go all the way. Matt would smirk everytime he passed Conner or their eyes met. Well, that lasted for a very short while and then Conner warmed up to Matt and they were trading banter like lifelong friends.

The one thing Matt helped me to do, is demonstrate to my son that one shouldn't pre-judge people. Matt also reinforced in me that we should live life not judging people based on preconceptions.

Thank You, Matt, from the bottom of my greiving heart...

Twilight

Twilight is Light from the Sky
Somewhere between Sunset and Night
Matt Monson has Left us
He’s Completely out of Sight

We close our Eyes to Reflect
On the Memories in our Thought
The image in our Mind’s Eye
Tears of Joy are Brought

As Twilight draws the Curtain of Life
And Pins it with a Star
We Think of Matt as a True Friend
Who's Memory will Never be Far

ARP

Last edited by Centerline Racing; 10-25-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Matt was there the first time I ever raced. He treated me like another racer, not a new guy. I always came back to the TCHR parking lot races, Matt was there...He loved racing. Matt was there even if it was raining, just hoping it would clear up so he could race. Matt was always there early to set up the track, and always there to help tear it down, win or lose. Matt hooked me up with my 1st set of trued foam tires. I miss him and so do many others.
Dave Bruns
Old 10-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

This is sad news. Past two years he really started to love this hobby and came part of us. He was always willing to go extra mile to helping other folks.

The Man with a lot of drive!

We will miss you…
Attached Thumbnails Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends-img_1975.jpg   Horrable loss. we have lost one of our racers and friends-img_2046.jpg  
Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Z
Tech Master

He will definatly be missed.

Z
Old 10-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Unhappy a good Friend and Racer

The Simon Racing Team wish to extend our condolences to Matt's family and friends in this hour of sorrow and want them to know that the racing community has lost a good friend and fellow competitor!!!!! I am sure that if there is a race track in heaven that he will find it and be giving eveyone as much competition as he did here. GOD SPEED!!! Your fellow racers Arlynn, Lance, and Scott Simon
Old 10-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Matt's family.

This summer Matt's dad came out and watched him race at the HOA, you could tell he was very happy having him there. Afterwards he mentioned that this was the first time his dad ever came to a race and how much it meant to him having him at the race.

You will be greatly missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom
Old 10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i dont even know where to start i only got to really know Matt this past carpet season, all i can say is he is truly awsome guy. i just wish i could have gottin to know him better

our thought will be with you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.